Ford Vehicle Ordering & Scheduling Process

On 6/8/2021 at 5:50 AM, ice-capades said:

2021 FORD CUSTOMER ORDER VERIFICATION FOR PRIORITY SCHEDULING AND ALLOCATION

WHAT IS HAPPENING
• The Customer Order Verification Program (COVP) will be opening to all unscheduled orders on all vehicle lines (excluding Mach-E, Bronco and specialty units)
Verified orders will receive priority scheduling and will receive incremental allocation

SUMMARY
Dealers will be able to utilize the existing COVP website on https://cni.dealerconnection.com to register retail orders for all vehicle lines (excluding Mach-E, Bronco and specialty units). Verified orders will receive priority scheduling and will receive incremental allocation. Vehicles that are not verified will still be scheduled but will scheduled within the dealer’s earned allocation.
Note that while this program utilizes the same process as the Retail Order Incentive, only previously communicated vehicle lines are eligible for the incentive. Please check SmartVINCENT for incentive eligibility.

ELIGIBLE VEHICLE LINES
All vehicle lines (excluding Mach-E, Bronco and specialty units) are eligible for verification and incremental allocation through the COVP process.
• Mustang (Non GT500 or Mach 1)
• EcoSport
• Escape
• Edge
• Bronco Sport
• Explorer
• Expedition
• Transit
• Transit Connect
• Ranger
• F150
• Super Duty

COVP PROCESS
• Customer places eligible retail order through their local dealership
• Dealership will enter retail order into COVP website located at hhtps://cni.dealerconnection.com

So I have a question about this, I showed my dealer this thread.  He followed the links and said that the verification process is only showing for the 2021 models(super duty’s), I have a 2022 on order, my dealer did ask for my address and everything and added it to my order, will that make my order verified ? I just don’t wanna get stuck waiting on allocation etc.  I ordered on 5/4 I have the order confirmation email.  Thanks to everyone on this forum for helping all of us out!

For what it's worth, I just left my local dealership where the salesperson had me sign a purchase order for our 22MY Super Duty that was ordered on 04/16/2021.  He said the company wants proof that orders are legitimate as it seems there has been fraudulent orders placed.  I know this has been covered here before.  One thing I've noticed on what Ice-Capades has posted is that the post begins with 2021, which may be kind of ambiguous and confusing.  Does it mean this only applies to the 21MY orders, or does it mean all orders placed in 2021?  I dunno, but it could account for some confusion and misplaced info being thrown out.

2 hours ago, Mirage Flatter said:

For what it's worth, I just left my local dealership where the salesperson had me sign a purchase order for our 22MY Super Duty that was ordered on 04/16/2021.  He said the company wants proof that orders are legitimate as it seems there has been fraudulent orders placed.  I know this has been covered here before.  One thing I've noticed on what Ice-Capades has posted is that the post begins with 2021, which may be kind of ambiguous and confusing.  Does it mean this only applies to the 21MY orders, or does it mean all orders placed in 2021?  I dunno, but it could account for some confusion and misplaced info being thrown out.

6/1 

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) below is the updated production timetable for the 2021/2022MY F-Series Super Duty.

• 01/20/2021 - 2021MY Final Fleet Order Date
  • 03/18/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change (KTP)
  • 04/01/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change (OHAP)
  • 07/09/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date (KTP)
  • 07/21/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date (OHAP)

• 03/15/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 05/27/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins (KTP)
  •       TBD         - 2022MY Scheduling Begins (OHAP)
  • 07/10/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date (KTP)
  • 07/22/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date (OHAP)
Tncdrew reacted to this

32 minutes ago, bahaboyga said:

6/1 

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) below is the updated production timetable for the 2021/2022MY F-Series Super Duty.

• 01/20/2021 - 2021MY Final Fleet Order Date
  • 03/18/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change (KTP)
  • 04/01/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change (OHAP)
  • 07/09/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date (KTP)
  • 07/21/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date (OHAP)

• 03/15/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 05/27/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins (KTP)
  •       TBD         - 2022MY Scheduling Begins (OHAP)
  • 07/10/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date (KTP)
  • 07/22/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date (OHAP)
Tncdrew reacted to this

Ok, what you just posted is from 6/1/2021, and refers to FDNB information.  This is completely different than what ice-capades posted at 03:50 AM on 6/8/2021, which refers to 2021 Ford Customer Verification For Priority Scheduling And Allocation.  My question is, does the 6/8/2021 posting refer to 2021MY vehicles, or does it refer to any vehicles orders placed in 2021, regardless of the model year?  His postings on build scheduling are certainly always very straightforward and unambiguous, and he always states that they are subject to change.  I appreciate all that he does for all of us in keeping us informed.

They are still building 2021 till July 9th and the order bank closed a while back, so with the change/exception in building 2022 retail orders ahead of any stock/dealer orders Ford corp. wants to make sure those rigs (2022 orders) are going to customers not dealer inventory. That's the way I understand it.

37 minutes ago, mink said:

They are still building 2021 till July 9th and the order bank closed a while back, so with the change/exception in building 2022 retail orders ahead of any stock/dealer orders Ford corp. wants to make sure those rigs (2022 orders) are going to customers not dealer inventory. That's the way I understand it.

I understand and agree with all that you're saying, with regard to 22MY Super Duty's, but, per recent posts by ice-capades on Production Week Scheduling, Ford is scheduling builds on many 21MY vehicles well into August.  JHForman812 stated in his post above that his salesperson could not confirm that the customer verification program referred to by ice-capades in his post on 6/8 applies to 22MY vehicles.  And the post by ice-capades on 6/8 indicates that this verification program applies to pretty much the full Ford line of vehicles, not just 22MY Super Duty trucks.  Yes, the order bank on 21MY Super Duty's closed mid March.  I learned that on April 16, when I ordered our '22.

