2018 Lincoln Navigator Debuts

I think tastes are kind of aligning with what Lincoln represents again.

I don't know if it's a reaction against the notion that a luxury car must also have performance credentials (which is, if you stop and think about it, kind of weird), or what, but I do think that the market is ready for what Lincoln has traditionally been associated with.

I do think its funny that people will say the Navigator doesn't have "Performance Credentials" yet will probably beat 99.9% of all vehicles from the 60's - 90's in 0-60 time. Raptor is 0-60 in 5.0-5.2 seconds, I'm assuming this will be close as they weight is about the same, I wouldn't be surprised to see a sub 5 time by one of the testing magazines.

I do think its funny that people will say the Navigator doesn't have "Performance Credentials" yet will probably beat 99.9% of all vehicles from the 60's - 90's in 0-60 time. Raptor is 0-60 in 5.0-5.2 seconds, I'm assuming this will be close as they weight is about the same, I wouldn't be surprised to see a sub 5 time by one of the testing magazines.

You mean like when they complain about the Explorer 2.0EB having "only" 240 hp/270 lbft when the 93 Explorer 4.0 only had 160/220.

You mean like when they complain about the Explorer 2.0EB having "only" 240 hp/270 lbft when the 93 Explorer 4.0 only had 160/220.

and then replaced the 2.0 EB with the 2.3 EB, the basic level of performance expected is crazy.

That increased performance level is also delivered with outstanding fule economy when

compared to older vehicles with similar or less performance...quite staggering.

• Like 1

They work perfectly fine. I've been using them in the MKX for over a year with no problems. You get used to them very quickly. Even switching back and forth with the Fusion it's not confusing at all. Very intuitive.

They addressed the complaints of all the buttons being the same by making the park button larger. I like that.

Yes those are them, I think what really annoys me is that they need to have a right side and a left side, they are better on the left side of the car. That being said a guy in my office is on his 3rd set because they keep getting stolen, so other people do like them. On a totally other note Dollar tree sells some cleaner called totally awesome Rust, Lime, Calcium -- best wheel cleaner I have ever used.

2016-lincoln-mkx-reserve-ecoboost-27-low

2016-lincoln-mkx-reserve-ecoboost-27-low

I never knew there was such a thing as left & right wheels until I saw somewhere that the MKZ wheels with the drivers sport package are in fact left & right.

I like it. My only gripe is why they still use a visible rear wiper arm when not in use. Others tuck them into the liftgate spoiler. Ford just sticks it in the middle of the glass. It looks cheap to me. Overall it's a huge improvement.

On that note, I wonder why most cars went away from wipers that park below the hood to hide them.

Well, I have scoured over the pictures and I really like the Navi. It is way too much vehicle for me but I expect it to do great for Lincoln as long as gas stays low. I was pleasantly surprised with the 450 HP and 500TQ rating. Lincoln is stepping up to the plate. I really think this is the pinnacle for ICE SUV's right now. 10 speed, with ecoboost, with stop/start should up the MPG a good amount with more power.

The tablet in the dash will take some getting used to though. The could of just gone for bigger screen, ala Tesla, but chose to go the MB route.

Overall, I would call this a solid triple based on stats and looks. What could make it a home run is how it performs in the real world. If anything is more clear now, is that Lincoln has taken the correct and pragmatic approach. They have had a few missteps since really getting serious about Lincoln. Starting with baby steps as an after thought in the luxury arena to now being able to hang with the big dogs (for the most part). The work will continue to get harder though and the target is always moving so time will tell.

IMG 6659

IMG 6655

IMG 6653

IMG 6654

I just got back from the show, the new Navigator looks great! They had 3 on display, one Black Label which was put on center stage after the reveal and 2 other non-BL's..one red, one blue. Interestingly, the blue one had a blue interior too, so looks like non BL's are now getting a similar color option!

Quick thoughts...it looks great in person, many seem to agree, big crowds at the reveal and afterwards. While it does use the basic Expedition body/doors, it actually does have different rear quarter stamp out for the taillamp corner...something that the Escalade can't say! The interior, esp the Black Label, is really stunning and very high end, similar to the Continental in quality and feel and ambiance.
Also they mentioned how the Continental Black Label has been selling at a 11% rate of the mix.

I'll be back tomorrow!

Edited by spudz64
  • Like 2

I've already heard people complaining that it doesn't have the gullwing doors

Idiots :glare:

Yeah, it really beggers description but pearls before swine springs to mind...

The more I see of the Black label themes, the more I'm convinced that Navigator

is now truly aimed at the luxury buyers and worthy of commensurate premium pricing.

Those that want more affordable luxury package need look no further than new Expedition,

there's enough differentiation to satisfy both groups especially if an affordable V8 is on their list

That's exactly what they said on the F150 but I'm pretty sure the ecoboost V6s outsell the other engines handily.

The current Expy and Navi only come with the 3.5LEB today (I think).

OTOH the F-Series was and still the best seller plus the 5.0 is still available. Big luxury SUV buyers may have different taste, one things for certain as in the Continental's case this Navi will sell much better then the current version.

The tablet in the dash will take some getting used to though. The could of just gone for bigger screen, ala Tesla, but chose to go the MB route.

Another plus of using the Tablet style on the dash is that is far easier to make it larger if they need to. Plus it would look completely stupid with a 8-10 inch screen in the top part of the dash that resultant hump that comes with it.

Tesla basically puts a 17in flat panel that replaces everything on the dash...for better or worse. Lets not forget about all harping about the lack of buttons on Sync 2 from the critics (IMO I have no issue with it)

Back to reality for me. Navi is very nice but too much in several ways for me. The Expedition is fantastic and I think very well styled except for the oversized rear lamps. The rest is perfect including the interior. If I can muster the $$, it will replace my Yukon. XL.Curious to see how the trim levels work out below the Platinum. I think something "Lariat level" would work well.

I have always hated the Navigator, but this one actually looks good. I don't think I'd ever want one, but I think this is much better than the competetiors' large SUV models. It seems like everyone seems to feel the need to put as many ugly featurs into a truck to make a luxury model. Lincoln seems to be taking a different route and placing traditional luxury car styling choices inside and out.

In the past, Lincoln was the most guilty of making a large SUV ugly, now it's Infiniti.