2018 Lincoln Navigator Debuts

Oh the butt hurt that will surly ensue from reluance alone on the dino guzzlers...it will be fun to watch...but ford is better positioned than most...at least they are givin us some refreshed grocery getters....honestly i dont see whats so speshul about as they say the new navi....oh thats right you got some inter conectivity gizmos...big deal...i dont particularly not like it..hell id luv to drive it...just not sure what ford is thinkin here...but for now with cheap dino the dam thing will sell..not to bad really

You mean like when they complain about the Explorer 2.0EB having "only" 240 hp/270 lbft when the 93 Explorer 4.0 only had 160/220.

and then replaced the 2.0 EB with the 2.3 EB, the basic level of performance expected is crazy.

That increased performance level is also delivered with outstanding fuel economy when

compared to older vehicles with similar or less performance...quite staggering.

The Powertrain guys claim that they were "blind sided". The "new" Explorer came in over its projected weight. The 2.0L EcoBoost engine in the Explorer was a year late (it drove like crap) and probably never should have seen the "light of production". Edited by theoldwizard

Anything new/different with the rear suspension ? I assume it is still IRS, but the frame is supposed to be very close to the F150 which has leaf springs and a solid axle.

Why would it be any different than the previous gen? They were also IRS added to a F150 frame.

• Like 1

To me, the rear of the vehicle doesn't look much better than that on the current Navigator. That horizontal light bar doesn't look so great when it's slapped across a big, flat tailgate. Here's hoping the Aviator gets a bit more dimension out back a la MKC. Confused as to why the perfect position seats aren't offered in the second row and WHY is the 10 year old Flex the ONLY Ford model to get a sunroof over the third row???

fyi
re: 2018 LINCOLN NAVIGATOR! (posted yesterday at FiN)
For those of you in Southern California, I received a text today from a Lincoln salesperson saying that the new Navigator is on display at the Lincoln Experience Center in Newport Beach. I can't verify this yet, but if I make it out there...

verified:

April 13-20; 10am-9pm

Edited by 2b2
  • Like 1

2018 Lincoln Navigator won the Cars.com Best of Show award for New York International Auto Show 2017. https://www.cars.com/articles/2017-new-york-auto-show-best-in-show-1420695056954/

Navigator also made Autoblog's Editor's Choice for the show. http://www.autoblog.com/photos/best-of-the-2017-new-york-auto-show/list/

This may be the first Lincoln car or truck in the 21st century to have broad appeal to more than just retirees and people who work for limo companies.

Why the shady remarks? Give credit where it's due, Lincoln did a great job. We heard all the way back in 2013 this was going for Range Rover territory and I, like many, just said "yea ok" but now that it's been revealed there's no question it's in the same level of a RR aesthetically. Ford fans need to now get behind Lincoln and stop acting like they are cluess when it comes to the luxury class.

Well, the MKX will get an MCE for the 2019 or 2020 model year, and the MKC replacement is expected at the same time. Plus the Aviator in 2020 or 2021. Plus the MKZ replacement. I also wouldn't be surprised to see a Lincoln come off of the EV/Hybrid platform Ford is developing. Possibly a compact/premium sedan and CUV?

There's really only MKX and MKC to go as everyone including Ford has given up on the MKT.

Pity though as a Continental grille on the MKT may give it the shot in the arm it needs..

Also keep in mind that Lincoln's increased sales are happening in spite of the mix of styling languages

so there's moe to Lincoln's rise than just the new better looking products.....

Edited by jpd80

how does a v6 tt with 450 hp 500lb prevent a potential no vehicle if it would give you the same if not better performance than a v8 with the same numbers...? im asking out of curiosity, many people say this. does the v8 feel different than with the same amount of power, is the sound that important, etc.?