• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Bob Rosadini

Can't sync.

Help guys. My 2010 SHO all of a sudden won't sync. I'm clueless so one of my kids was over and he pulled the synch fuse twice but no luck. It recognizes that the Iphone is in the car but hit sync and nothing happens-silence! He thinks perhaps the button is shot? It will scroll through AM, FM, sirius stations, when it hits "sync" nothing-other than it recognizes my phone is present-gives my name etc. I took the land line out to the car and called my cell and it worked properly in terms of answering the call hands free.

Any suggestions?

If the functions work but no voice, you may have hit the mute button. Happened to me when I had my Expedition.

Check the output speaker on the phone - make sure it's set to sync. Also try forcing a phone power off/reset.

It won't sync or it syncs but there is no volume?

Hit "sync" side of button and nothing-volume works when I call cell from landline also when I call landline from cell

If the functions work but no voice, you may have hit the mute button. Happened to me when I had my Expedition.

As noted-plenty of volume-other then unbelieveable echo when you are sitting in car with landline!

Check the output speaker on the phone - make sure it's set to sync. Also try forcing a phone power off/reset.

As in turn cell off and restart? If that is what you meant did that- Also called landline (without landline in car and worked well in terms of voluime.

Thx guys for your responses

Have you tried re-pairing your phone? Sometimes the connection needs to be reset.

Edited by ajcomputer

Have you tried re-pairing your phone? Sometimes the connection needs to be reset.

AJ-No but if all other phone functions work as noted above would that not say phone is not the issue-ie, call phone from landline, hit phone icon on dash and answers hands free etc-likewise call outs out workm if done manually with phone

The bluetooth software within the phone may be messed up or it could even be a hardware problem with the bluetooth radio.

You should really try a different phone - if it works then you know it's your phone. You might need to reload the phone operating system or it might be a hardware problem.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding the issue, are you saying that when you hit the voice button on the steering wheel nothing happens? But all other funtions work? (like the media button, answer/hang up buttons, etc)

I'm not sure if I'm understanding the issue, are you saying that when you hit the voice button on the steering wheel nothing happens? But all other funtions work? (like the media button, answer/hang up buttons, etc)

Correct-move the steering wheel button left and nothing-no query as to what you want. Move rocker switch to right, and it will scroll

Then it may not be a SYNC issue, but an issue with the steering wheel controls.

That is what I think. By the way- get in my wife's Explorer and it recognizes my phone.