Ford Vehicle Ordering & Scheduling Process

2 hours ago, mgoelectric said:

So I've read throughout these posts about getting your dealer to change your priority order from 19 to a lower number (higher priority). I want to do that but I don't know if my sales person is giving me the run around, doesn't understand, is unwilling or perhaps there is a valid reason why they cannot. So I am looking for confirmation that a dealer (can every dealer do this?) can change a priority code from 19 to a lower number?  If so, can I dictate making it a 10? Are there any limitations to be aware of before I go ask them to do this?

This is for Mach-E, FYI. 

The dealer has 100% control over order priority and no you can’t “dictate” that they change it.  But I’m pretty sure the Mach-E process is different due to the reservation system.

52 minutes ago, yorid said:

How much of a difference does a Priority code 10 over a 14 make?

Could be no difference or a huge difference.  It all depends on how many orders your dealer has and at what priority.  If you are at 10 but there are 19 other orders put in prior and they’re all priority 10 then you’re 20th in line.

If all the other orders are higher than 14 then you’re first in line.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mgoelectric said:

So I've read throughout these posts about getting your dealer to change your priority order from 19 to a lower number (higher priority). I want to do that but I don't know if my sales person is giving me the run around, doesn't understand, is unwilling or perhaps there is a valid reason why they cannot. So I am looking for confirmation that a dealer (can every dealer do this?) can change a priority code from 19 to a lower number?  If so, can I dictate making it a 10? Are there any limitations to be aware of before I go ask them to do this?

This is for Mach-E, FYI. 

When I ordered my 2022 F-250, they told me they never set a priority below 15, and they lowered mine from 19 to 15.  I didn't want to argue, because this is the first vehicle I've bought from them and they're a pretty large dealership in Dallas, so I figure they have regular customers they will give higher priority.  But yes, it's my understanding that every dealer can set the priority between 10 & 19 at their own discretion.

I spoke with my salesperson who apparently didn't know any of this and then got a learning experience from her team. She says that dealer always enters them in as a 10 but then some combination of factors turned it into a 12. What the reasons were are still fuzzy but the point is, it's not a 19 like the email I originally got says it was.

33 minutes ago, Markhoni said:

What determines if a vehicle built this year is a 2021 or 2022 vehicle? Is it the VIN# or the date it is built? I received a VIN# for my Mach 1 order in April, and at this moment it is scheduled to go into production Sep. 6

The VIN number includes the code for the Model Year designation for a scheduled vehicle and any Mustang Mach-E VIN numbers assigned are for the 2021 Model Year. The 2022 Mustang Mach-E production schedule has not yet been released from Ford. 

VIN Guide_2018MY.pdf

Please help me not be a jerk.

I stopped in at my dealer last week to order a '22 Maverick, but I never received a confirmation email from Ford.

They priced up and printed me out a "Preview Order"  sheet that indicates at the bottom "This order has not been submitted to the order bank. This is not an invoice"

The sales person I'm working with insists that it's ordered and showed me on their screen that it

• has my correct email address,
  • has a status of "Unscheduled-clean"
  • has priority of "10"

Am I all set here and there's just something funky with the Ford confirmation emails, or do I need to follow up with my dealership again?

6 minutes ago, mdwmd said:

I stopped in at my dealer last week to order a '22 Maverick, but I never received a confirmation email from Ford.

They priced up and printed me out a "Preview Order"  sheet that indicates at the bottom "This order has not been submitted to the order bank. This is not an invoice"

The sales person I'm working with insists that it's ordered and showed me on their screen that it

• has priority of "10"

Am I all set here and there's just something funky with the Ford confirmation emails, or do I need to follow up with my dealership again?

Yeah I think a lot of us are in that same boat so probably just best to sit back and let the cards fall. This forum gives me more anxiety regarding this order process than it does clearing things up. I never received anything from Ford but I’m confident my order is humming along as it should. 

1 hour ago, mdwmd said:

1 hour ago, 1991LX said:

Yeah I think a lot of us are in that same boat so probably just best to sit back and let the cards fall. This forum gives me more anxiety regarding this order process than it does clearing things up. I never received anything from Ford but I’m confident my order is humming along as it should. 

Call the Ford 800# and give them your Order Code & Sales Code and just ask them if the order is in their system.  That way you don't have to wonder.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mdwmd said:

• has priority of "10"

to paraphrase what I have stated before...whenever FOMOCO injects themselves into the ordering/ buying process it becomes a total cluster f---k.  The previous system where clients just contacted the Dealer and placed the order was simple and straightforward. Now orders have to be transferred from WBDO to actual orders and Ford wants e-mail address's, copies of Drivers licenses, printouts of the actual order and customers signatures adress's and contact number...way to complicate a simple process and answer fix something that wasn't broken. In my opinion Fords becoming a total control freak....and ITS NOT HELPING IN THE SLIGHTEST...in fact its turning a simple process into hours of un-necessary downloading and extra work....

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2021 at 10:59 AM, todd270 said:

When I ordered my 2022 F-250, they told me they never set a priority below 15, and they lowered mine from 19 to 15.  I didn't want to argue, because this is the first vehicle I've bought from them and they're a pretty large dealership in Dallas, so I figure they have regular customers they will give higher priority.  But yes, it's my understanding that every dealer can set the priority between 10 & 19 at their own discretion.

in the Dealers defence...sometimes a priority code CANNOT be changed and just defers to the first available, and as I witnessed on the Broncos...Ford would literally change them from 10 to another number ( maybe to do with commodity issues )....don't start me on Fleet orders...they are evenworse...

