Ford Vehicle Ordering & Scheduling Process

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

They gave him priority 19. That's part of the delay.

Penske Lincoln? Is that by chance part of the Roger Penske umbrella? I would definitely pursue that further, the captain usually doesn't put up with any BS.

That’s only a problem if they had other customer ordered Aviators from the same dealer with a lower priority or earlier order date.

6 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I'll have to go in and check again, I don't remember. 

Thank you guys for your interest. I want to tell you something : I'm French and I'm living here because I love America. I don't want to be the bad guy harassing people.

My dealer is a big one in south California (very South) and I must admit that I chose him because he gave me a 5000$ discount plus the 1000$ lincoln incentive. I'm sure it's a very good deal. The problem is that he is not answering my questions, the salesman I mean maybe I have to talk to the manager. I order also accessory (dashcam) and since the beginning I'm asking who's doing the installation : never an answer. I'm sure there is a problem coming because I don't want the box (btw it's cheaper if you buy on Amazon), I want the cameras installed with all the cables and a very fine job. the inside of the Aviator is luxury and I don't want a crappy job. 

And yes I would be very interested knowing what priority they gave to my order. Thank you all. 

On 8/23/2020 at 7:52 PM, Froggie said:

I ordered an Aviator in May. The car was built August 12th 2020 in Chicago. Now I have an etadate of 2020-09-17. That's 16 weeks !!! on the lincoln site the estimated delivery is still 6 to 8 weeks. It's obviously a false advertising. Do you think my dealer has something to do with this and gave my order a very low priority ?

Froggie, you're getting a Grand Touring and they have been taking quite a bit longer from ordering to delivery than the standard Aviator models.  Other than poor communication from your salesperson, it looks like everything else is legit so far... you have a retail customer order and a beautiful Aviator GT is currently in transit to your dealer!  It also looks like you did your research and ordered it in a way to get all of the options and still get the 2nd row bench seat.  The GTs couldn't be configured that way when I ordered mine last year, so I chose the deluxe 2nd row consol instead.

Edited by CoolScoop

6 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

They gave him priority 19. That's part of the delay.

Penske Lincoln? Is that by chance part of the Roger Penske umbrella? I would definitely pursue that further, the captain usually doesn't put up with any BS.

Yep that Penske Lincoln. But sorry Fuzzymoomoo I don’t really understand. I know that Roger Penske is a famous name and his nickname is “the captain” but what that has to do with my dealer ? Does that mean it’s a trustworthy dealer ? Do I have to worry. I only want my car as soon as possible with no problem.

22 minutes ago, CoolScoop said:

Froggie, your getting a Grand Touring and they have been taking quite a bit longer from ordering to delivery than the standard Aviator models.  Other than poor communication from your salesperson, it looks like everything else is legit so far... you have a retail customer order and a beautiful Aviator GT is currently in transit to your dealer!  It also looks like you did your research and ordered it in a way to get all of the options and still get the 2nd row bench seat.  The GTs couldn't be configured that way when I ordered mine last year, so I chose the deluxe 2nd row consol instead.

Thank you CoolScoop for your support. I’m very excited and I love the Aviator. I only want to avoid any problem and I know it’s coming.

5 hours ago, Froggie said:

Yep that Penske Lincoln. But sorry Fuzzymoomoo I don’t really understand. I know that Roger Penske is a famous name and his nickname is “the captain” but what that has to do with my dealer ? Does that mean it’s a trustworthy dealer ? Do I have to worry. I only want my car as soon as possible with no problem.

Roger Penske as far as I'm concerned is one of the most trustworthy businessmen in America. What I meant was if one of his businesses isn't operating to his standards I'm sure he would like to know about it so he can fix it. 

As far as your car is concerned it's in the hands of the railroad now. There shouldn't be any delays unless there's a mechanical breakdown of the train itself. Freight traffic is down  across the country right now because of COVID so I would expect no delays. 

5 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Roger Penske as far as I'm concerned is one of the most trustworthy businessmen in America. What I meant was if one of his businesses isn't operating to his standards I'm sure he would like to know about it so he can fix it. 

As far as your car is concerned it's in the hands of the railroad now. There shouldn't be any delays unless there's a mechanical breakdown of the train itself. Freight traffic is down  across the country right now because of COVID so I would expect no delays. 

Thank you for giving me your opinion and all this information. It’s a big help and I really appreciate. Please stay safe and I will keep you posted when I receive the car.

On 8/25/2020 at 7:24 AM, Froggie said:

Thank you for giving me your opinion and all this information. It’s a big help and I really appreciate. Please stay safe and I will keep you posted when I receive the car.

Finally the dealer called me today (it’s a new boss). It was time because the relationship was becoming sour. I think the guy is trustworthy and we can do good business together.

He told me and it’s weird that they gave me a high priority of 01 and they are not aware of the scale 10-19.

He answered me about the installation of the dashcam so everything looks good now.

My car is  in Kansas as for today.

20 hours ago, Froggie said:

Finally the dealer called me today (it’s a new boss). It was time because the relationship was becoming sour. I think the guy is trustworthy and we can do good business together.

He told me and it’s weird that they gave me a high priority of 01 and they are not aware of the scale 10-19.

