Ford Vehicle Ordering & Scheduling Process

5 hours ago, ice-capades said:

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70296-2022-transit-connect-production-information/

The USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) for the 2021MY Transit Connect had already closed prior to you placing your order. The USOB for the 2022MY Transit Connect opened on 01/25/2021 and scheduling started on 02/11/2021.

Unlike most other vehicles, Transit Connect orders cannot be changed once they're scheduled. However, since your order is unscheduled, you might consider deleting the Floor Mats and Remote Start System options. At the same time, your Dealer should change your order's priority code to 10 and also contact their Ford Zone Manager and/or the Regional Scheduler for assistance in getting the order scheduled. The regional office can also reprioritize the order at "01" which forces the Ford scheduling system to schedule the order ASAP. Dealers normally need allocation for scheduling but the regional office often can make exceptions for scheduling retail orders. There have been scheduling delays for the 2022 Transit Connect and it's still early so it's possible that your could get scheduled in the next few weeks. 

Hope this helps.  

2022 Transit Connect Wagon Order Guide.pdf

Thank you sooo much for clarifying. We knew going into this was going to be a long wait. I emailed him this morning to see if he could reprioritize to anything lower than 19 and he almost immediately replied saying they are out of allocations (guessing they are too small) but would reach out to their zone manager for assistance; he said being it is the only Transit Connect "Titanium" on order in all the southeast, it may happen. He would get back soon.

As for dropping the floor mats and remote start, the mats are needed to help with inside trafic for the business, and living in Florida, Auto Start is almost a NECESSITY so the A/C can start as we walk to the vehicle :) Yes, us being lazy and needy, but something we both feel is necessary for the climate/area we live in.

Again, I cannot thank you enough for replying and helping me(us) to understand. It's nice to know there is a place to go and air grievances, problems, or thoughts :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/7/2021 at 11:57 AM, AggieDad said:

My order status is still “In Production”, with a scheduled day of 3/9 per my dealer.  However, I just noticed my estimated delivery date has moved out a week to 4/1.  Does this imply my build date has moved or something involving the shipping process?   

How long was your order between “in production” and “in processing?

My order was accepted on 1/29 and roughly 3 weeks later I received a build date of 3/9.   (The build date ended up being 3/15.)

Incidentally, the truck was delivered to my dealer last Friday, 3.26, and I discovered it on Sunday.   I let my salesman know on Monday that if he would walk out back, he'd find my truck and they could get started getting it ready.   I'll pick it up tomorrow afternoon.  Lesson learned, track closely and be your own advocate.

• 2 weeks later...

Really wish I found this forum before I placed my order in February for the 2021 King Ranch. ?

Just checked the print out of the Preview Order... Priority Code 19.

I'm still searching but what does the price level indicate on the order preview?  Mine shows a price level of 130.

6 hours ago, adamninja22 said:

Really wish I found this forum before I placed my order in February for the 2021 King Ranch. ?

Just checked the print out of the Preview Order... Priority Code 19.

I'm still searching but what does the price level indicate on the order preview?  Mine shows a price level of 130.

The Priority Code range for retail orders is 10-19 with 10 being the most desirable. The WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system defaults to a "19" Priority Code for retail orders requiring Dealers to manually change it. As such, talk to your Dealer about changing your Priority Code. 

The Price Level code is generated automatically to reflect the price level in effect when the order was submitted to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank). Retail orders are "price protected" to the prices in effect when the order was submitted to Ford. As such, your purchase price will not change should Ford increase the price prior to your vehicle being invoiced.  

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Andy Met said:

What if my order has been stuck as "in production" since 3/18 and has an ETA of 4/15 which is now 24 days behind us ?

If there are questions we can help answer we’re happy to help.  If you’re just here to bitch and whine, please go somewhere else.

Just asked a question here buddy, not bitching about nothing. What to do if a retail order has been showing "in production" since 3/16 with an ETA of 4/15 and nothing is happening. Do you have an answer or not, if you don't leave the responses to people with a possible answer as you aint helping any.

