Ford Vehicle Ordering & Scheduling Process

I placed my original order on 12/11 and got a DORA confirmation.

I found out 5 weeks later that for some reason that order is no longer in the system.

Placed a 2nd order on 1/15 and that truck got built on 3/2. That order seems fine and should be on the way.

The dealer is playing dumb as the to disappearance of the 1st order. 

They are taking no responsibility for that and offering no compensation for my order being delayed by 5 weeks because of it.

My question is this. Since I had and still have a DORA confirmation , how does a confirmed order disappear from the system ? 

Its killing me and I would like some insight to try and understand.

1 hour ago, Cold Snak said:

I placed my original order on 12/11 and got a DORA confirmation.

I found out 5 weeks later that for some reason that order is no longer in the system.

Placed a 2nd order on 1/15 and that truck got built on 3/2. That order seems fine and should be on the way.

The dealer is playing dumb as the to disappearance of the 1st order. 

They are taking no responsibility for that and offering no compensation for my order being delayed by 5 weeks because of it.

My question is this. Since I had and still have a DORA confirmation , how does a confirmed order disappear from the system ? 

Its killing me and I would like some insight to try and understand.

Without seeing a copy of the DORA confirmation you reference, I’ll bet that what you have is not a DORA at all. A DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Confirmation) is sent to the Dealer’s terminal the following morning and can only be printed out at the dealership level. There is no way for it to be captured digitally other than being scanned by the dealership. The DORA confirmations have been out-of-date for years and go back to when all orders were submitted via the old CONCEPS ordering system.

All Stock, Retail & Plan (A/X/Z/D) orders are submitted to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system which has been in place for years. Dealers can display and print a “Preview” in the WBDO system showing the order details and pricing, but it is not an order confirmation. The WBDO “Orders” page will show all the orders for a vehicle line that are in the USOB but selecting an individual order will not provide a confirmation.

Dealers can make changes to scheduled orders up until the time the order is “Locked In” for production which is approximately 2 weeks before the scheduled production date. Doing so causes the order to be re-sequenced and usually causes the production date to be pushed back at least a week or longer.

Dealers have 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system which provides all information for order status, scheduling and shipping updates through final delivery at the dealership. Vehicle Visibility shows the order status (Clean/Unscheduled, VIN Number, Scheduled to Week, Scheduled to Day, In Production, Etc.) and all related updates until the vehicle is delivered to the dealership.

Unfortunately, not all dealerships are good at managing their order banks, know what tools are available or communicate with their retail customers. And all too often, Ford enthusiasts rely on what they’re told by Sales Representatives that don’t know either. And you would be surprised to know how many Sales Managers don’t know either! It depends on the size of the dealership, the size of the market the dealership is in and a few other factors.

It is extremely, extremely rare for an order to be cancelled unless someone with access to the ordering system selects a particular order and cancels it. It could be someone at the dealership with access to WBDO trying to clean up their USOB and making a mistake but cancelling an order still prompts a confirmation to confirm the order being deleted from the USOB.

Once an order is deleted it will not show as such in the Vehicle Visibility system.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Without seeing a copy of the DORA confirmation you reference, I’ll bet that what you have is not a DORA at all. A DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Confirmation) is sent to the Dealer’s terminal the following morning and can only be printed out at the dealership level. There is no way for it to be captured digitally other than being scanned by the dealership. The DORA confirmations have been out-of-date for years and go back to when all orders were submitted via the old CONCEPS ordering system.

All Stock, Retail & Plan (A/X/Z/D) orders are submitted to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system which has been in place for years. Dealers can display and print a “Preview” in the WBDO system showing the order details and pricing, but it is not an order confirmation. The WBDO “Orders” page will show all the orders for a vehicle line that are in the USOB but selecting an individual order will not provide a confirmation.

Dealers can make changes to scheduled orders up until the time the order is “Locked In” for production which is approximately 2 weeks before the scheduled production date. Doing so causes the order to be re-sequenced and usually causes the production date to be pushed back at least a week or longer.

Dealers have 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system which provides all information for order status, scheduling and shipping updates through final delivery at the dealership. Vehicle Visibility shows the order status (Clean/Unscheduled, VIN Number, Scheduled to Week, Scheduled to Day, In Production, Etc.) and all related updates until the vehicle is delivered to the dealership.

Unfortunately, not all dealerships are good at managing their order banks, know what tools are available or communicate with their retail customers. And all too often, Ford enthusiasts rely on what they’re told by Sales Representatives that don’t know either. And you would be surprised to know how many Sales Managers don’t know either! It depends on the size of the dealership, the size of the market the dealership is in and a few other factors.

It is extremely, extremely rare for an order to be cancelled unless someone with access to the ordering system selects a particular order and cancels it. It could be someone at the dealership with access to WBDO trying to clean up their USOB and making a mistake but cancelling an order still prompts a confirmation to confirm the order being deleted from the USOB.

Once an order is deleted it will not show as such in the Vehicle Visibility system.

Hope this helps.

