Ford Vehicle Ordering & Scheduling Process

I know how you feel,  took 3 dealers for even one to even look at my order.  then dealer took my order and it have been like pulling teeth trying to get info from them.

Thank god for this forum and it's members  as i would still not know anything about the progress of my build.

First off I appreciate all the info here.  I love reading all the posts with so many different situations and the great info provided.  And I always end up here when waiting/obsessing for an ordered truck to come in.  Last one took 30 days from order to delivery.  But I do live near the KCAP.  The current order is definitely going to raise the average wait.

I ordered a F250 on 11/16/20.  I got a VIN on 11/19/20 and was told the same day it is scheduled for production the week of 1/25/21.  My salesman told me today that the production week has moved to 2/8/21.  I have read the first post in this thread numerous times, but I am unclear on something.  Since I got a VIN and production week scheduled does that mean my order was bumped due to Ford commodity issues etc or does my priority code (which is 19) and dealer allocation factor into this?  I thought since my order was picked up and given a VIN I should have my place in line at the dealer level correct? I am starting to get a little nervous as I have a cash offer that expires 3/31/21.  Thanks!

Edited by pig9r

23 minutes ago, pig9r said:

First off I appreciate all the info here.  I love reading all the posts with so many different situations and the great info provided.  And I always end up here when waiting/obsessing for an ordered truck to come in.  Last one took 30 days from order to delivery.  But I do live near the KCAP.  The current order is definitely going to raise the average wait.

I ordered a F250 on 11/16/20.  I got a VIN on 11/19/20 and was told the same day it is scheduled for production the week of 1/25/21.  My salesman told me today that the production week has moved to 2/8/21.  I have read the first post in this thread numerous times, but I am unclear on something.  Since I got a VIN and production week scheduled does that mean my order was bumped due to Ford commodity issues etc or does my priority code (which is 19) and dealer allocation factor into this?  I thought since my order was picked up and given a VIN I should have my place in line at the dealer level correct? I am starting to get a little nervous as I have a cash offer that expires 3/31/21.  Thanks!

First, 19 is the worst priority possible for a special order.  10 is the best although it doesn’t matter as long as your dealer gave all the other special orders the same priority. 

As I understand it, once your vehicle is scheduled that means it’s been allocated.  If it got moved either the factory is running behind or there was a commodity issue.

18 minutes ago, akirby said:

First, 19 is the worst priority possible for a special order.  10 is the best although it doesn’t matter as long as your dealer gave all the other special orders the same priority. 

As I understand it, once your vehicle is scheduled that means it’s been allocated.  If it got moved either the factory is running behind or there was a commodity issue.

I wasn’t too worried about the priority code since I got a VIN and date so close to placing my order - especially after reading posts where folks go months with nothing.  But this delay had me second guessing that.  Thanks for the reply.

Hi. I live in Canada. I ordered 2021 Ford Explorer last December 11, 2020. I have priority code 10. I have my VIN now. I don’t know how to track vehicle ordered outside the US. I think most of you here are all in the US. I just want to know when will be the build date, ETA etc. My dealership kinda useless. Lol! Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, Jhopet said:

Hi. I live in Canada. I ordered 2021 Ford Explorer last December 11, 2020. I have priority code 10. I have my VIN now. I don’t know how to track vehicle ordered outside the US. I think most of you here are all in the US. I just want to know when will be the build date, ETA etc. My dealership kinda useless. Lol! Thanks in advance. 

I’m in Calgary, I use this https://www.alumizilla.com/vot.php

19 minutes ago, Steve74 said:

So my dealer still says my car has not left FRAP. 

Yeah, I don't care what your dealer says. I looked it up in the same system your dealer should be using, using the information you gave me earlier in this thread. Unless either you were given the wrong data from the dealer which made what you gave me wrong or your dealer looked up the wrong info, what I told you is accurate. 

