2018 Lincoln Navigator Debuts

They work perfectly fine. I've been using them in the MKX for over a year with no problems. You get used to them very quickly. Even switching back and forth with the Fusion it's not confusing at all. Very intuitive.

The dial sucks. There is no "indexing" you have to look at the dial to switch "gears". Column, lever, buttons you can change without having to look so closely.

Let's face it - nobody really thought the large BOF SUVs were going to make such a big comeback. GM took a big gamble updating theirs and it paid off.

Looks good, glad Lincoln is taking the Navigatior seriously again. Some people may shy away from a V6, wonder will GM upcoming dohc 6.2 will be an Escalade option.

Some people may shy away from a V6

That's exactly what they said on the F150 but I'm pretty sure the ecoboost V6s outsell the other engines handily.

The current Expy and Navi only come with the 3.5LEB today (I think).

Edited by akirby
  • Like 1

Looks great. Like akirby, I'm not wild about the wheels, but I can see that design being popular and widely imitated, much as the Oldsmobile "spinner" wheel covers were in the 1950s.

And there will be other wheels available, so not a big issue.

A huge upgrade over the current model. Like many others, I hate the Black Label wheels, although these are better than those on the Continental. I do NOT like the tablet style screen. I much prefer the screen be built into the dash instead of standing up like a frog's eye. I do not understand Lincoln's idea of having a digital speedometer but still retaining a "needle" that moves but points to nothing since the numbers are eliminated. The Continental is the same way.

As for the push button transmission selector, it is a non issue. I can jump from my Conti (push button) into my Ranger(column shift) or my wife's Taurus (floor lever) and all seem completely natural in spite of being completely different.

That is a BIUG jump in horsepower ! Even more than the 2017MY Mustang.

The are going to need a deep axle ration (3.73, 4.10 ?) even with the 10 speed to get enough torque to haul around a 2 horse trailer !

500 lb ft isn't enough!

That's more than my old man's 454 had pulling 10 fat cattle.

I really like it. Interior is fantastic. I'd like to see more images of the instrument display. I'm guessing conventional round "gauges" may not be part of the digital scheme? The dark red LWB version looks very nice. I'm guessing no goofy model designation for SWB vs. LWB like "L", "MAX" etc. Looks like model specific front and rear quarters but I could be wrong on the rears. I assume there will be a middle row bench version without the large console. This will sell well and I bet that starting price is $60k plus with ATPs in the $75-80k range? I'm sure you can ring this up to $110k.

The LWB model is still called Navigator L.

There is a "round gauges" setting for the gauge cluster.

Here are some videos:

Edited by rmc523

A huge upgrade over the current model. Like many others, I hate the Black Label wheels, although these are better than those on the Continental. I do NOT like the tablet style screen. I much prefer the screen be built into the dash instead of standing up like a frog's eye. I do not understand Lincoln's idea of having a digital speedometer but still retaining a "needle" that moves but points to nothing since the numbers are eliminated. The Continental is the same way.

As for the push button transmission selector, it is a non issue. I can jump from my Conti (push button) into my Ranger(column shift) or my wife's Taurus (floor lever) and all seem completely natural in spite of being completely different.

The tablet style allows for a larger screen to be put in without having to make the dash awkwardly tall to accommodate it.

They should be able to hit 2000 sales a month with this. Love everything but those hideous wheels, Lincoln wheels in general leave a lot to be desired, the 21" on the MKX look like a food processor blade.

You're talking about these? They're my favorite wheel on the MKX.

2016_lincoln_mkx_4dr-suv_premier_fq_oem_

I think he means these. Obviously I like them.....

med_gallery_932_10_189211.jpg

Yes those are them, I think what really annoys me is that they need to have a right side and a left side, they are better on the left side of the car. That being said a guy in my office is on his 3rd set because they keep getting stolen, so other people do like them. On a totally other note Dollar tree sells some cleaner called totally awesome Rust, Lime, Calcium -- best wheel cleaner I have ever used.

2016-lincoln-mkx-reserve-ecoboost-27-low

2016-lincoln-mkx-reserve-ecoboost-27-low

Mic drop moment! This is the best Navigator ever the exterior look like the 1st and second gen evolved even if the the grill is different Lincoln's have certain visual ques that go way back to the 64 conti. The interior looks top of the class and you can tell they were benchmarking Range Rover by the deatail put into it (look at that big slab of wood in the doors!). It's not going to out sell the Escalade just yet but this will be like the 2nd gen was in how regal it looked going down the road.

Maybe I'm strange, but I don't​ hate the turbine wheels. I don't think I'd want them on my Navi, buy theb I'm pretty unlikely to be buying a huge SUV anytime soon anyway. But I don't have any problem with them and kinda look forward to seeing someone rolling around town with them.

I think tastes are kind of aligning with what Lincoln represents again.

I don't know if it's a reaction against the notion that a luxury car must also have performance credentials (which is, if you stop and think about it, kind of weird), or what, but I do think that the market is ready for what Lincoln has traditionally been associated with.

• Like 1