Can I send it to you in a PM ? I would really like to know why it was cancelled. I have a sneaking suspicion that they cancelled it. 

5 minutes ago, Cold Snak said:

Can I send it to you in a PM ? I would really like to know why it was cancelled. I have a sneaking suspicion that they cancelled it. 

I can only access orders for my own dealership but you're chasing a dead horse. Once an order is cancelled, the history is erased as well. 

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

I can only access orders for my own dealership but you're chasing a dead horse. Once an order is cancelled, the history is erased as well. 

OK thanks. So basically what you are saying is that it could not just disappear ? It had to be deleted and confirmed ? Thanks.

My order status is still “In Production”, with a scheduled day of 3/9 per my dealer.  However, I just noticed my estimated delivery date has moved out a week to 4/1.  Does this imply my build date has moved or something involving the shipping process?   

1 hour ago, AggieDad said:

My order status is still “In Production”, with a scheduled day of 3/9 per my dealer.  However, I just noticed my estimated delivery date has moved out a week to 4/1.  Does this imply my build date has moved or something involving the shipping process?   

Not knowing what vehicle you have ordered a change in dates would indicate a possible change in the production timetable or a delay due to plant downtime. Production at a number of plants has been interrupted due to the microchip shortage and other factors.  

11 minutes ago, murphy62 said:

Trains are slow and don't take a direct route.  My last car came from Mexico via an interchange yard in Chicago to reach Philadelphia PA.   Mexico to Chicago was on Union Pacific.  Chicago to Philadelphia was on CSX.

Published ETA's for expected arrival at dealerships are usually accurate but plant production and shipping is being affected for a number of reasons including the microchip shortage, plant down time, weather, etc.  

17 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Not knowing what vehicle you have ordered a change in dates would indicate a possible change in the production timetable or a delay due to plant downtime. Production at a number of plants has been interrupted due to the microchip shortage and other factors.  

It’s a F350 CC SB.  1FT8W3BT4MED26354

Question about the new, to me anyway, ordering process.

I ordered a Mach-E Premium on January 6.

On February 18 I received an email that said it was scheduled to be built the week of May 24.

On the website I used to place the order it says

Scheduled for Production
Week of

with a green check mark in front of Scheduled.

Is this website typically behind on data updates?  The green check mark appeared at the same time I received the email.

8 minutes ago, AggieDad said:

It’s a F350 CC SB.  1FT8W3BT4MED26354

Your vehicle is equipped with the Tough Bed Spray-In Bedliner which is done off-site, The 5th Wheel Hitch Prep Package may also be done off-site. Either of these items could be a cause for the revised ETA being pushed back. Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system which provides the latest status information. 

1FT8W3BT4MED26354_WS.pdf

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, murphy62 said:

Question about the new, to me anyway, ordering process.

I ordered a Mach-E Premium on January 6.

On February 18 I received an email that said it was scheduled to be built the week of May 24.

On the website I used to place the order it says

Scheduled for Production
Week of

with a green check mark in front of Scheduled.

Is this website typically behind on data updates?  The green check mark appeared at the same time I received the email.

The public site only provides limited status information. Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system which provides the latest information regarding order status, scheduling, production, shipping, etc.   

16 hours ago, ice-capades said:

The public site only provides limited status information. Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system which provides the latest information regarding order status, scheduling, production, shipping, etc.   

I assume the answer to my question is that the public site is not kept up to date on a timely basis.

5 hours ago, murphy62 said:

I assume the answer to my question is that the public site is not kept up to date on a timely basis.

As always, the most accurate and timely information is available from your Dealer. Unfortunately, not all dealers are good at communicating with their customers about the information they require. In addition, there are Dealers that are ignorant of the tools and assets that are available to them.  

33 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

As always, the most accurate and timely information is available from your Dealer. Unfortunately, not all dealers are good at communicating with their customers about the information they require. In addition, there are Dealers that are ignorant of the tools and assets that are available to them.  

Agreed. My sales person is simply not able to provide me with any useful information in a timely fashion. I get it here 2 weeks before the sales person.

The have never given me one bit of information that I did not already have. That is frustrating. I feel like if you spend $70k on a new vehicle that

you are entitled to accurate and complete updates once a week. 

10 minutes ago, Cold Snak said:

Agreed. My sales person is simply not able to provide me with any useful information in a timely fashion. I get it here 2 weeks before the sales person.

The have never given me one bit of information that I did not already have. That is frustrating. I feel like if you spend $70k on a new vehicle that

you are entitled to accurate and complete updates once a week. 

You know the solution to that, right?  Find another dealer, tell them why you left the first dealer and ask if they want your business.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, akirby said:

You know the solution to that, right?  Find another dealer, tell them why you left the first dealer and ask if they want your business.

Agreed. I will not be using this dealer again. The truck should be here in a week or 2 so its sort of after the fact. But yah, never again. 

