Ford Vehicle Ordering & Scheduling Process

How have I just found this forum?. I've been down a rabbit hole for about 4 hours reading all kinds of great info.

Got my window sticker from my dealer today.

Is that a sign we are close to the truck being built? 

VIN # 1FTFW1E57NKD13299

22 minutes ago, UJ8 said:

How have I just found this forum?. I've been down a rabbit hole for about 4 hours reading all kinds of great info.

Got my window sticker from my dealer today.

Is that a sign we are close to the truck being built? 

VIN # 1FTFW1E57NKD13299

The window sticker is usually available about 1 week before the truck is built. However, the dealer should also have a build day

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Rangers09 said:

The window sticker is usually available about 1 week before the truck is built. However, the dealer should also have a build day

Awesome. Dealer just said build date of tomorrow.....

STOKED

• Like 1

7 hours ago, danleg said:

What factors move an order from Priority 09 to Priority 01?

Does an order need to have 01 priority before it is scheduled?

There is no priority code 09 used. Retail orders use priority codes 10-19 but the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system defaults to priority code 19 requiring Dealers to manually adjust the priority code if a lower code is desired. Priority codes 01 and 02 are assigned at the Ford regional office or by Ford based on a number of factors. Dealers may request a 01 or 02 priority code for retail orders through their Ford Zone Manager. The great majority of orders re-assigned a lower priority code will be assigned the 02 priority code. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Dealers may request a 01 or 02 priority code for retail orders through their Ford Zone Manager. The great majority of orders re-assigned a lower priority code will be assigned the 02 priority code. 

What are some of those factors? Mine went in at 19 on the order date, then changed to priority 10 three minutes later (really!). Then in December a month and a half later, it changed to 01, and shows initiated by "FDOPRTLU", whatever that means. It was finally scheduled in the first scheduling round in January 8th. U553.

36 minutes ago, balthisar said:

What are some of those factors? Mine went in at 19 on the order date, then changed to priority 10 three minutes later (really!). Then in December a month and a half later, it changed to 01, and shows initiated by "FDOPRTLU", whatever that means. It was finally scheduled in the first scheduling round in January 8th. U553.

Factors can include age of order, vehicle model, body type, commodity restraints, supplier issues, etc. Ford doesn't disclose the actual factors considered but the Ford regional office has discretion on changing priority codes when requested by a dealership.  

4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

There is no priority code 09 used. Retail orders use priority codes 10-19 but the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system defaults to priority code 19 requiring Dealers to manually adjust the priority code if a lower code is desired. Priority codes 01 and 02 are assigned at the Ford regional office or by Ford based on a number of factors. Dealers may request a 01 or 02 priority code for retail orders through their Ford Zone Manager. The great majority of orders re-assigned a lower priority code will be assigned the 02 priority code. 

My dealer has been telling me for the past three weeks that I am at a priority 9. Is he Blowing Smoke?

So,  I've had order for an F150 Platnium in since 8/30/21 (Converted from 2021 to 2022 MY),  That's 21 + weeks today.  After respectfully pestering the salesmen once every 3-4 weeks with a quick text, who has gone about and beyond to not be helpful, he now said that he has changed the order from 19 to a 2.  The thing is I don't think I trust the guy.  It took 2 months of asking just to finally get an order confirmation email from Ford... the day I asked the salesmen is there any information.  interesting timing that the confirmation shows up with in an hour of my texting the salesman.

so that I'm not just venting, let my ask for your input on what might be going on:

1.  Did the order actually go in on 8/30/21 or 2 months later, the day I actually got the ford confirmation email?

2.  Did he actually get the order changed from 19 to priority code 2?

3.  Even in this day and age we live, is going on 22 + weeks acceptable / normal?

4. Am I just being an impatient jerk?

Your thoughts?

