MAP changeover rumor thread

fuzzymoomoo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've heard a few things. I heard the over time that is scheduled for July thru August might happen and might not. It all depends on parts and where we are with numbers. The fleet order is around 20K Cmax for China.

The interesting part of this is that they are talking about running straight Cmax with skips (production for this time supposedly will only be around 750 or so per day) hence the over time.

Ok all is fine with what I was told so far and explains why there are no more TLO's til December (lets call it a decent source but shit changes all of the time. So don't preach this as gospel) until I heard this next bit. Rumor has it we may end running Cmax only after December. I didn't understand this part very well and should inquire about it more. Something to do with a supplier stating they will not be sending anymore focus wires at the end of the year.

BUT, To keep this pot stirring. Anyone hear of any inverted TLO being canvassed in the future? It was going around and fizzled out pretty quick. It might have been a slow rumor day and was pulled out of thin air...

You all have a great day/weekend.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So the latest is that when we launch the ranger they will drop a shift. 1997 or better to hold the plant. When bronco is launched b crew will be restarted. Low production of Ranger won't support 2 shifts.

I've heard that one a lot, I don't buy that one for a second. Too much pent up demand for a nameplate entering one of the few expanding segments in the market. Besides, by the time the Bronco does launch, Ranger inventory will only just be getting to balanced levels.

I feel the same way fuzzy. That's what my committee man told me. Ford wants to keep production low so as not to compete with the F150. Sounds to me like its posturing on fords part to get us to give up the farm. I have no desire to go to a yet another plant. Union is trying to negotiate alternating down weeks like they did for initial f150 launch. Hope this to be the case.