Ford Vehicle Ordering & Scheduling Process

1 hour ago, Charliedog said:

On 12/15 I received a confirmation email from Ford that my F150 has been built and the estimate for delivery from DTP to my dealer is between 12/21 and 12/27. Palsapp still show it pending. With the factory being shut down for the next week, does that mean trucks awaiting shipping are delayed too, or do they still ship during the shutdown?

Vehicles do not normally ship when the plants are down. 

On 12/20/2021 at 2:22 PM, racergirl12 said:

My car on the site still shows in production since 11/23, but I know it's already built. Went to the dealer last Monday night after finding out it got delivered to an Auto Auction House outside Chicago. They said they were aware of the issue and had a truck on the way to get it. It has now been a week and I haven't heard a damn thing from them other than its not here yet.

I was on the dealer site Friday night and noticed my car showed up as "IN STOCK", but when I called up there, it still wasn't there. I've looked at all the tracking sites, talked to reps at Ford who say they can only see that it was delivered to the first location and nothing from the dealer. I understand waiting is the hardest part, but this has been nothing more than a pain. I just want my car and not the freaking run around. 

This is crazy!  Do you have an update???

14 hours ago, Staycee said:

This is crazy!  Do you have an update???

So I heard something last Monday after a ton of runaround. They told me that my car wasn't complete yet and that it "accidently" got picked up and delivered. They said it had been taken back to the factory, but per their Ford representative, there was now no ETA on when the car would be complete. As of today, the car still shows in production, but the window sticker did pop back up after being gone for like 3 weeks. I understand the chip shortage and labor issues, but this has been the worst experience between my dealer and Ford not knowing anything. 

21 hours ago, racergirl12 said:

So I heard something last Monday after a ton of runaround. They told me that my car wasn't complete yet and that it "accidently" got picked up and delivered. They said it had been taken back to the factory, but per their Ford representative, there was now no ETA on when the car would be complete. As of today, the car still shows in production, but the window sticker did pop back up after being gone for like 3 weeks. I understand the chip shortage and labor issues, but this has been the worst experience between my dealer and Ford not knowing anything. 

Wow  - that's quite the crazy mix-up!  I hope you get your car soon!

11 hours ago, Greg5609 said:

When does a vehicle show up in the vehicle visibility report, as soon as a VIN and build date is assigned or when production begins?

Vehicle orders show up in the Vehicle Visibility reporting system the instant that the order is submitted to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank). The Vehicle Visibility system includes the complete order history, scheduling, production and shipping information and includes all status changes until the vehicle is delivered to the dealership. Dealers have 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Greg5609 said:

Thanks, I placed my order on 11/30/21 and received an email on 12/2/21 with the VIN and build date of week of 1/31/22 so I guess I’ll wait until then and hope it doesn’t get pushed back. Thanks again.

I’m jealous. I ordered & got my confirmation email on 18 October. Nothing since.

What are you getting?

I ordered 11/12/21 received the confirmation from Ford the following day and then nothing.  My GMC was a lemon and a repurchased by GM the week prior to Christmas.  It was such a long drawn-out process, none of us ever thought the repurchase would happen that quickly.  The Ford dealership has been wonderful,  giving me a loaner, but I really want my own vehicle.

Hey all - I'm at 175 days since the order for my F-350 was submitted back in June. I got the VIN a month or so later, but the build was pushed 6 times. The truck finally went into "In Production" status last Thursday, 12/9/2021, according to the info I got from the dealer.  Fast forward --- Went to the dealer today to get a status update since it's been a week and rumor has it that it should be built by now. The dealer gives me the Navy Airman Salute and says it's still in production and I can't tell you anything else.  I do not buy it. Sorry. Not being a jerk about it but there has to be some kind of status update I can get from somewhere. Can someone tell me how to get a current status on the build of my truck? I have heard the plant in KY shuts down for 2 or 3 weeks later this month and if the truck is not built and on the rails headed to me before they shut down that I will be waiting well into January for the truck.  I need to make plans based on when I can reasonably expect the truck to show up.

Thanks - a retired Navy Chief just looking for answers...

Update January 7th, 2022

My truck was shipped to CSX Baldwin rail yard and arrived on December 27th.

The rail car has since been unloaded but now I cannot get any further updates from CSX.

Dealer is not cooperating - says Ford has not been updating tracker.

ETA for delivery is scheduled for Thursday, January 13th. 

What do you think the chances are that I will get the truck delivered on time? It has been on order since June 25, 2021.

Any way for me to get a current update on the status?

Thanks.

• Like 2

When an order is issued a VIN, what does that actually mean?  Are all the parts allocated for that specific build? 

Ordered 7/5; made changes along the way to help move it up but to no avail; email received Tuesday 11/16 with VIN and build week of 12/20; the week of 12/13 the build was pushed to 1/24.

