Ford Vehicle Ordering & Scheduling Process

i have ordered my F350 DRW Platinum a couple of weeks ago. I have been seeing these trucks can take some time to be produced and may go over to the 2023 build year. Can anyone speculate that this may happen and if it does will I need to place another order or will the build just transfer to the new year and start back at beginning waiting? 

53 minutes ago, Gamehunter said:

i have ordered my F350 DRW Platinum a couple of weeks ago. I have been seeing these trucks can take some time to be produced and may go over to the 2023 build year. Can anyone speculate that this may happen and if it does will I need to place another order or will the build just transfer to the new year and start back at beginning waiting? 

It’s too early to say that - we don’t know when the 2023s start.  But it won’t automatically roll over to a 2023 - it would have to be reordered.

3 hours ago, Gamehunter said:

I ordered a F-450 on 31st Aug and although not yet scheduled, I fully expect it will be built as a 22MY. Stopped in to see my dealer last week and he confirmed that he sees no reason that it won't be built as a 22MY. However, in the highly unlikely event it is still outstanding when 23MY roll off the line, he guaranteed he will take care of everything required and will also guarantee the 22MY price we agreed. Sadly, not all dealers provide such great service.

Won't start considering the possibility until the 23MY Order Guides roll out and we approach the change-over dates, and I'm still unscheduled.

I read in the beginning of the thread that changes can be made to COVP retail order before it is scheduled and VIN assigned. 

Does anyone know if this will reset the clock when it is actually time to schedule?   I only want to change the color but don't want to lose my place in line among equal priority orders in my dealer's USOB.

29 minutes ago, bob99 said:

I read in the beginning of the thread that changes can be made to COVP retail order before it is scheduled and VIN assigned. 

Does anyone know if this will reset the clock when it is actually time to schedule?   I only want to change the color but don't want to lose my place in line among equal priority orders in my dealer's USOB.

Changes to unscheduled orders do not change the original order date or the existing priority code. 

• Like 4

Begging patience of the very helpful folks here as I try to understand the transition from Job#1 to Job#[second] for non-Lightning 22MY F150s; given that Lightning is apparently 22MY F150 Job #2, I'm referring to the second Job of non-Lightning MY22 F150 as Job #[second] (maybe it will properly be called "Job #3"?)

• I see in @ice-capades Weekly Scheduling Notes forum:  22MY F-150 Job #1 Balance Out - Spec changes and cancellation were shut off for Job #1 orders on Thursday, January 27.
  • So, at some date after January 27, the Dearborn and KC plants will cease production under the Job #1 specs and then commence production under the Job#[second] specs, is that correct?
  • If that is correct, is there a place on this forum where the specific date that MY22 F150 Job#[second] actually commences at each plant is announced?

Insofar as production of a given 22MY F150

• Is it possible that a 22MY F150 Ordered prior to January 27, might through a series of production rescheduling bumps, be produced to the Job#[second] specs (or does the 'Balance Out' procedure ensure that all MY22 F150s Ordered prior to January 27 will be actually produced to the Job #1 specs?)
I apologize if this has been explained and I missed it, thanks again for your patient and always helpful education.
Edited by FordEscape

2 hours ago, akirby said:

You don’t need to worry about job 2 unless it affects availability of a feature you ordered which I don’t think is the case here.  It’s just an internal milestone.

Thank you, and fair enough, I'd just like to understand the process. 

In referring to Ford Service documents on past vehicles I've encountered electrical cells (schematic diagrams) which show different harness schematics before and after a job change within a model year.  Though maybe not affecting feature availability, those can have bearing on function, service, and/or modifications.  Now for the first time ordering a vehicle, I'd just like to understand how that's managed on the order/production end of things.  Simply a matter of curiosity and education, not a critical issue or source of worry, if this isn't the place for that I apologize and will drop the matter. 

14 minutes ago, jgdorado said:

but the pricing gets updated to include all the newest pricing. That's my experience.

The WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system will only display the current prices in effect. Window Stickers and Dealer Invoices are created using the prices in effect at the time the vehicle is produced.  

