Ford Vehicle Ordering & Scheduling Process

2 hours ago, j2sys said:

They also cut off retail orders for Maverick FHEV long before Escape FHEV/PHEV, even though they were already struggling to build hybrids.

Each order bank is different.  I’m sure they had far more Maverick hybrid orders.  They also have different suppliers.

2 hours ago, j2sys said:

Understood.  It just seems at this point, they know they can't build them and are scheduling them anyway.  Infinite delays hoping that eventually they'll start getting more of the constrained powertrain components.

There have been dozens of weeks when they don’t schedule builds, so I don’t think they’re scheduling them unless they believe they’ll be able to build them.  They would much rather schedule others that can be built.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Each order bank is different.  I’m sure they had far more Maverick hybrid orders.  They also have different suppliers.

eCVT is different.  Same engine, battery pack, and various other components.

2 hours ago, akirby said:

There have been dozens of weeks when they don’t schedule builds, so I don’t think they’re scheduling them unless they believe they’ll be able to build them.  They would much rather schedule others that can be built.

One would normally think so, but little is really "normal" these days.

In my case, I didn't expect to see the vehicle any time soon when I ordered Jan 3.  Over 3 months went by before it was scheduled; I almost expected it to take longer.  Was starting to wonder if, given all the Maverick Hybrid delays and the closing of that order bank months prior, I'd get bumped to the facelifted MY 2023 like a lot of the Maverick folks.  Then the delays started immediately.  The exact day it was initially "scheduled", it had already been delayed a week.  And then the next week.  And then...  That the first delay occurred the day it was scheduled would be odd enough.  A few delays here and there wouldn't have been entirely unexpected.  My brother had ordered a Bronco a couple weeks later and received it already - just after the last snow before fall.  It did get bumped back a bit and then was brought up a week, but was ultimately built within a couple weeks of the initial scheduled week.  Meanwhile, how many remain unscheduled from MY 2021...

So now my vehicle is up to 8 delays and counting, a total of 10 weeks later in time.  For a bit, the delays stopped, until 2 weeks before the summer shutdown, when it was supposed to be built the next week, only to be pushed back to after the shutdown.  And then this week it's been delayed further.  The impression this gives is that someone wanted a batch of hybrids pushed out of USOB and onto the production schedule, even if they weren't actually ready to build them.  Whether that's right or not, that's just the impression provided.

It's more frustrating than anything at this point, even going into this knowing not to get my hopes up until it was on the truck up from Louisville.  It's not an urgent need at the moment; I was able to find something to replace the Focus that someone totaled, but it's not my Escape.  Couldn't find one that met my picky specs.  I'd personally be okay if they did bump me to MY 2023, hopefully including a Sync 4 upgrade amongst others, while honoring price protection and all incentives including cash offers and Ford Credit APRs, but that's wishful thinking. :)  Others might not be so happy to wait that long.

Edited by j2sys

On 6/29/2022 at 8:59 AM, j2sys said:

Understood.  It just seems at this point, they know they can't build them and are scheduling them anyway.  Infinite delays hoping that eventually they'll start getting more of the constrained powertrain components.

They also cut off retail orders for Maverick FHEV long before Escape FHEV/PHEV, even though they were already struggling to build hybrids.

Having them develop a schedule and update it, is basic project management/scheduling.

Based on my experience in manufacturing production planning, it is more efficient to develop a schedule based on the current parts/resources delivery timeline, and amend as required. Developing a schedule once parts/resources are available, increases costs and incurs delays. It's always easier to amend an existing schedule than starting from scratch.

Edited by Rangers09
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - could use some advice from the group here.  Placed an Xplan order for a MY22 Ford Transit in Sept'21 when the order books first opened with my local dealer here in PA. For at least a month or 2 I've been at priority 02.  It's been 300+ days and I received a call 3 weeks ago that "likely my vehicle would not get produced in MY22 and would get bumped to MY23, with production starting in ~Sept'22".  The dealer also informed me that I'd have to place a new MY23 order which is back to priority 10 (highest dealer allowable)...the 22's were automatically rolling to MY23 orders.  Is there anything else I can do?  I wasnt even able to get any info if there's a certain feature that was holding up production, which I could potentially cut.  I feel like i'm at their mercy.  Not to mention that I was told that 22-->23 price protection for the transit orders like my situation is TBD.  Thoughts, suggestions?

For Maverick, Ford will give 22 order holders a personal rebate to cover the cost increases.  I think they’ll also get priority 2 but not 100% sure.

I would assume they’ll do that for others as well but you’ll have to wait for Ford to confirm.