I have a question about a order I placed yesterday. When I got home I noticed the Type is listed as Stock, the Priority Code is 80, and the customer name is blank. Is this an issue? Should I ask to have it changed? The dealership mentioned they don't do many orders for trucks so getting it shouldn't be an issue, but other orders I've seen are Retail with a Priority Code of 10 to 19.

7 minutes ago, mworkman80 said:

I have a question about a order I placed yesterday. When I got home I noticed the Type is listed as Stock, the Priority Code is 80, and the customer name is blank. Is this an issue? Should I ask to have it changed? The dealership mentioned they don't do many orders for trucks so getting it shouldn't be an issue, but other orders I've seen are Retail with a Priority Code of 10 to 19.

You're correct. It should have been submitted as a Retail Order (Type 1) with a Priority Code at 10 if there are no other retail orders for that model vehicle for that dealership. Stock orders at "80" are the last to get scheduled. Great, another Dealer that doesn't know what they're doing! 

Edited by ice-capades

8 minutes ago, mworkman80 said:

Should be priority 10-19 (retail) but sometimes the dealer puts it in as stock first then changes it later.  Definitely go back and ask to see the current priority and make sure they update it.

Note  - whether it’s 10 or 19 doesn’t matter unless an order placed after yours gets a lower priority from that same dealer.

15 minutes ago, akirby said:

Should be priority 10-19 (retail) but sometimes the dealer puts it in as stock first then changes it later.  Definitely go back and ask to see the current priority and make sure they update it.

Note  - whether it’s 10 or 19 doesn’t matter unless an order placed after yours gets a lower priority from that same dealer.

There's no advantage to place a stock order and then change it to a retail order. Plus, changing the order type starts the order history to the date of the order as a retail type. FYI... The WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system generates "19" as the default priority code for retail orders. Many Dealers don't pay attention and end up letting all their unscheduled retail orders sit in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) with Priority Code "19" which tells the WBDO system it doesn't matter which unit gets scheduled. The first retail order should have a "10" priority Code, the 2nd order "11" and so forth so that the orders are prioritized in the order of the dates that they were submitted. The system will look at the first retail order (10)and try to schedule that one first, making exceptions if possible to any commodity restrictions in place. If not, the system will then try to schedule the next order.  

If it's a small Dealer that doesn't know how to submit retail orders, they should contact their Ford Zone Manager for assistance.  

Edited by ice-capades
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

There's no advantage to place a stock order and then change it to a retail order. Plus, changing the order type starts the order history to the date of the order as a retail type. FYI... The WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system generates "19" as the default priority code for retail orders. Many Dealers don't pay attention and end up letting all their unscheduled retail orders sit in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) with Priority Code "19" which tells the WBDO system it doesn't matter which unit gets scheduled. The first retail order should have a "10" priority Code, the 2nd order "11" and so forth so that the orders are prioritized in the order of the dates that they were submitted. The system will look at the first retail order (10)and try to schedule that one first, making exceptions if possible to any commodity restrictions in place. If not, the system will then try to schedule the next order.  

If it's a small Dealer that doesn't know how to submit retail orders, they should contact their Ford Zone Manager for assistance.  

Maybe that was the wrong terminology - I've seen cases where someone had a printout showing a stock priority but maybe they hadn't actually submitted the order yet in the system.  Point was that may not be the actual priority currently in the system so go back and check to be safe.   And it's certainly possible they don't know how to do retail orders correctly.

On the priority, I thought if there were multiple orders at the lowest priority it would schedule by order date.   So as long as everyone got a 10 or 15 or 19 they would schedule by order date.

You can't start at 10 and go up by 1 for each order - when you get to 19 then where do you go?  If you go back to 10 you're now out of order.

9 minutes ago, Jhopet said:

Hi Steve. You are in Calgary, right? How long did it take? 

Correct, I placed my order Sep 3 and my car was built and ready to ship Oct 28. Then it sat waited until Dec 23 before it was eventually allocated to a railcar and then finally arrived in Calgary this week.