I think I did ask a question but let me repeat it, my retail order of a F150 has been shown as "in production" since 3/18. Has an ETA of 4/3, then 4/6, then an NA as ETA and since 5/1 is showing 4/15 for an ETA. Makes no sense at all. If anybody might know why any info is appreciated. If you don't have an answer don't tell me to go bitch somewhere else, just don't answer. Not looking for people being assholes with me, just looking for some simple answers as Ford is showing they really don't have any answers so far including my dealer and their Ford rep. Simple, right ??

58 minutes ago, Andy Met said:

I think I did ask a question but let me repeat it, my retail order of a F150 has been shown as "in production" since 3/18. Has an ETA of 4/3, then 4/6, then an NA as ETA and since 5/1 is showing 4/15 for an ETA. Makes no sense at all. If anybody might know why any info is appreciated. If you don't have an answer don't tell me to go bitch somewhere else, just don't answer. Not looking for people being assholes with me, just looking for some simple answers as Ford is showing they really don't have any answers so far including my dealer and their Ford rep. Simple, right ??

How many posts are you going to make bitching and crying and complaining about Ford and the BOF members? Knock it off NOW!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Andy Met said:

Just asked a question here buddy, not bitching about nothing. What to do if a retail order has been showing "in production" since 3/16 with an ETA of 4/15 and nothing is happening. Do you have an answer or not, if you don't leave the responses to people with a possible answer as you aint helping any.

People here get really triggered if you say anything that paints ford in a bad light. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy Met said:

The answer is there is a shortage of microchips.  Period.  End of story and there is nothing that can be done about it other than to wait or go buy something else.

It sucks but complaining won’t do anything.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Andy Met said:

What did your dealer say?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, probowler said:

People here get really triggered if you say anything that paints ford in a bad light. 

That's hardly the case. There are a lot of healthy discussions here at BOF with criticism of Ford, along with agreeing to disagree between those with opposing viewpoints. I think I have a high tolerance but get annoyed when disagreements become nothing more than a pissing match satisfying egos or some other agenda. And all too often the problems are with newer members trolling and not contributing anything productive to the site. And a lot of times I'll let things slide and not bother responding out of an abundance of caution to not overreact. My patience with disruptive behavior and other ongoing actions is wearing thin.

To anyone reading this thinking I'm always pro-Ford, that could hardly be the case. I couldn't begin to count the number of times over the past 35 years that I expressed my criticisms of Ford in person to Ford representatives.  

I spend far too much time providing information to this site and assisting members on the public forums here and privately to be wasting my time with nonsense. I started a conversation with the other moderators a few months ago about behaviors on the site getting out of control. The result was that the moderators became more pro-active in taking action when it was necessary and that's something that's an ongoing process. As moderators, we act independently but share a common goal of maintaining and even improving the site's success by being the best resource for Ford customers and enthusiasts looking for information or assistance. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

ford needs to communicate better and be up front with us customers. I ordered a new truck and have been tracking it thinking it would arrive when they said and it showed on the tracker. Well we passed that date and no truck delivered. Dealer/Ford can't tell me why!? I've bought a lot of extras for this truck I'm waiting on. Had I known all these issues I would of bought a Chevy I was looking at. I think Ford is going to loose future customers with all of this!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TJH said:

ford needs to communicate better and be up front with us customers. I ordered a new truck and have been tracking it thinking it would arrive when they said and it showed on the tracker. Well we passed that date and no truck delivered. Dealer/Ford can't tell me why!? I've bought a lot of extras for this truck I'm waiting on. Had I known all these issues I would of bought a Chevy I was looking at. I think Ford is going to loose future customers with all of this!

The answer is all over the news and it’s affecting Chevys just as much as Ford.  

If all you want to do is bitch and whine you’ve come to the wrong place.  

• Like 1