Ford Vehicle Ordering & Scheduling Process

On 4/16/2021 at 6:16 AM, ice-capades said:

Built to Order E-Mail Update & Customer Vehicle Order Tracking Website

Ford_Built to Order E-Mail Update & Customer Vehicle Order Tracking_2021-04-16.pdf

Ford_Built to Order E-Mail Update & Customer Vehicle Order Tracking_2021-04-16_Page_1.jpg

Ford_Built to Order E-Mail Update & Customer Vehicle Order Tracking_2021-04-16_Page_2.jpg

Ford_Built to Order E-Mail Update & Customer Vehicle Order Tracking_2021-04-16_Page_3.jpg

Ford_Built to Order E-Mail Update & Customer Vehicle Order Tracking_2021-04-16_Page_4.jpg

Ford_Built to Order E-Mail Update & Customer Vehicle Order Tracking_2021-04-16_Page_5.jpg

Ford_Built to Order E-Mail Update & Customer Vehicle Order Tracking_2021-04-16_Page_6.jpg

Ford_Built to Order E-Mail Update & Customer Vehicle Order Tracking_2021-04-16_Page_7.jpg

I hope its ok to ask this here,  i ordered my truck(22 super duty) on 5/4/21, i dont wanna keep bugging my dealer(im in no rush), he didnt add my email when i ordered, but went back and later added it(5/14).  Will i get a confirmation showing they have my order? or has that window closed? when i log into my account on the ford website under orders and reservations it says i dont have any currently.  

Not sure I would trust the Ford Tracking App to give you Any indication of when you will get your truck.  My F150 , 2wd, 5.0 was ordered Feb. 11, 2021,   Has been in production since April21, 2021, and as of May 10th, says will be delivered in 8 days !? Estimated delivery to dealer is May 18, 2021. My dealer has No info that supports these dates. The circle that says has been built, has never been checked.    Thankfully I am not in a big hurry either, but did have a trip planned in mid June to be In Wyoming, not looking to promising. 

3612CBE8-880A-43E9-AF55-A8269B6D0627.png

2 hours ago, ForeReel12 said:

Not sure I would trust the Ford Tracking App to give you Any indication of when you will get your truck.  My F150 , 2wd, 5.0 was ordered Feb. 11, 2021,   Has been in production since April21, 2021, and as of May 10th, says will be delivered in 8 days !? Estimated delivery to dealer is May 18, 2021. My dealer has No info that supports these dates. The circle that says has been built, has never been checked.    Thankfully I am not in a big hurry either, but did have a trip planned in mid June to be In Wyoming, not looking to promising. 

I kinda just wanted the email confirmation honestly.  I dont expect any of the estimates to be remotely accurate.  

• Haha 1

On 5/16/2021 at 9:24 PM, ForeReel12 said:

I really cannot even tell if Ford actually knows.  I have been dealing with someone in the "Executive Office" and found out she is calling the sales manager at my dealership to get updates and there are none.  I have been told that no stock orders will be built until the retail orders are completed yet dealers around me are getting stock orders, that were placed after mine, built last week and sold on the lot this week.  The only excuse I can get is there is a chip shortage.  My local dealer said they have had orders get delivered that don't even show that they have even been built in their system.  I just find it hard to believe that a company as big as Ford and with as much inventory as Ford doesn't have any detailed tracking information or at least access to that information to provide to the "Executive Officer" or dealers.

Read on another forum that Ford has updated their visibility reports and added a "Disposition Status."  Granted, only visible to those that have access to Ford systems.  I ordered an F150 Lariat on 3/30.  

Edited by Quags

37 minutes ago, Quags said:

Read on another forum that Ford has updated their visibility reports and added a "Disposition Status."  Granted, only visible to those that have access to Ford systems.  I ordered an F150 Lariat on 3/30.  

So... call your Dealer for a status update!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, ice-capades said:

So... call your Dealer for a status update!

I do!  ?

I have the info I need for the time being.   My truck is scheduled for June which will more than likely move to July.  I have zero issues and no complaints.  Still have my old truck.....saving money......

Edited by Quags
  • Like 1

This seems (to me) the best topic to ask this question in--forgive me if  I'm in the wrong thread.

I'm trying to order a '22 F350 7.3.  The dealer has told me they are still participating in x plan and has configured a build and sent me the order preview screen.  My issue is that, unlike others I have seen, the preview screen he sent does not show the plan pricing at the bottom, only MSRP.  When I asked the sales rep, he says that he can't display the x plan price until he gets an invoice?  Is this normal?  I'm extremely hesitant to put down a deposit without having a document showing the plan sales price.  I've seen others post their build previews from WBDO with each of the A/Z/X/D plan prices listed at the bottom.  

