2018 EcoSport Production Information

ice-capades

Can we please be done with Race Red? It looks like ass on pretty much everything it's ever been offered on.

While you are talking paint, they need to bring back Tuxedo Black for the F150. The new Shadow Black on my new truck isn't nearly as nice as the Tuxedo on my old one.

While you are talking paint, they need to bring back Tuxedo Black for the F150. The new Shadow Black on my new truck isn't nearly as nice as the Tuxedo on my old one.

Agreed! I loved the tuxedo black with the metal flake. I may have opted for that color on my F350 had it been available, but definitely not the non-metallic shadow.

Can anybody confirm if there will be one or two White Paint choices for the 2018 Ford EcoSport? The Premium White is listed but what about the standard regular Diamond White Color Code ZA? Odd that a non premium White Paint won`t be available? Oxford White please take your deserved retirement!

Can anybody confirm if there will be one or two White Paint choices for the 2018 Ford EcoSport? The Premium White is listed but what about the standard regular Diamond White Color Code ZA? Odd that a non premium White Paint won`t be available? Oxford White please take your deserved retirement!

It's in the order guide and it doesn't make sense that they wouldn't offer it. The paint samples also don't show Moondust Silver and you know they're not going to offer a vehicle without a flat white and silver option. The paint samples must be wrong. I'd go by the order guide.

• Like 1

I go back and forth - one day it looks good and the next it has too much orange. I like Ruby Red - I have it on my Fusion. But I think something in between Race Red and Ruby Red would be perfect.

The new for 2018 Hot Pepper Red they're giving the Focus and C-Max is exactly that.

I special ordered my 2015 Focus SE with the SE EcoBoost® Package in Race Red. It was a beautiful combination of utility, comfort, economy, and fun to drive. Only available for the second half of the 2015 model year. It's now the daughter-in-law's daily driver.

I am leaning very strongly towards ordering a 2018 EcoSport SE FWD P1T with the Convenience pkg 47B, Cold Weather Pkg 475, 17" Wheels 646, Race Red PQ with the Ebony Black interior PB.

Edward

Plan on purchasing a 2018 EcoSport in "S" Model Trim, Diamond White with Stone Interior an FWD. With the ordering process an 3 to 4 month delivery time from Ordering an Build Date adding 60 days at Sea an adding unknown time once it reaches the US, I`ll just get one from Dealer Stock or attempt to have Dealer (Swap) for the Vehicle of my choice while the Ship is in transit with another Dealership. Way too complicated special ordering process considering the Vehicle is being built an shipped from the other side of the Globe!

The "S" base model has only 3 factory choices to be made. First is FWD or 4WD, second is a real tailgate spare, and third is the exterior color. All other options are dealer install which can be ordered and installed after delivery. Assuming that you don't want the spare the dealers will definitely stock Diamond White FWD S's. So you wouldn't want or need to special order.

Dealers in California never stock the cold weather package so I will need to special order.

Over the years I have purchased 4 special orders. The rest of the times I took what was available and once with a dealer trade.

Edited by Edwardwd

Saw one C-Max back in 2013 on a local Ford Dealers lot here in South Florida an was flabbergasted to see it was ordered with the Cold Weather Package! Heated Seats, Heated Exterior Mirrors, etc. On further analysis of the MSRP Sticker it was explained. It was a Dealer Swap from a upstate New York Ford Dealer to Delray Beach, FL. Almost 2000 mile Swap? Must have been a Retiree with plenty of time on his hands that made the drive South and then again back North.

• 1 month later...

2018 EcoSport Hot Sheet-Great Lakes

Important Ordering and Shipping Information
Production of EcoSport occurs in Chennai, India with product shipments that go around the world.
Because of the shipping involved, expect approximately 6 months from order to delivery. Because it’s
sometimes necessary to adjust dealer inventory, United States dealers can order their inventory and
then execute dealer trades using the Trade-on-boat process at the FordDirect.com ordering platform.
Be sure to look for more detailed information at FordDirect.com and FMCdealer.com. Keep in mind
shipping times to the US East Coast are approximately 60 days on the water, and on the West Coast
the number is approximately 30 days.

Anyone notice Ford`s projected Fuel Economy Estimates on the 3 Cyl 1.0 Liter Engine? 19 MPG City and 29 MPG Highway? Seriously? Either Ford is under estimating actual Fuel Economy numbers because of their past C -Max inflated numbers experience or this mini CUV is going to be a Dog with Fuel Economy. I`m ready to dump my 2017 Honda HR-V for a 2018 Ford EcoSport but not if those fuel economy numbers are that bad.

I'm not defending Ford here but the actual cost difference between a 25 mpg and a 30 mpg vehicle at 15K miles per year is less than $300.

My point was that my previous 2011 Ford Fiesta hatchback with a 1.6 ltr. Engine an its notorious Automatic Transmission delivered 32-34 mpg City and 41-43 mpg Highway from day one! Why would a CUV with a 3 cyl. 1.0 ltr engine get such amazingly poor fuel economy? Why not upgrade to an Escape or C-Max Hybrid (which I happen to own) for hardly much more money?

My point was that my previous 2011 Ford Fiesta hatchback with a 1.6 ltr. Engine an its notorious Automatic Transmission delivered 32-34 mpg City and 41-43 mpg Highway from day one! Why would a CUV with a 3 cyl. 1.0 ltr engine get such amazingly poor fuel economy? Why not upgrade to an Escape or C-Max Hybrid (which I happen to own) for hardly much more money?

Where has Ford stated 19/29? The UK ecosport with 1.0T gets 53 mpg which should translate to at least 35-40 mpg US.

• 4 weeks later...

Where has Ford stated 19/29? The UK ecosport with 1.0T gets 53 mpg which should translate to at least 35-40 mpg US.

Sorry, I stand corrected. Where I got those MPG numbers I don`t recall. Based on the same 1.0 Ltr 3 Cyl Engine in the Ford Fiesta it was rated as 31 MPG City an 43 MPG Highway. Based on my personal experience driving a Fiesta with the 1.6 4 Cyl Engine with Auto Transmission, I always got 32-35 City and 41-44 Highway from day one until it was traded in 3 years later. Assuming the EcoSport puts on several hundred pounds extra weight, it seems reasonable that it should get approximately similar economy numbers as the Fiesta with the proper Axle Ratio. Ford learned its lesson with the C-Max which I also happen to still own an love. Its exagerated EPA Mileage Numbers caused Ford $1500 Good Will Rebates an Consumer Reports still holds a grudge. Ford will if anything (under) estimate EPA numbers to avoid the same fiasco.

They can’t “underestimate” the sticker values because they’re based on strict epa mileage test rules that are designed to be repeatable by any driver. You might get 1/2 mpg difference. And if the EPA audits your test results they have to be within that range or less.

Ford’s issues were they used a legal loophole to use the Fusion numbers for the C-Max where the actual C-max numbers were worse. The other issue was an incorrect value in one of the variables.

They can’t simply “underestimate”.

If you’re saying they’ll be extra careful not to overestimate I would agree with you.

• 3 weeks later...