1 hour ago, fsucharles said:

So,  I've had order for an F150 Platnium in since 8/30/21 (Converted from 2021 to 2022 MY),  That's 21 + weeks today.  After respectfully pestering the salesmen once every 3-4 weeks with a quick text, who has gone about and beyond to not be helpful, he now said that he has changed the order from 19 to a 2.  The thing is I don't think I trust the guy.  It took 2 months of asking just to finally get an order confirmation email from Ford... the day I asked the salesmen is there any information.  interesting timing that the confirmation shows up with in an hour of my texting the salesman.

so that I'm not just venting, let my ask for your input on what might be going on:

1.  Did the order actually go in on 8/30/21 or 2 months later, the day I actually got the ford confirmation email?

3.  Even in this day and age we live, is going on 22 + weeks acceptable / normal?

Your thoughts?

The dealer doesn’t change it to priority 2 - that’s the Ford zone rep.  Sometimes they do it automatically on older orders or at the dealer’s request.

Hi, and thanks for all you do for the community. 

Now to my question.

I ordered a 2022 Escape Titanium hybrid on September 17, 2021. So far I have asked the dealer 3 or 4 times (I’m too patient) about the status. Yesterday he told me that if I deleted the tow hitch so I said to go ahead and delete it. This morning I was watching a video by Long McArthur Ford that said something about an ROVP and that the order might even be deleted/canceled if the ROVP wasn’t done. I just want to know if my dealer has done things right and if my order is going through. I’d really also like to get it expedited after 4 months as I’ve seen cars very similar to mine on Ford’s vehicle search web site being or already shipped to dealers here in Arizona. 

19 hours ago, tjwoody said:

Hi, and thanks for all you do for the community. 

Now to my question.

I ordered a 2022 Escape Titanium hybrid on September 17, 2021. So far I have asked the dealer 3 or 4 times (I’m too patient) about the status. Yesterday he told me that if I deleted the tow hitch so I said to go ahead and delete it. This morning I was watching a video by Long McArthur Ford that said something about an ROVP and that the order might even be deleted/canceled if the ROVP wasn’t done. I just want to know if my dealer has done things right and if my order is going through. I’d really also like to get it expedited after 4 months as I’ve seen cars very similar to mine on Ford’s vehicle search web site being or already shipped to dealers here in Arizona. 

TJ, please keep us updated on what happens. I'm looking to order an Escape plug in hybrid a little later this year, and I need to learn much more about the current process than I know now.

On 1/24/2022 at 2:07 PM, fsucharles said:

Your thoughts?

I would be pretty suspicious. I received the order confirmation email from Ford the same day I placed my F150 order back in October. 

17 hours ago, tk421 said:

I would be pretty suspicious. I received the order confirmation email from Ford the same day I placed my F150 order back in October. 

Yes, I would be suspicious as well. I do not know if my 21MY order was actually placed in Sept. I did not receive the confirmation email from Ford until the day my dealer(salesman) told me it "punted" to 22MY on 10/28. At that point he provided me a scanned copy of the Preview Order Summary, showing options and cost, listing it as Priority Code 19 and I received the Ford email minutes before the email from the dealer. Maybe he just forgot to include my email on the first order :)

I just checked my Ford.com account tied to the same email as my current order. I received my order confirmation from Ford at that address.

Should my vehicle order (22MY F150 KR) show up in My Account under the Reservations & Orders section?  Mine is showing no reservations, orders or purchases.

Was hoping the order would be linked to the account using same name and email :( 

1 hour ago, danleg said:

I just checked my Ford.com account tied to the same email as my current order. I received my order confirmation from Ford at that address.

Should my vehicle order (22MY F150 KR) show up in My Account under the Reservations & Orders section?  Mine is showing no reservations, orders or purchases.

Was hoping the order would be linked to the account using same name and email :( 

FWIW my currently "confirmed and scheduled" F150 order does not show up on my long-standing Ford Account tied to the same name and email address, either.  

Edited by FordEscape

17 minutes ago, Cux211 said:

Does anybody know what’s going on with the super duty’s? seems like they’re not scheduling there’s hardly any this week and hearing none for next week 

Please go read the topics in the SuperDuty forum - it’s all answered there.