2018 Expedition Order Guide

ice-capades

375hp/470tq on XL, XLT, and Limited. 400hp/480Tq on Platinum. Lots of nice details in order guide. Interesting FX4 package. Trailer tow package is nice too. Can't wait to configure!

Interesting they have different power levels for Platinum, but I like it. The torque on the plat is 250 RPM lower as well.

Interesting they have different power levels for Platinum, but I like it. The torque on the plat is 250 RPM lower as well.

This is what I've been wanting between Ford and Lincoln products that use the same engines for differentiation purposes.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

There's several articles out there outlining the model level pricing on the new Expy and EL. They went up $4570-$8650. For some reason I cannot post links on this site. I got this on Motor Authority.

I have to say unless they are discounted $10k I'm out on a new one and will have to wait till they hit the CPO or used lots. These are $52-80k. I'm guessing the Limited model I'd want would be $70k. Even an XLT EL the way uyou want it is probably $60k.

There's several articles out there outlining the model level pricing on the new Expy and EL. They went up $4570-$8650. For some reason I cannot post links on this site. I got this on Motor Authority.

I have to say unless they are discounted $10k I'm out on a new one and will have to wait till they hit the CPO or used lots. These are $52-80k. I'm guessing the Limited model I'd want would be $70k. Even an XLT EL the way uyou want it is probably $60k.

Unfortunately this is the nature of the full-size SUV market. Price a similarly optioned Tahoe or Suburban etc. and you'll see that they're just as expensive. People are paying it and that's why they're getting it.

• Like 1

Most def, you can argue that all full sized suvs are old. The sequoia remains untouched since 07, the armada was redone to the patrol that came out in 10, and though the gms were redesigned in 15, its based on a foundation Thats been largely the same since 07. Fss have always been overpriced since their seeming demise in 08, but companies hid the price in comfort(relative), quietness, and luxuries and we as consumers ate it up and brought em back to life. However, id be lying if my fss wasnt the best vehicle i "owned", and i will be replacing it with a new 18 expy worth 60k lol and be happy doin it as well

Thats true, thats where all there development money goes and and its paid off in the most glorious of ways. If they didnt ride and have such bad space utilization, id reconsider lol. Thats why the foreign dont sell as well thought in all respects they are better vehicles.

The GMs may be using an older platform but the sheetmetal was all new and pretty striking, and that's what most consumers care about.

That's why I'm surprised about the constant talk about new chassis, considering most people have no clue about the chassis dynamics. But if the sheet metal doesn't noticeably change good luck selling in today's short attention span society.

So i saw in the f150 forum that theres an appearance guide available to view so you can get a good idea about the differences btw the trim and available pkgs, is there something like that available for the expy?

if there was we would have had it posted here somewhere by now I would think. I don't think there will be near the amount of appearance packages for the Expedition as there are for the F-150. There never has been.
  • Like 1