Ford Vehicle Ordering & Scheduling Process

32 minutes ago, Old fat and Grumpy said:

i ordered a f250 Aug 2 and have not recieved a e-mail from ford on anything. the dealership seems to tell me what they think i want to hear. I  just want honest answers

Your Dealer needed to attach your e-mail address to your order in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system in order to receive communications from Ford regarding your order. In addition, your Dealer should have submitted your order information along with a copy of your signed Buyer's Order and Driver's License to the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) in order to qualify for incremental allocation and priority scheduling. 

On 11/6/2021 at 9:21 AM, ice-capades said:

Ford does not confirm orders with the dealerships. The only confirmations that are sent are the e-mail confirmations that are sent to retail order customers when their e-mail address is attached to the order. In addition, the order can't be in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) without a 4-digit order number. The dealership can tell you their sales code. 

I had to threaten the dealership with cancelling the order and providing a screenshot of an order code/sales code (the multiple times I’ve asked explicitly for the order code, he thought I was asking for the VIN) to get it but finally got the information and immediately after that-got an email confirming the order. No information on priority code as his picture cut that information off…but at least I know Ford has the order now. 

On 11/11/2021 at 4:19 AM, ice-capades said:

Your Dealer needed to attach your e-mail address to your order in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system in order to receive communications from Ford regarding your order. In addition, your Dealer should have submitted your order information along with a copy of your signed Buyer's Order and Driver's License to the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) in order to qualify for incremental allocation and priority scheduling. 

We ordered one and provided the dealership with everything but Ford never emailed us nor did the dealership. Ford never confirmed our order directly with us and I don't think they really do this since we gave our email to the dealership but THEY are the ones receiving the email updates. Ford wont even add our email address to the order. This is in Canada so I'm not sure if this is different between the US and Canada

5 hours ago, Ford Username said:

We ordered one and provided the dealership with everything but Ford never emailed us nor did the dealership. Ford never confirmed our order directly with us and I don't think they really do this since we gave our email to the dealership but THEY are the ones receiving the email updates. Ford wont even add our email address to the order. This is in Canada so I'm not sure if this is different between the US and Canada

The customer's e-mail address is attached in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. The COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) is a separate system and may or not be available for Canadian orders. Ford does not send e-mail notices to dealerships regarding order status. 

6 hours ago, Ford Username said:

Thanks Ice

I'm  also trying to figure out what the ETA date is as the ford tracker says the order is shipped but the ford mach-e says no shipping date.  Can someone explain this? TIA

Screenshot_20211117-215653_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20211117-215109_Samsung Internet.jpg

The consumer online tools and e-mail communications provide only basic information. If you want additional information, contact your Dealer who has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system that provides the latest information on order history, scheduling, production and shipping status updates. 

On 11/18/2021 at 3:55 AM, ice-capades said:

The consumer online tools and e-mail communications provide only basic information. If you want additional information, contact your Dealer who has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system that provides the latest information on order history, scheduling, production and shipping status updates. 

Yeah...but when the dealership and salesperson are complete morons...

Ford should really implement independent sales network standards. At least a consumer complaint division on dealerships that flag them for retraining.  If Corporate employees have to go through annual training ,why shouldn't they?

I know it's a lot to ask for.  This is more rhetorical  ?

12 minutes ago, Ford Username said:

Yeah...but when the dealership and salesperson are complete morons...

Ford should really implement independent sales network standards. At least a consumer complaint division on dealerships that flag them for retraining.  If Corporate employees have to go through annual training ,why shouldn't they?

I know it's a lot to ask for.  This is more rhetorical  ?

Ford has ZERO control over dealerships due to state laws.  They’re completely independent.  The solution to morons is to buy somewhere else.

Aren't the 2022 XLT SDs supposed to have 8" LCD Screens.  I only have SYNC 3.  My window sticker doesn't say anything about the screen size but the Ford build states it is a 8" screen but when I go to the Ford Order tracking tool it says 4.2"?

Screenshot_20211121-104334_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f482aa976d810f0edc0cca2abb4c6e46.jpgScreenshot_20211121-104334_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f482aa976d810f0edc0cca2abb4c6e46.jpgScreenshot_20211121-104446_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ac6700a5c21ed5ec5d93254745c092d4.jpg

Screenshot_20211121-104420_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Ford Username
Adding XLT reference

18 minutes ago, Ford Username said:

Aren't the 2022 SDs supposed to have 8" LCD Screens.  I only have SYNC 3.  My window sticker doesn't say anything about the screen size but the Ford build states it is a 8" screen but when I go to the Ford Order tracking tool it says 4.2"?