1. Maybe I don't understand something. I ordered on Sept 29 2021 and a  build with price ( I signed it). The unit is still not scheduled (no VIN) so I added clearance lights. The new price is $1500 more. Is that how it goes? We wait while Ford increases prices and pay the price when it's produced?
Edited by jgdorado

31 minutes ago, jgdorado said:
  1. Maybe I don't understand something. I ordered on Sept 29 2021 and a  build with price ( I signed it). The unit is still not scheduled (no VIN) so I added clearance lights. The new price is $1500 more. Is that how it goes? We wait while Ford increases prices and pay the price when it's produced?

Your retail order is price protected to the Price Level in effect on the original order date. It doesn't matter whether your order is scheduled when prices increase. Your only increased cost should be the cost of adding the Roof Clearance Lights. 

17 minutes ago, balthisar said:

I added the eLSD to my 2022 order while it was scheduled and had a VIN. The internal tracker is still showing the original price level (PL215 in my case), even though PL220 was in effect at the time, and I think there's a new PL225 or higher. 

Price Level 245 is the current price level for 2022 Super Duty's. 

20 hours ago, jgdorado said:

Except we now know the order wasn’t placed in September so there is no price protection for the dealer until they actually place the order with Ford.

But you guys are missing the critical point here - the price you agreed to pay is between you and the dealer and really should have nothing to do with what the dealer pays Ford.  If you agreed to MSRP then you should have a buyer’s order listing the MSRP as the price with  signatures.  End of story.  Leaving the selling price open ended is never a good idea.

Edited by akirby
  • Like 7

• 1 month later...

@ice-capades the last plant downtime shows 3 weeks downtime in June in Kansas City for the Transits, but it references the 2023 Transit. Last week it still talked about 2022 Transit. Would this indicate that MY22 Transit orders not built by June will not be built?

Edited by Denwen

Hi,

I just ordered my F350 XLT at the beginning of March and realize it will be a long wait, but my question is there any visibility into the Ford Commodities list that might hold up the order? My goal is to eliminate those from the order if it isn't really necessary without ordering a bare bones truck. I have heard adaptive cruise, spray in bed liners are items that can hold it up. Attached is the ordering guide and I appreciate any guidance.

2022 Super Duty Pick Up - Ordering guide.pdf

42 minutes ago, Denwen said:

@ice-capades the last plant downtime shows 3 weeks downtime in June in Kansas City for the Transits, but it references the 2023 Transit. Last week it still talked about 2022 Transit. Would this indicate that MY22 Transit orders not built by June will not be built?

Oops! That was my error which will be corrected in a few minutes. Thanks!

22 hours ago, koolman68 said:

Hi,

I just ordered my F350 XLT at the beginning of March and realize it will be a long wait, but my question is there any visibility into the Ford Commodities list that might hold up the order? My goal is to eliminate those from the order if it isn't really necessary without ordering a bare bones truck. I have heard adaptive cruise, spray in bed liners are items that can hold it up. Attached is the ordering guide and I appreciate any guidance.

2022 Super Duty Pick Up - Ordering guide.pdf

Start by talking to your Dealer and learning how many other unscheduled 2022 Super Duty retail orders are ahead of yours, what your priority code is and whether your order is a verified COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) order which will qualify the order for incremental allocation and priority scheduling. 

In addition, spend some time to read through the 2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion forum. 

These are the major commodity restraints up until December when Ford restricted scheduling of these options to retail orders only in order to expedite scheduling.

• 22MY Super Duty Option Availability:  For the remainder of 22MY, the following options will only be available to schedule on retail orders.  Stock orders with these options will not be selected for scheduling:
    • Spray in Bedliner (85S)
    • Fifth Wheel Prep (53W)
    • Tonneau Cover (21D,21E,21J)
    • Active Steering (60A) (optional on Lariat, King Ranch & Platinum; standard on Limited)
    • 19.5 Forged Polished Aluminum Wheel (64D) (standard on all F450 series and included on STX Pkg—17S)
Edited by ice-capades
Typo
  • Like 1