6 hours ago, PaMarz13 said:

Hi - could use some advice from the group here.  Placed an Xplan order for a MY22 Ford Transit in Sept'21 when the order books first opened with my local dealer here in PA. For at least a month or 2 I've been at priority 02.  It's been 300+ days and I received a call 3 weeks ago that "likely my vehicle would not get produced in MY22 and would get bumped to MY23, with production starting in ~Sept'22".  The dealer also informed me that I'd have to place a new MY23 order which is back to priority 10 (highest dealer allowable)...the 22's were automatically rolling to MY23 orders.  Is there anything else I can do?  I wasnt even able to get any info if there's a certain feature that was holding up production, which I could potentially cut.  I feel like i'm at their mercy.  Not to mention that I was told that 22-->23 price protection for the transit orders like my situation is TBD.  Thoughts, suggestions?

Just prior to my 22MY F-450 getting scheduled, I discussed the potential of it not being built as a 22MY. He advised, if that happened, he would automatically re-order as a 23MY and would price protect my order to what we agreed for the 22MY. He would also contact the regional manager to get the priority back to 1 or 2.

Basically, i had no involvement in the entire process. He provided the guarantee and would work with Ford to make it happen.

Note - having read the information posted on this forum, I am aware that the price protection was not from Ford, it was my dealer providing customer service.

I ordered a 2022 Escape Titanium PHEV on Jan 6th and also have heard little other than confirmation of the order and a couple of months later an email stating that they are waiting for parts to arrive.  Priority code of 1.  No scheduling for build or VIN#.  Dealer has no news either.  

If you have priority 1, all you can do is wait. Surprised you got that priority level on a standard customer order and not a replacement vehicle. There are many stories on here about part shortages. Some have waited a year for their vehicles.

53 minutes ago, maginty said:

With 2023 Maverick order banks supposedly opening on Aug 2nd, when do the dealers get info on changes available for 2023 ?

The official source for information will be the 2023 Maverick Order Guide which will be available on or about 08/02/2022. As soon as it's released, I'll upload it to the Dealer Order Guides section where it will be available for download.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DjMatrok said:

Hey all!

I ordered my F350 SD CC LB Lariat in March of 2022. As of today, it's in Unscheduled clean status.

Does anyone have a time frame for a similar order like this?

Thanks!

Anywhere from 3 months to 16 months.

On 7/28/2022 at 4:49 PM, DjMatrok said:

Hey all!

I ordered my F350 SD CC LB Lariat in March of 2022. As of today, it's in Unscheduled clean status.

Thanks!

I ordered mine on 9/3/2021.  Still nothing.

I've seen others as far back as March 2021.  Yes, 16 months as akirby mentioned.

I picked up my 2022 Bronco Black Diamond that I ordered from the other dealer in my row with the first dealer. It is exactly as I ordered and I will enjoy it. If @cyberdman is still here, thank you for the assist. Point of order was 12/31/21, built 4/19/22, delivered to Dealer 7/25/22 (My birthday). I am 100% pleased with the process, the dealer sold me the 2022 without any ADM's and even honored the original MSRP when I ordered it, they also gave me every penny I paid for my 2021 Bronco Black Diamond that I bought in January. Tomorrow, I will be putting my Black Diamond aluminum rims on it and a few other small doo dads I picked up along the way.

image.thumb.png.4307c0de667d3f5e4e6745871b3de683.png

image.thumb.png.0811f8567aa79f8f6f09c104f0929e2b.png

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, twintornados said:

I picked up my 2022 Bronco Black Diamond that I ordered from the other dealer in my row with the first dealer. It is exactly as I ordered and I will enjoy it. If @cyberdman is still here, thank you for the assist. Point of order was 12/31/21, built 4/19/22, delivered to Dealer 7/25/22 (My birthday). I am 100% pleased with the process, the dealer sold me the 2022 without any ADM's and even honored the original MSRP when I ordered it, they also gave me every penny I paid for my 2021 Bronco Black Diamond that I bought in January. Tomorrow, I will be putting my Black Diamond aluminum rims on it and a few other small doo dads I picked up along the way.

image.thumb.png.4307c0de667d3f5e4e6745871b3de683.png

image.thumb.png.0811f8567aa79f8f6f09c104f0929e2b.png

Looks great.  My brother ordered his Bronco the last week of December.  He just got a VIN with a build date of the week of August 15th. 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2022 at 3:18 PM, twintornados said:

Point of order was 12/31/21, built 4/19/22, delivered to Dealer 7/25/22 .

I admit a surge of depression at the thought that my much-postponed build date might turn out to be three months before delivery to my dealer. Is this the norm? Common? Life in the Brave New World? 

Thanks for any clarification.

Mark 

On 7/28/2022 at 2:49 PM, DjMatrok said:

Hey all!

Thanks!

For what it's worth....

350, LBCC, Dually, Lariat Ultimate, no adaptive steering or cruise.   COVP order.  

Ordered 2/14

Scheduled for production 7/25 then bumped to 8/1

In production now for a couple of days

Seems like a lot of Lariats are being built so there is hope for you but don't hold your breath.  On the other hand, trucks will be built through most of December so there is time.  I wasn't expecting mine this soon but I think how a dealer manages it's unscheduled order bank has a little to do with how long it takes along with the commodity issues.  Platty's and Limited's are few and far between but they have the most commodity issues it seems.   

• Like 1