Thank you!

4 hours ago, Steve N said:

This seems (to me) the best topic to ask this question in--forgive me if  I'm in the wrong thread.

I'm trying to order a '22 F350 7.3.  The dealer has told me they are still participating in x plan and has configured a build and sent me the order preview screen.  My issue is that, unlike others I have seen, the preview screen he sent does not show the plan pricing at the bottom, only MSRP.  When I asked the sales rep, he says that he can't display the x plan price until he gets an invoice?  Is this normal?  I'm extremely hesitant to put down a deposit without having a document showing the plan sales price.  I've seen others post their build previews from WBDO with each of the A/Z/X/D plan prices listed at the bottom.  

Thank you!

Find another Dealer! The sales representative either doesn't know what he/she is talking about or just flat-out lying which is not a good way to start a business relationship. 

The WBDO (Web Based Ordering System) will display X Plan prices. The Dealer just has to select "Display Plan Price" in the price display option. In addition, Plan prices are available for any order placed or just saved in WBDO regardless of the order status.   

WBDO_Display Plan Price.jpg

WBDO_Display Plan Price_X Plan.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content
  • Like 1

2021 FORD CUSTOMER ORDER VERIFICATION FOR PRIORITY SCHEDULING AND ALLOCATION

WHAT IS HAPPENING
• The Customer Order Verification Program (COVP) will be opening to all unscheduled orders on all vehicle lines (excluding Mach-E, Bronco and specialty units)
Verified orders will receive priority scheduling and will receive incremental allocation

SUMMARY
Dealers will be able to utilize the existing COVP website on https://cni.dealerconnection.com to register retail orders for all vehicle lines (excluding Mach-E, Bronco and specialty units). Verified orders will receive priority scheduling and will receive incremental allocation. Vehicles that are not verified will still be scheduled but will scheduled within the dealer’s earned allocation.
Note that while this program utilizes the same process as the Retail Order Incentive, only previously communicated vehicle lines are eligible for the incentive. Please check SmartVINCENT for incentive eligibility.

ELIGIBLE VEHICLE LINES
All vehicle lines (excluding Mach-E, Bronco and specialty units) are eligible for verification and incremental allocation through the COVP process.
• Mustang (Non GT500 or Mach 1)
• EcoSport
• Escape
• Edge
• Bronco Sport
• Explorer
• Expedition
• Transit
• Transit Connect
• Ranger
• F150
• Super Duty

COVP PROCESS
• Customer places eligible retail order through their local dealership
• Dealership will enter retail order into COVP website located at hhtps://cni.dealerconnection.com

I ordered a F-150 Lariat Powerboost on 1-29-21. order#8712,  vin #1FTFW1ED5MFB61165. Window sticker says 425 blend, however, original ETA was 5/22, which moved to 8/20 and then 10/31. When the date moved the window sticker was no longer available. Order tracker has build date of 4/25 and nothing further other than 10/31 ETA.  I have see many people with orders many weeks after mine that have already received their trucks. What Gives?

On 6/8/2021 at 5:50 AM, ice-capades said:

2021 FORD CUSTOMER ORDER VERIFICATION FOR PRIORITY SCHEDULING AND ALLOCATION

WHAT IS HAPPENING
• The Customer Order Verification Program (COVP) will be opening to all unscheduled orders on all vehicle lines (excluding Mach-E, Bronco and specialty units)
Verified orders will receive priority scheduling and will receive incremental allocation

SUMMARY
Dealers will be able to utilize the existing COVP website on https://cni.dealerconnection.com to register retail orders for all vehicle lines (excluding Mach-E, Bronco and specialty units). Verified orders will receive priority scheduling and will receive incremental allocation. Vehicles that are not verified will still be scheduled but will scheduled within the dealer’s earned allocation.
Note that while this program utilizes the same process as the Retail Order Incentive, only previously communicated vehicle lines are eligible for the incentive. Please check SmartVINCENT for incentive eligibility.

