Ford Vehicle Ordering & Scheduling Process

Hi All - brand new here, jumping over from Ram and ordered a 2022 King Ranch last week and am exceptionally excited.

Question I had was about the actual dealership ordering process, are dealerships only allowed to submit an order to Ford at certain times based on allocation or some other restraint? I haven't gotten an email confirmation or anything and we came to agreement and sent him the options and stuff last Thursday 10/28. Giving him some breathing room as I probably annoyed him leading up to the green light to order. Just wasn't sure of the process, though I know a lot more about it thanks to the sticky on this post.

Any help is much appreciated!

3 hours ago, ryant601 said:

Hi All - brand new here, jumping over from Ram and ordered a 2022 King Ranch last week and am exceptionally excited.

Question I had was about the actual dealership ordering process, are dealerships only allowed to submit an order to Ford at certain times based on allocation or some other restraint? I haven't gotten an email confirmation or anything and we came to agreement and sent him the options and stuff last Thursday 10/28. Giving him some breathing room as I probably annoyed him leading up to the green light to order. Just wasn't sure of the process, though I know a lot more about it thanks to the sticky on this post.

Any help is much appreciated!

Dealers can submit all order types (Stock, Retail & Fleet) as soon as the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) is open. Submitting orders has nothing to do with a dealership's allocation or anything else. Dealers have to attach the customer's e-mail address to retail orders in order for Ford to send order status communications. 

24 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Dealers can submit all order types (Stock, Retail & Fleet) as soon as the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) is open. Submitting orders has nothing to do with a dealership's allocation or anything else. Dealers have to attach the customer's e-mail address to retail orders in order for Ford to send order status communications. 

Got it, that makes sense. Thanks!

On 10/16/2021 at 4:18 PM, jblas16 said:

Curious if there's a ballpark estimate on how backed up the 2022 Escape PHEV orders are. I put an order in on 10/3 and I believe Ford was going to start production on the 2022s on 11/2.

Basically, do I have a reason to hope I'll be taking delivery by the end of 2021?

I also ordered a 22 Escape PHEV, but have not received anything from Ford in regards to a confirmation. Wondering if you received anything?

marc

21 minutes ago, marc_05 said:

Thanks. Since my order was one week ago today and I still have no proof of an order, I believe the dealer owes me an explanation. 

It seems that many of us did not receive an "Order Confirmed" e-mail.  I also did not.  Going on 2 weeks since supposedly submitting my order, but no e-mail.  I took todd270's advice and called Ford directly.  They were able to confirm that my order was submitted on the day that I went into the dealership.

54 minutes ago, marc_05 said:

Thanks. Since my order was one week ago today and I still have no proof of an order, I believe the dealer owes me an explanation. 

Yeah, I got an email from Ford the next day I placed my order. So it's definitely worth calling your dealer and/or Ford about this.

On 11/2/2021 at 1:35 PM, voidoid said:

jblas, out of curiosity have you received your VIN yet?  I ordered a 2022 Corsair PHEV on 10/9, also made in Louisville so presumably our vehicles would generally be on a similar production timeline.  Haven't gotten a VIN or production date yet.  Thanks and good luck with your order!

My wife ordered an escape phev the end of August, soon after the 22 order guide came out and usob opened up. We don't have a build week or vin yet either, been trying to stay on top of the dealer for updates and hoping the order was actually submitted correctly.

Edited by bredick

25 minutes ago, fusion815 said:

I ordered an Escape back in September and haven't heard anything regarding VIN or build date.  I did get the confirmation email shortly after order was placed.

Thanks Fusion815 (and also Bredick.)  Hopefully we will all get our vehicles scheduled soon as 2022 production ramps up.  I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas, haven't purchased a new car in 20 years and I'm really itching to get behind the wheel!

Oh me too voidoid...  it's been 10 years since I purchased a new car (my current one)... so I'm like a kid at Christmas. 

If I'm reading the post correctly in the Escape > 2022 Escape Production Information, it looks like Ford is starting production on the 2022s on 11/15?  

2022 Escape Production Information - Escape & Kuga Forum - Blue Oval Forums

21 hours ago, marc_05 said:

Granted it's an F150 not an Escape, but I placed my order over a week ago and still nothing from Ford. Reached out to dealership today and he told me the order was submitted, but not yet confirmed by Ford...I don't know if I believe him or not as I've seen many people get confirmations very soon after the order. He doesn't have an order number/sales code combo for me to reach out to Ford with. Tried calling them yesterday and they need that information.

17 hours ago, ryant601 said:

Granted it's an F150 not an Escape, but I placed my order over a week ago and still nothing from Ford. Reached out to dealership today and he told me the order was submitted, but not yet confirmed by Ford...I don't know if I believe him or not as I've seen many people get confirmations very soon after the order. He doesn't have an order number/sales code combo for me to reach out to Ford with. Tried calling them yesterday and they need that information.

Ford does not confirm orders with the dealerships. The only confirmations that are sent are the e-mail confirmations that are sent to retail order customers when their e-mail address is attached to the order. In addition, the order can't be in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) without a 4-digit order number. The dealership can tell you their sales code. 

On 11/5/2021 at 1:26 PM, marc_05 said:

Just heard back from my dealer and all is well. 

I now have a VIN and a build date, it also says priority 01. Cannot ask for much more…

Hoping to get my VIN number from my dealer too so I can track it. You were able to get it a week or two after ordering? Ordered mine in September. So my dealer should have mine then.  Did your dealer change priority for you?   My order says 19.  

Edited by fusion815

1 hour ago, fusion815 said:

Hoping to get my VIN number from my dealer too so I can track it. You were able to get it a week or two after ordering? Ordered mine in September. So my dealer should have mine then.  Did your dealer change priority for you?   My order says 19.  

From my understanding only Ford can assign priority 1-9, so I’m not sure how it got assigned.

Prior to ordering I could not locate a PHEV within 250 miles, it’s possible that Ford regional got involved. 

On 10/21/2021 at 12:21 PM, fredrickhw said:

I placed an order for a super duty on 10/4 and I have received zero e-mails from Ford.  I called the marketing line and was told the order is in the system and the e-mails are 'glitchy'.  Give this, am I in the dark now for the duration of this process or will I get an email at some point when the truck gets scheduled?

i ordered a f250 Aug 2 and have not recieved a e-mail from ford on anything. the dealership seems to tell me what they think i want to hear. I  just want honest answers

• Like 1