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 5:50 AM, ice-capades said:

2021 FORD CUSTOMER ORDER VERIFICATION FOR PRIORITY SCHEDULING AND ALLOCATION

WHAT IS HAPPENING
• The Customer Order Verification Program (COVP) will be opening to all unscheduled orders on all vehicle lines (excluding Mach-E, Bronco and specialty units)
Verified orders will receive priority scheduling and will receive incremental allocation

SUMMARY
Dealers will be able to utilize the existing COVP website on https://cni.dealerconnection.com to register retail orders for all vehicle lines (excluding Mach-E, Bronco and specialty units). Verified orders will receive priority scheduling and will receive incremental allocation. Vehicles that are not verified will still be scheduled but will scheduled within the dealer’s earned allocation.
Note that while this program utilizes the same process as the Retail Order Incentive, only previously communicated vehicle lines are eligible for the incentive. Please check SmartVINCENT for incentive eligibility.

ELIGIBLE VEHICLE LINES
All vehicle lines (excluding Mach-E, Bronco and specialty units) are eligible for verification and incremental allocation through the COVP process.
• Mustang (Non GT500 or Mach 1)
• EcoSport
• Escape
• Edge
• Bronco Sport
• Explorer
• Expedition
• Transit
• Transit Connect
• Ranger
• F150
• Super Duty

COVP PROCESS
• Customer places eligible retail order through their local dealership
• Dealership will enter retail order into COVP website located at hhtps://cni.dealerconnection.com

Hi, everyone. First time poster, long time reader and Ford owner/aficionado.

I have two new Fords on order: a 2021 Explorer ST and a 2021 Mach 1. The Explorer was ordered mid-May and finally scheduled for the first week of August. The Mach 1 was ordered April 17 and delayed numerous times until the week of October 11. A few weeks ago my ordering dealer requested that I signed a couple of order forms (for both cars) and send them a copy of my license, presumably to verify my identity as being the customer behind the orders. This addresses why my Explorer was scheduled quickly and why my Mach 1 was not. I asked my dealer if this could be why and he did not know. To me, its pretty clear. It says customer's Mach 1's aren't getting pushed to the front of the line.

Edited by Pardsy

On 6/18/2021 at 11:57 AM, akirby said:

Could be no difference or a huge difference.  It all depends on how many orders your dealer has and at what priority.  If you are at 10 but there are 19 other orders put in prior and they’re all priority 10 then you’re 20th in line.

If all the other orders are higher than 14 then you’re first in line.

Is it worth asking the dealer to update priority from 19 to 10? Saw it in another post

5 minutes ago, ahunter said:

Is it worth asking the dealer to update priority from 19 to 10? Saw it in another post

Mine is a priority 10, ordered 6/2, and still unscheduled. I think commodity is going to take ultimate priority. As long as you’re 19 you’re retail. That’s all that matters. 

7 minutes ago, 1991LX said:

Mine is a priority 10, ordered 6/2, and still unscheduled. I think commodity is going to take ultimate priority. As long as you’re 19 you’re retail. That’s all that matters. 

That’s helpful, thank you!

9 minutes ago, ahunter said:

Depends on how many orders your dealer is submitting, and what priority those orders have.  If all the orders are 19, then no problem.  If some orders at your dealership are 10-18, they will get selected (all of them) for production before any 19s.

6 minutes ago, desperado said:

Depends on how many orders your dealer is submitting, and what priority those orders have.  If all the orders are 19, then no problem.  If some orders at your dealership are 10-18, they will get selected (all of them) for production before any 19s.

But remember if those 10-18 are restricted by commodities then the priority code is irrelevant as I understand it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2021 at 5:50 AM, ice-capades said:

2021 FORD CUSTOMER ORDER VERIFICATION FOR PRIORITY SCHEDULING AND ALLOCATION

WHAT IS HAPPENING
• The Customer Order Verification Program (COVP) will be opening to all unscheduled orders on all vehicle lines (excluding Mach-E, Bronco and specialty units)
Verified orders will receive priority scheduling and will receive incremental allocation

SUMMARY
Dealers will be able to utilize the existing COVP website on https://cni.dealerconnection.com to register retail orders for all vehicle lines (excluding Mach-E, Bronco and specialty units). Verified orders will receive priority scheduling and will receive incremental allocation. Vehicles that are not verified will still be scheduled but will scheduled within the dealer’s earned allocation.
Note that while this program utilizes the same process as the Retail Order Incentive, only previously communicated vehicle lines are eligible for the incentive. Please check SmartVINCENT for incentive eligibility.

ELIGIBLE VEHICLE LINES
All vehicle lines (excluding Mach-E, Bronco and specialty units) are eligible for verification and incremental allocation through the COVP process.
• Mustang (Non GT500 or Mach 1)
• EcoSport
• Escape
• Edge
• Bronco Sport
• Explorer
• Expedition
• Transit
• Transit Connect
• Ranger
• F150
• Super Duty

COVP PROCESS
• Customer places eligible retail order through their local dealership
• Dealership will enter retail order into COVP website located at hhtps://cni.dealerconnection.com

My dealer told me that my Mach 1 order would be given priority. I guess they were wrong. I showed them this any they knew nothing about it and still swore I was given priority.

4 hours ago, Pardsy said:

My dealer told me that my Mach 1 order would be given priority. I guess they were wrong. I showed them this any they knew nothing about it and still swore I was given priority.

Maybe they gave you a high priority code on your order. 10-19 with 10 being the highest for retail orders

Edited by Dewbs

• 2 weeks later...