Spoke with the Sales Manager yesterday, he told me they just received and email (not sure if from Ford or Regional Manager) stating all trucks with the 5th wheel prep and spray-in bed liner have a 0% chance of being built, and orders with the sunroof have a 20% of being built.  Has anyone else read or heard of this as well?

Just trying to get some clarification for myself as he tries to find the answers to some of my questions and concerns. 

Thank you very much for your help and time.

Rick

Edited by TW720HVY

On 1/9/2022 at 3:11 PM, TW720HVY said:

When an order is issued a VIN, what does that actually mean?  Are all the parts allocated for that specific build? 

Ordered 7/5; made changes along the way to help move it up but to no avail; email received Tuesday 11/16 with VIN and build week of 12/20; the week of 12/13 the build was pushed to 1/24.

Spoke with the Sales Manager yesterday, he told me they just received and email (not sure if from Ford or Regional Manager) stating all trucks with the 5th wheel prep and spray-in bed liner have a 0% chance of being built, and orders with the sunroof have a 20% of being built.  Has anyone else read or heard of this as well?

Just trying to get some clarification for myself as he tries to find the answers to some of my questions and concerns. 

Thank you very much for your help and time.

Rick

It is my understanding that any unscheduled order with 5th wheel prep etc will not be scheduled but orders that already have a scheduled week will be built.

20 minutes ago, asull85 said:

It is my understanding that any unscheduled order with 5th wheel prep etc will not be scheduled but orders that already have a scheduled week will be built.

What is your source for that information?  I believe you are thinking of this quote:

• 22MY Super Duty Option Availability:  For the remainder of 22MY, the following options will only be available to schedule on retail orders.  Stock orders with these options will not be selected for scheduling:
    • Spray in Bedliner (85S)
    • Fifth Wheel Prep (53W)
    • Tonneau Cover (21D,21E,21J)
    • Active Steering (60A) (optional on Lariat, King Ranch & Platinum; standard on Limited)
    • 19.5 Forged Polished Aluminum Wheel (64D) (standard on all F450 series and included on STX Pkg—17S)

This quote means that retail orders are the ONLY type of order that these options are available for.  It does not mean that retails orders with these options will not be scheduled.  

• Like 2

So let me get this right. you in theory get an email with VIN shorty after your confirmation email from Ford after you place your order? Well then, either my dealer really sucks or I am a step behind. All I have received so far is the confirmation email from Ford saying thank you. I have used Ford chat a few times to check statues and got your order is in and will be scheduled to be built the next available date. But If special orders take priories take precedent over normal builds how is there so many costumers waiting a full child birth term for a truck? I don't know, just wondering. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, J4thclass said:

So let me get this right. you in theory get an email with VIN shorty after your confirmation email from Ford after you place your order? Well then, either my dealer really sucks or I am a step behind. All I have received so far is the confirmation email from Ford saying thank you. I have used Ford chat a few times to check statues and got your order is in and will be scheduled to be built the next available date. But If special orders take priories take precedent over normal builds how is there so many costumers waiting a full child birth term for a truck? I don't know, just wondering. 

No, you won't get aVIN until you are scheduled for production

Edited by Cknox78

6 hours ago, Forderorder said:

What is your source for that information?  I believe you are thinking of this quote:

This quote means that retail orders are the ONLY type of order that these options are available for.  It does not mean that retails orders with these options will not be scheduled.  

So I'm new to the ordering process, just went today and put a order in for a F350 King Ranch. I ordered it with the adaptive steering and fith wheel prep mainly because I didn't want to deal with having to drill the holes in the bed myself.  Any ideas if these options are going to increase my build time? Should I drop the adaptive steering?

41 minutes ago, J4thclass said:

Thank you, I just don’t know how people are gettin lucky with these fast builds while others have been waiting 8-9 months if not longer. It’s only been a few months for me, but man the system is flawed. 

The system isn’t flawed.  Supply chain sucks right now for everybody in every industry.  Your truck can’t be built because of parts shortages (assuming your dealer doesn’t have a bunch of trucks ahead of you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J4thclass said:

Thank you, I just don’t know how people are gettin lucky with these fast builds while others have been waiting 8-9 months if not longer. It’s only been a few months for me, but man the system is flawed. 

I suggest reading through the topics and you will get an understanding of the system. I have been waiting since August and certainly don't believe the system is flawed. In addition to commodity issues, we also have to consider how many SD's the dealer has in the Unscheduled Order Bank.

Those that get a quick build probably have a basic truck and ordered from a dealer with few, if any orders ahead of them.

In my case, my dealer had about a number of SD's ahead of mine until mid November. Since then multiple commodity issues have prevented mine from getting scheduled, so more basic SD's ordered after mine at the same dealer have received VIN's. 

Thems the breaks when you order a F-450.

• Like 1