2018 EcoSport Production Information

ice-capades

akirby; My old contrarian from GA. Nice to see we still disagree on DRL`s, Global Automatic Window Openings, and Push Button Ignition versus a regular key with a remote FOB. I happen to bring Limo`s and Coaches to Car Washes (everyday). Despite what the Owner`s manual says, what the Car wash Employee`s say, or what the Vehicle`s Driver might think, I see Cars LOCKED OUT at the end of the Wash Track that must be pushed off to the side in Neutral an await a Locksmith to get the door open while the engine remains running. Impossible? Can`t happen if FOB is left in Cup-Holder an Engine is left running? Not so. Sorry, I prefer a Keyed Ignition, with a keyed Door Lock coupled with a Remote Key FOB, period!

Have the Push Button Keyless Ignition in my 2015 Mustang Convertible and would much rather have a (conventional) keyed ignition and door lock. Opening up the Keyless Remote FOB to utilize the backup key inside due to a malfunction? How many times has your conventional "Key" malfunctioned in your ignition switch or door handle unless frozen with ice or snow?

Edited by phil1336

akirby; True, but that is if you desire to purchase an add-on accessory after purchase. I personally see (nothing) attractive about having a stick-on Bar with multiple (telephone) key push button numbers attached to the bottom of the door handle, just saying.....

Edited by phil1336

akirby; True, but that is if you desire to purchase an add-on accessory after purchase. I personally see (nothing) attractive about having a stick-on Bar with multiple (telephone) key push button numbers attached to the bottom of the door handle, just saying.....

I've never seen a trim level, except maybe on the Focus and Fiesta, that had push button start and didn't include the factory built-in keypad.

Looks like you can get an Ecosport SE with push button start but no keypad if you don't get the tech package. But that combination is going to be rare/non-existent.

But it's a silly argument. With the keyless fob it is still more difficult to lock the key in the vehicle accidentally than it is with an actual key. At least on Fords - other makes/models may not work the same and they certainly won't have a door keypad.

With a keyless fob you don't even have to leave it in the vehicle as long as you leave it running. You don't have that option with a key.

I'm going to have to disagree here, the keypad as one of my favorite things about Ford vehicles. Anyone that I know that has gone away from Ford have always said they missed the keypad.

Why lay it anywhere when it could have gone in the steering column.

You're doing it once either way (assuming you're leaving it in the vehicle all the time as stated) so it really doesn't matter. But I don't understand why you think having to put a key in a specific slot is easier than being able to put it anywhere in the vehicle or on your body. When I play tennis I leave it in my tennis bag. I can unlock, start the car, drive, stop and lock it without ever touching the fob. It doesn't get any more convenient than that.

You're doing it once either way (assuming you're leaving it in the vehicle all the time as stated) so it really doesn't matter. But I don't understand why you think having to put a key in a specific slot is easier than being able to put it anywhere in the vehicle or on your body. When I play tennis I leave it in my tennis bag. I can unlock, start the car, drive, stop and lock it without ever touching the fob. It doesn't get any more convenient than that.

Until you accidentally have a Car Wash Attendant or yourself place the Push Button Start Key FOB Remote in the wrong spot and get locked out of your Vehicle!

Guess if you Order the 2018 Ford EcoSport in its Base S Trim, it solves my issue. No Power Moonroof, No Fog Lights, and no Push Button Ignition. I`m happy with the conventional Keyed Ignition with the Flip-Key Remote Control FOB. True, I won`t be able to select the Cold Weather Equipment Package but in South FL doubt that I would need that. Both the S and SE both come with the same 16` Alloy Wheels an Tires but on the SE you can upgrade to the 17`. Still irks me that Ford insists on stimatizing S Trim buyers by giving them Black Painted exterior door handles. Big cost saving to spray them with the same exterior paint?

Just curious, has anyone actually seen what "Diamond White" actually looks like on a Color Chip sample or on a Vehicle. It appears only the 2018 Ford Eco-Sport get this particular color White? It is indicated as being a Metallic on the Order Guide. Hopefully, it will be a bit more luxurious an appealing then Ford`s 3 decade old Oxford White, on Utility Trucks across the world.

Edited by phil1336
  • Like 1

Just curious when Dealers will be able to place a Retail Order on a 2018 EcoSport? Three Dealerships I have inquired about ordering this vehicle an all 3 are not even aware of the EcoSport Order Guide that was released on June 12? Maybe sometime in Mid-July?