ELIGIBLE VEHICLE LINES
All vehicle lines (excluding Mach-E, Bronco and specialty units) are eligible for verification and incremental allocation through the COVP process.
• Mustang (Non GT500 or Mach 1)
• EcoSport
• Escape
• Edge
• Bronco Sport
• Explorer
• Expedition
• Transit
• Transit Connect
• Ranger
• F150
• Super Duty

COVP PROCESS
• Customer places eligible retail order through their local dealership
• Dealership will enter retail order into COVP website located at hhtps://cni.dealerconnection.com

This is how retail orders should always work.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Molf21 said:

I ordered a F-150 Lariat Powerboost on 1-29-21. order#8712,  vin #1FTFW1ED5MFB61165. Window sticker says 425 blend, however, original ETA was 5/22, which moved to 8/20 and then 10/31. When the date moved the window sticker was no longer available. Order tracker has build date of 4/25 and nothing further other than 10/31 ETA.  I have see many people with orders many weeks after mine that have already received their trucks. What Gives?

10 hours ago, akirby said:

This is how retail orders should always work.

So, this is the only response for a question like this? An honest ANSWER is all I ask. The dealer's tracking said that the truck was built waiting for a chip before the dates were moved and the window sticker disappeared. Haven't had a chance to talk to anyone there since then, so I figured this would be an appropriate place to ask. However, it seems that Ford has no concern for retail customers once the vehicle has been ordered.

12 minutes ago, Molf21 said:

So, this is the only response for a question like this? An honest ANSWER is all I ask. The dealer's tracking said that the truck was built waiting for a chip before the dates were moved and the window sticker disappeared. Haven't had a chance to talk to anyone there since then, so I figured this would be an appropriate place to ask. However, it seems that Ford has no concern for retail customers once the vehicle has been ordered.

Attached for your reference is a copy of the Window Sticker from the FordDirect database.

Your Dealer is the best source for detailed information via the Vehicle Visibility system which is now displaying notices for produced vehicles being held due to the microchip shortage. They can provide you with a copy of the report showing the notice for your vehicle. Ford is doing everything they can to address the microchip shortage for vehicles being held but there's little if anything that can be done at the dealership level other than providing you with the latest information available from Ford. 

Otherwise, I'm not sure what answers you expect.  

1FTFW1ED5MFB61165_WS.pdf

At what point does the priority code not matter?   I ordered my F150 on 4/14 and received a VIN very quickly.  Since then it has been just getting pushed and pushed for the build date.   My priority code currently is a 19 and trying to figure out if I should push the dealer to move it up if that will ensure I get my truck faster.

6 minutes ago, silverboost said:

At what point does the priority code not matter?   

My understanding is once you have a VIN # and a build date the priority code is irrelevant. The priority code is how the dealer tells Ford what sequence to take their orders in. Once the order is scheduled, the dealers priority code has served its purpose, so to speak, and has no other value. 

1 hour ago, silverboost said:

At what point does the priority code not matter?   I ordered my F150 on 4/14 and received a VIN very quickly.  Since then it has been just getting pushed and pushed for the build date.   My priority code currently is a 19 and trying to figure out if I should push the dealer to move it up if that will ensure I get my truck faster.

The priority code only applies to unscheduled orders. When the order is scheduled, the VIN number and scheduled production week is scheduled and the priority code ceases to have any influence on any status changes. Production dates for scheduled vehicles are being revised due to the microchip shortage and updated plant schedules. 

I'm planning on doing an overdue update/revision to this "Ford Vehicle Ordering & Scheduling Process" topic that will also include information on the new Retail Order Verification Process, Vehicle Visibility, WBDO and any other matters that are directly related to the ordering and scheduling process. My intent is to replace the existing content with the most recent information and provide it as a resource tool only for the information and not a discussion thread. If members have questions about specific model ordering, scheduling, production or tracking they should be be posted in the forums for the specific vehicle models so that they can be addressed appropriately. If possible, I'll have the updates done within the next week. 

• Like 13

2 hours ago, d232799 said:

Hi all;  got my Vin# on my MY22 F350 King with a Production date of July 19,  I think.   It appears to be number 4700 off the line.  How many SD does the KP produce a day.  Bob

VIN numbers don't necessarily correspond to the production sequence. 

7 hours ago, mink said:

Where did you come up with 4700 off the line?

just figured my vin #  ends in the  4700's,  so maybe one of the first 4700 in MY22.    I'm just unsure how many they make a day since it sounds like production starts July 10 and my dealer says its scheduled the week of July 19.  Thanks Ice-capades,  I'm not surprised sequence is not straight line.  thanks.....

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, d232799 said:

just figured my vin #  ends in the  4700's,  so maybe one of the first 4700 in MY22.    I'm just unsure how many they make a day since it sounds like production starts July 10 and my dealer says its scheduled the week of July 19.  Thanks Ice-capades,  I'm not surprised sequence is not straight line.  thanks.....

I googled and read that the F150 plant can produce over 1000 trucks a day when there running full bore, so I would guess Super Duty's would be less but probably not by much.