2 hours ago, Mirage Flatter said:

I understand and agree with all that you're saying, with regard to 22MY Super Duty's, but, per recent posts by ice-capades on Production Week Scheduling, Ford is scheduling builds on many 21MY vehicles well into August.  JHForman812 stated in his post above that his salesperson could not confirm that the customer verification program referred to by ice-capades in his post on 6/8 applies to 22MY vehicles.  And the post by ice-capades on 6/8 indicates that this verification program applies to pretty much the full Ford line of vehicles, not just 22MY Super Duty trucks.  Yes, the order bank on 21MY Super Duty's closed mid March.  I learned that on April 16, when I ordered our '22.

And I linked my dealer to this thread.  My dealer did go into the system and add my email and address to the system.  Some people are saying their dealers are requesting a copy of their DL and a signed buyers agreement.  My dealer said the only verification request he could find was for MY21.  Ford could be verifying the 21s to see how many of them sitting in lots actually need to be completed ASAP.  I trust my dealer he’s been very upfront and communicates with me so I don’t think he’s messing this up. 

Edited by JHForman812
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, JHForman812 said:

So I have a question about this, I showed my dealer this thread.  He followed the links and said that the verification process is only showing for the 2021 models(super duty’s), I have a 2022 on order, my dealer did ask for my address and everything and added it to my order, will that make my order verified ? I just don’t wanna get stuck waiting on allocation etc.  I ordered on 5/4 I have the order confirmation email.  Thanks to everyone on this forum for helping all of us out!

The COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) is not Model Year specific. The Dealer needs to upload the documentation and order information to Ford at the COVP site for verification. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content

15 hours ago, Mirage Flatter said:

This is the COVP program for 2021... not just for the 2021 Model Year!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mirage Flatter said:

Ok, what you just posted is from 6/1/2021, and refers to FDNB information.  This is completely different than what ice-capades posted at 03:50 AM on 6/8/2021, which refers to 2021 Ford Customer Verification For Priority Scheduling And Allocation.  My question is, does the 6/8/2021 posting refer to 2021MY vehicles, or does it refer to any vehicles orders placed in 2021, regardless of the model year?  His postings on build scheduling are certainly always very straightforward and unambiguous, and he always states that they are subject to change.  I appreciate all that he does for all of us in keeping us informed.

Too many posts here are creating misinformation and unnecessary confusion.

• Production Week Scheduling is just that. Information on what weeks unscheduled orders will be scheduled for production.
  • Production Timetable Information - Just what it says. 
  • 2021 Customer Order Verification Program (COVP) - It's the "2021" version of the program - NOT the 2021 Model Year

9 hours ago, JHForman812 said:

And I linked my dealer to this thread.  My dealer did go into the system and add my email and address to the system.  Some people are saying their dealers are requesting a copy of their DL and a signed buyers agreement.  My dealer said the only verification request he could find was for MY21.  Ford could be verifying the 21s to see how many of them sitting in lots actually need to be completed ASAP.  I trust my dealer he’s been very upfront and communicates with me so I don’t think he’s messing this up. 

A lot of the posters need to simply read the information that's been provided and stop speculating and misinterpreting everything.

The COVP program has absolutely nothing to do with vehicles in inventory and is NOT Model Year specific. The program applies to unscheduled retail orders, allows Ford to verify that retail orders are legitimate upon reviewing the required documentation... and helps Ford to expedite the scheduling of retail orders and rewards customers and Dealers alike by scheduling these retail orders with incremental allocation!

12 minutes ago, Merch said:

Just for reference, ordered my 21 F250 on 3-11, received confirmation on 3-12, scheduled for week of 5-11, built 5-17. Ford says delivery between 6-8 and 6-14, dealer says end of June maybe sooner.

You should ask your Dealer for a copy of the Vehicle Visibility report to see the most current vehicle status and whether its actually been released for shipping or being held due to the microchip situation. 

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

A lot of the posters need to simply read the information that's been provided and stop speculating and misinterpreting everything.

The COVP program has absolutely nothing to do with vehicles in inventory and is NOT Model Year specific. The program applies to unscheduled retail orders, allows Ford to verify that retail orders are legitimate upon reviewing the required documentation... and helps Ford to expedite the scheduling of retail orders and rewards customers and Dealers alike by scheduling these retail orders with incremental allocation!

Ok I’ll point my dealer back to this thread again and ask him to look into it harder.  I don’t wanna get put in the back of the line.  

History, although somewhat sketchy.

The first computerized ordering system was based on orders placed on keypunch cards and feed into large IBM mainframes back in the 60s.  A "run" of all the orders key punched for a day was only done at most once a day because it took so long for the mainframe to process the data.  This is where all those weird codes you see on Order Guides evolved from.

Also, it was possible to take the keypunch cards and re-arrange them, putting an order at the head of the line.

On 6/13/2021 at 6:01 AM, Merch said:

Just for reference, ordered my 21 F250 on 3-11, received confirmation on 3-12, scheduled for week of 5-11, built 5-17. Ford says delivery between 6-8 and 6-14, dealer says end of June maybe sooner.

Follow-up, truck arrived at dealer this morning so the Ford Tracking site was pretty close with the 6-8 to 6-14 estimate. 

• Like 2

So I've read throughout these posts about getting your dealer to change your priority order from 19 to a lower number (higher priority). I want to do that but I don't know if my sales person is giving me the run around, doesn't understand, is unwilling or perhaps there is a valid reason why they cannot. So I am looking for confirmation that a dealer (can every dealer do this?) can change a priority code from 19 to a lower number?  If so, can I dictate making it a 10? Are there any limitations to be aware of before I go ask them to do this?

This is for Mach-E, FYI.