Ford Vehicle Ordering & Scheduling Process

1 hour ago, DocPewPro said:

I’m sure production has slowed down with the reduced shifts. Just haven’t seen any updates on my build since receiving my window sticker 

Window Stickers are usually available about a week before the scheduled production date. If you have a VIN number, post it in the Window Sticker Requests section and I'll check to see if it's available. 

7 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Window Stickers are usually available about a week before the scheduled production date. If you have a VIN number, post it in the Window Sticker Requests section and I'll check to see if it's available. 

Thanks ice. I have the window sticker. It first became available 6/10 but don’t have a way to track the vehicles status up to this point. 

18 minutes ago, DocPewPro said:

Thanks ice. I have the window sticker. It first became available 6/10 but don’t have a way to track the vehicles status up to this point. 

Your dealership has 24/7 access to the latest tracking information via the Ford Vehicle Visibility function. Otherwise, vehicle tracking is available here in the "Vehicle Locator by Ford Employees" forum. Be sure to read the rules carefully prior to making your request. 

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered a 2020 F250 XL Crew Cab the first of May from my fleet dealer. My order sheet says H1 priority code. Am I understanding it right that the code means production will be first week of August? 

Edited by JT84
Correct the sentence.

10 hours ago, JT84 said:

I ordered a 2020 F250 XL Crew Cab the first of May from my fleet dealer. My order sheet says H1 priority code. Am I understanding it right that the code means production will be first week of August? 

Yes. H1 = Production requested for the first week of August.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looking for some advice. I ordered a 2020 Shelby GT 350 on 18 June (the dealership had the allocation) but still no vin for my order. I'm slowly starting to pull my hair out. This is the second time I have ordered from this dealership and the first time I have had this hard of a time with the vin. Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, project13 said:

Looking for some advice. I ordered a 2020 Shelby GT 350 on 18 June (the dealership had the allocation) but still no vin for my order. I'm slowly starting to pull my hair out. This is the second time I have ordered from this dealership and the first time I have had this hard of a time with the vin. Any suggestions?

Specialty vehicles (Shelby GT350/GT500, F-150 Raptor) are not part of the regular allocation and scheduling process. Ford makes allocation available for scheduling to the regional offices that then decide what dealers will get allocation for scheduling. Dealers are notified in advance to make sure that they have orders in place meeting available commodity constraints but the lead time for scheduling these units is usually long. I just got a GT500 scheduled for October production that had been in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) since before the COVID-19 shutdown.  

I ordered an Aviator in May. The car was built August 12th 2020 in Chicago. Now I have an etadate of 2020-09-17. That's 16 weeks !!! on the lincoln site the estimated delivery is still 6 to 8 weeks. It's obviously a false advertising. Do you think my dealer has something to do with this and gave my order a very low priority ?

55 minutes ago, Froggie said:

I ordered an Aviator in May. The car was built August 12th 2020 in Chicago. Now I have an etadate of 2020-09-17. That's 16 weeks !!! on the lincoln site the estimated delivery is still 6 to 8 weeks. It's obviously a false advertising. Do you think my dealer has something to do with this and gave my order a very low priority ?

Might be your dealer.  I ordered my Aviator June 5.  Was built early in July and I took delivery July 31.  Exactly 8 weeks, although it arrived at the dealer a few days before I picked it up.

2 hours ago, Froggie said:

Maybe the transit time (33)  has to do something with the state.

Froggie, transitdate: "33" is the approximate transit time in days from the shipment date to the final delivery date to your dealer.  It's just an approximation, so it could arrive sooner or later depending on rail delays along the way.  The tracker doesn't always show some of the updates... like it may miss showing the shipment date but still show that its in transit.   Hopefully Fuzzymoomoo will be able to locate it for you!

Edited by CoolScoop

7 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

So it was built on August 12 and released for shipping on August 14th. It was picked up by the shipping company on the 16th and finally shipped out on the 21st. As of Yesterday it was on a train in a yard in Gibson Indiana. ETA is September 11-17.

whaoo ! Impressive, so many details. That's something. Thank you so much.

13 hours ago, CoolScoop said:

Froggie, transitdate: "33" is the approximate transit time in days from the shipment date to the final delivery date to your dealer.  It's just an approximation, so it could arrive sooner or later depending on rail delays along the way.  The tracker doesn't always show some of the updates... like it may miss showing the shipment date but still show that its in transit.   Hopefully Fuzzymoomoo will be able to locate it for you!

Thank you. yep Fuzzymoomoo did good 

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

FYI, everything I told you your dealer is able to give you. I used the same system they do. Why they couldn't/wouldn't is between you and them. 

My dealer is not answering my Emails and texts. At the beginning I was suspecting that everything was a scam and they had stolen my deposit. Then they gave me the VIN. I don't know how it works but maybe they win more money if they give orders a low priority. Somebody told me on this blog that he ordered an Aviator in June and he has it already : just 8 weeks as they say on the Lincoln site. for me it will be 16 weeks. Anyway Fuzzymoomoo thank you again for your concern.

22 minutes ago, Froggie said:

My dealer is not answering my Emails and texts. At the beginning I was suspecting that everything was a scam and they had stolen my deposit. Then they gave me the VIN. I don't know how it works but maybe they win more money if they give orders a low priority. Somebody told me on this blog that he ordered an Aviator in June and he has it already : just 8 weeks as they say on the Lincoln site. for me it will be 16 weeks. Anyway Fuzzymoomoo thank you again for your concern.

Is it a smaller dealer? They typically struggle to get higher priority production over higher volume dealers. Money gas nothing to do with it. 

As far as the delivery estimate it's just that, an estimate. Usually they give a range, or at least if they’re smart they do. There's myriad of things that could delay your order from parts/commodity restrictions to shipping delays. Once a vehicle leaves the plant and is in the hands of whatever entity is in charge of shipping it there's not a whole lot Ford can do about it from there. 

It sounds like the dealer you went to is at best poorly run. 

1 hour ago, Froggie said:

My dealer is not answering my Emails and texts. At the beginning I was suspecting that everything was a scam and they had stolen my deposit.

Are you talking to the salesperson or the sales manager?  I would go talk to the sales manager and explain that you expect regular communication on the status and that you're not getting any response to emails or texts.   If you're not getting responses from the sales mgr talk to the GM/Owner/Principle.  That's ridiculous.  And if you have a choice buy elsewhere next time.