Screenshot_20211121-104334_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f482aa976d810f0edc0cca2abb4c6e46.jpgScreenshot_20211121-104446_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ac6700a5c21ed5ec5d93254745c092d4.jpg

Screenshot_20211121-104420_Chrome.jpg

2022 Super Duty XLT Standard equipment (Per Order Guide)

SYNC® 3
— Enhanced Voice Recognition Communications and Entertainment System
— 8" LCD Capacitive Touchscreen in Center Stack with Swipe Capabillity
— Pinch-to-Zoom capability included with available Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System
— AppLink®
— 911 Assist®
— Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ Capability
— Smart-Charging USB-C Ports – two (2)

24 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

2022 Super Duty XLT Standard equipment (Per Order Guide)

SYNC® 3
— Enhanced Voice Recognition Communications and Entertainment System
— 8" LCD Capacitive Touchscreen in Center Stack with Swipe Capabillity
— Pinch-to-Zoom capability included with available Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System
— AppLink®
— 911 Assist®
— Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ Capability
— Smart-Charging USB-C Ports – two (2)

So you're saying ford fucked up if I go to the ford order tracking tool and enter my vin and order number and check

Screenshot_20211121-112221_Chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, Ford Username said:

I really hope so. The truck also was supposed to get the 7.3l gas engine but became 6.2l. Nothing but trouble with this order

Unfortunately, the Window Sticker doesn't mention the center stack screen. 

1FT8W3D62NEC80239_WS.pdf

1FT8W3D62NEC80239_WS_Page_1.jpg

1FT8W3D62NEC80239_WS_Page_2.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content

58 minutes ago, Ford Username said:

Yes. That is what I noticed on the XLT but it doesn't give me any comfort with Ford salesmen not knowing anything about this order system. Is the center stack normally listed on a window sticker?

Sometimes. It depends on whatever other content needs to be included and whether there's space. Regardless, the order guide is available for download in the Dealer Order Guides section and has all the answers you're looking for. 

Edited by ice-capades

8 hours ago, 1TonOFun said:

The productivity screen and center stack screen are two different screens. The productivity screen is the one between the tachometer and speedometer directly in front of the driver. The center stack screen is the one with Sync, NAV, Audio etc. 

Good catch.  

• Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 11:12 PM, 1TonOFun said:

The productivity screen and center stack screen are two different screens. The productivity screen is the one between the tachometer and speedometer directly in front of the driver. The center stack screen is the one with Sync, NAV, Audio etc. 

Thanks. Our salesman actually mentioned that this morning. Also said our truck was somewhere in Minnesota.  Sounded like Humbold CTRS or something like that.  With BNS Rail.  Couldn't find and rail hub centre like that on the BNS rail map 

• Like 1

Sounds like it's at Humboldt Yard, a Canadian Pacific (CP) yard on the north side of Minneapolis. "BNS Rail" sounds like Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF). If it was built in Louisville, A shortline may have railed it to Chicago where it was transferred to CP and now it may be being transferred to BNSF- or -BNSF may be transferring it to CP being it's going to Canada, though BNSF serves some western Canada destinations too.

• Like 1

Shipped

Your vehicle is In Transit or on its way to your dealership. Transit times vary from an average of 12 - 28 days based on your location and the plant where the vehicle was built. 

12-28 days from Kentucky to Minneapolis? I've saw a truck shipment from Kentucky to Minneapolis a month ago that took 4 days. So maybe I'll contact the dealer at Apple Valley Ford in Minnesota and ask him to keep an eye on the train movements.

I have a question in regards to why my order has not received a Vin# after being in the USOB for 5 months.

Called my dealer today to add a option since the order has not been assigned a vin# and see what could be

done to get the vin assigned by the end of the year.  Dealer informed me that is out of their control.

I have read here on BlueOval the vin# is assigned at placement of order by dealership.

My order was placed 6/11/21.

F250 Tremor Lariat/ 6.7 Diesel

Sales code F41409

Order code H611

I am a little confused is the dealer not doing something correctly?