Hello,

I too am very new to the ordering process (1st time for any vehicle) and am fearful my dealer isn't being upfront or fully honest during this process. We ordered a (no joking/laughing please) Transit Connect Titanium Passenger Wagon in the new Sedona Orange color on January 30, 2021. We initially had two dealerships looking around the country and I guess there isn't much need for an Sedona Orange wagon cause neither could find one :) Before I go any further... it's going to be my wife's business van and the color goes with the business theme surrounding the color choice. We know the wagon is built in Spain and has at a minimum 6-8 month wait period and she was ADAMANT to wait for Sedona Orange :)  I don't get it either but support her in her decision :)  

Nonetheless, we decided to go with our local dealer for the ordering process instead of the much larger dealer 30+ miles away. The local dealer said we HAD to order a 2022 because Ford isn't accepting anymore 2021 orders. My neighbor works for the larger dealer we chose NOT to go thru and he asked their ordering manager about 2021s vs 22s and he could have ordered a 2021. Hence why we believe the local dealer isn't telling us all the right information or are being 100% truthful. Sadly, we put down a $2K non-refundable deposit and are afraid if we challenge them on the details we will be out that money. Money aside, we are comfortable receiving a 2022 regardless of this lie, but now the dealership is saying the order is on hold because two items are no longer in stock?

I've attached the screenshot he sent me on 2/18 showing the order number, its priority code 19, and status for that day. The second screenshot he sent on 3/4 shows the two items that are on hold, 1 Remote Start System and 2 All Weather Floor Mats. Each week I have to email him; he's never just emailed me an update :( I am very persistent, I do NOT mind emailing daily if I need to, and would like some clarification and guidance moving forward. 

Guess what I'm asking is... 

1. Would either remote start or (more laughable) floor mats really hold up and order being processed?

2. If submitted and received by Ford successfully as of 2/18, wouldn't we have been issued a VIN# by now? Ordered 1/30 and no VIN as of 3/11.

Sorry for the long post, I tend to be long winded! Any assistance or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Order B901.pdf

Order Holds.pdf

8 hours ago, f0wlerbills said:

Hello,

I too am very new to the ordering process (1st time for any vehicle) and am fearful my dealer isn't being upfront or fully honest during this process. We ordered a (no joking/laughing please) Transit Connect Titanium Passenger Wagon in the new Sedona Orange color on January 30, 2021. We initially had two dealerships looking around the country and I guess there isn't much need for an Sedona Orange wagon cause neither could find one :) Before I go any further... it's going to be my wife's business van and the color goes with the business theme surrounding the color choice. We know the wagon is built in Spain and has at a minimum 6-8 month wait period and she was ADAMANT to wait for Sedona Orange :)  I don't get it either but support her in her decision :)  

Nonetheless, we decided to go with our local dealer for the ordering process instead of the much larger dealer 30+ miles away. The local dealer said we HAD to order a 2022 because Ford isn't accepting anymore 2021 orders. My neighbor works for the larger dealer we chose NOT to go thru and he asked their ordering manager about 2021s vs 22s and he could have ordered a 2021. Hence why we believe the local dealer isn't telling us all the right information or are being 100% truthful. Sadly, we put down a $2K non-refundable deposit and are afraid if we challenge them on the details we will be out that money. Money aside, we are comfortable receiving a 2022 regardless of this lie, but now the dealership is saying the order is on hold because two items are no longer in stock?

I've attached the screenshot he sent me on 2/18 showing the order number, its priority code 19, and status for that day. The second screenshot he sent on 3/4 shows the two items that are on hold, 1 Remote Start System and 2 All Weather Floor Mats. Each week I have to email him; he's never just emailed me an update :( I am very persistent, I do NOT mind emailing daily if I need to, and would like some clarification and guidance moving forward. 

Guess what I'm asking is... 

1. Would either remote start or (more laughable) floor mats really hold up and order being processed?

2. If submitted and received by Ford successfully as of 2/18, wouldn't we have been issued a VIN# by now? Ordered 1/30 and no VIN as of 3/11.

Sorry for the long post, I tend to be long winded! Any assistance or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Order B901.pdf

Order Holds.pdf

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70296-2022-transit-connect-production-information/

The USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) for the 2021MY Transit Connect had already closed prior to you placing your order. The USOB for the 2022MY Transit Connect opened on 01/25/2021 and scheduling started on 02/11/2021.

Unlike most other vehicles, Transit Connect orders cannot be changed once they're scheduled. However, since your order is unscheduled, you might consider deleting the Floor Mats and Remote Start System options. At the same time, your Dealer should change your order's priority code to 10 and also contact their Ford Zone Manager and/or the Regional Scheduler for assistance in getting the order scheduled. The regional office can also reprioritize the order at "01" which forces the Ford scheduling system to schedule the order ASAP. Dealers normally need allocation for scheduling but the regional office often can make exceptions for scheduling retail orders. There have been scheduling delays for the 2022 Transit Connect and it's still early so it's possible that your could get scheduled in the next few weeks. 

Hope this helps.  

2022 Transit Connect Wagon Order Guide.pdf

• Like 1