He answered me about the installation of the dashcam so everything looks good now.

There is no such thing as a dealer set priority of 01.   Only Ford can set that and it's only done for unusual circumstances.  The dealer priorities are 10-19 for special orders and 20-99 for dealer stock.  The fact he doesn't know that is troubling, but hopefully it won't matter now.

Edited by akirby

3 minutes ago, akirby said:

There is no such thing as a priority of 01.   Well there might be but only Ford can set that.  The dealer priorities are 10-19 for special orders and 20-99 for dealer stock.  The fact he doesn't know that is troubling, but hopefully it won't matter now.

Regional managers can set a priority of 01 if they deem the situation appropriate or it's for a special purpose. I've heard of it happening if a car is sitting on the holding lot for a long time and nobody knows why. 

1 hour ago, akirby said:

There is no such thing as a priority of 01.   Well there might be but only Ford can set that.  The dealer priorities are 10-19 for special orders and 20-99 for dealer stock.  The fact he doesn't know that is troubling, but hopefully it won't matter now.

You are right Akirby, hopefully it doesn’t matter now, but I’m sure I  was unlucky with my order. The plant received the order on the 3rd of June and the production started on the 12th of August. Furthermore the dealer told me that the Chicago plant was shutdown that is false : they were down for two days in May due to a Covid case and then were working 24/7, no shutdown since. Now I hope that my car will be ok without any issues and I will forget all about this.

I will post pictures as soon as I receive it and thank you everybody for your support 

2 hours ago, Froggie said:

2 hours ago, akirby said:

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Regional managers can set a priority of 01 if they deem the situation appropriate or it's for a special purpose. I've heard of it happening if a car is sitting on the holding lot for a long time and nobody knows why. 

I'm confused, I don't know who to believe,,,,,

HRG

1 hour ago, Froggie said:

You are right Akirby, hopefully it doesn’t matter now, but I’m sure I  was unlucky with my order. The plant received the order on the 3rd of June and the production started on the 12th of August. Furthermore the dealer told me that the Chicago plant was shutdown that is false : they were down for two days in May due to a Covid case and then were working 24/7, no shutdown since. Now I hope that my car will be ok without any issues and I will forget all about this.

I will post pictures as soon as I receive it and thank you everybody for your support 

He's not wrong, Chicago is shutdown right now for the traditional summer vacation, it was just delayed because of the covid shutdown. There's been a lot of misinformation about summer shutdown this year because schedules have been so messed up. 

53 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

I'm confused, I don't know who to believe,,,,,

HRG

Im assuming either his salesman was thinking they tried to put in the order as priority 01 but the system defaulted it to 19 or he read the wrong number back on the page. It's in the system as priority 19, I looked it up Monday morning. 

4 hours ago, Froggie said:

You are right Akirby, hopefully it doesn’t matter now, but I’m sure I  was unlucky with my order. The plant received the order on the 3rd of June and the production started on the 12th of August. 

Froggie, except for the bad communication I don't think you were that unlucky.  I ordered my Grand Touring on July 6th 2019... it was then built on December 5th, released for shipment on December 28th and wasn't delivered to my dealer until March 3rd 2020, even though my estimated transit time was only 11 days... 22 days less than yours!  It was stuck in ramp jail at the plant for nearly two months and my dealer couldn't explain why.  GTs take longer to produce because painted bodies are transported from CAP to a special hybrid assembly line several blocks away for final assembly, then they go back to CAP for QC.

Edited by CoolScoop

41 minutes ago, CoolScoop said:

Froggie, except for the bad communication I don't think you were that unlucky.  I ordered my Grand Touring on July 6th 2019... it was then built on December 5th, released for shipment on December 28th and wasn't delivered to my dealer until March 3rd 2020, even though my estimated transit time was only 11 days... 22 days less than yours!  It was stuck in ramp jail at the plant for nearly two months and my dealer couldn't explain why.  GTs take longer to produce because painted bodies are transported from CAP to a special hybrid assembly line several blocks away for final assembly, then they go back to CAP for QC.

that explains why it was shipped to a body company before it was released For shipping. 

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

that explains why it was shipped to a body company before it was released For shipping. 

You know  guys it’s impressive the information you can learn on this forum and I’m realy happy to be part of it. Thank you all.

On 8/22/2020 at 10:37 AM, ice-capades said:

Specialty vehicles (Shelby GT350/GT500, F-150 Raptor) are not part of the regular allocation and scheduling process. Ford makes allocation available for scheduling to the regional offices that then decide what dealers will get allocation for scheduling. Dealers are notified in advance to make sure that they have orders in place meeting available commodity constraints but the lead time for scheduling these units is usually long. I just got a GT500 scheduled for October production that had been in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) since before the COVID-19 shutdown.  

That GT500 wouldn't happen to be magnetic would it ? I ordered one from my dealer in Central Illinois about 4 weeks ago.

On 8/26/2020 at 7:29 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

Sorry to bother you again but I’m pretty excited and I check the status of my car every day and now I have :

primarystatus is “in transit” , status was 

“passing” then “passing arrival” then nothing. Do you think it’s good news ?

last thing I know my car was in Kansas last week.

Thank you again