Ford Vehicle Ordering & Scheduling Process

8 hours ago, frenchs_33 said:

So when a dealer orders 10 trucks of various trims, do they hold them until they are all done or ship once completed?

Produced vehicles are released for shipping without regard to specific models, trim levels, etc. Vehicles are released for shipping independent of the type or status of any other vehicles. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have never special ordered a Ford before.... how does COVP affect build dates between different dealers.  A lot of what I am seeing online seems to be more focused on stock vehicle allocations.

In other words if I have two dealers, say A and B, how can I determine which dealer will get me my retail order first? Sure I can ask for a priority code of 10 a both, but other then that is it only based on other unprocessed retail orders from that dealer for F350s (or is it all retail vehicles that are unprocessed for that dealer ?) Does the dealer size matter for retail orders? What else can I do?

Thanks!

7 hours ago, Whaleya said:

I have never special ordered a Ford before.... how does COVP affect build dates between different dealers.  A lot of what I am seeing online seems to be more focused on stock vehicle allocations.

In other words if I have two dealers, say A and B, how can I determine which dealer will get me my retail order first? Sure I can ask for a priority code of 10 a both, but other then that is it only based on other unprocessed retail orders from that dealer for F350s (or is it all retail vehicles that are unprocessed for that dealer ?) Does the dealer size matter for retail orders? What else can I do?

Thanks!

A dealership's USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank), allocation and scheduling is independent of any other Dealers. 

We placed an order for a 2021 Mustang GT Premium on 8/18 (Iconic, 401A, Active exhaust, black accent, automatic, B&O), confirmed same day, VIN on 9/2, build week of 12/6.  I see other very similar builds on another forum where VIN received 2-3 weeks before ours with build weeks in early to mid October.  These would seem to indicate that our build date should be early November, not December.  I don't understand the timing of orders if as Ford says customer orders are fulfilled before dealer orders and orders are built in order received.  Also, I see unfulfilled orders, some as old as 6 months on these other forums yet dealers are still receiving their stock orders and have recent blend dates on cars they show in transit.  I'm not griping per se, just trying to understand the method to the madness bc it doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense.  Also, if a customer has received their VIN for a 2021 does that mean it will be built?  Ford won't invalidate the VIN, cancel the order and instruct customer to resubmit for 2022 when order banks open?  Thank you!

23 minutes ago, BabyPanza said:

We placed an order for a 2021 Mustang GT Premium on 8/18 (Iconic, 401A, Active exhaust, black accent, automatic, B&O), confirmed same day, VIN on 9/2, build week of 12/6.  I see other very similar builds on another forum where VIN received 2-3 weeks before ours with build weeks in early to mid October.  These would seem to indicate that our build date should be early November, not December.  I don't understand the timing of orders if as Ford says customer orders are fulfilled before dealer orders and orders are built in order received.  Also, I see unfulfilled orders, some as old as 6 months on these other forums yet dealers are still receiving their stock orders and have recent blend dates on cars they show in transit.  I'm not griping per se, just trying to understand the method to the madness bc it doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense.  Also, if a customer has received their VIN for a 2021 does that mean it will be built?  Ford won't invalidate the VIN, cancel the order and instruct customer to resubmit for 2022 when order banks open?  Thank you!

I'm curious as to where the information on your scheduled production week of 12/06/2021 came from as 2021 Mustangs are currently scheduling through late October. Dealers have 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system that provides all status information regarding order history, scheduling, production and shipping updates which can confirm your order status. 

Orders are not necessarily scheduled or produced in the order they are received depending on many factors including commodity restraints, supplier issues, the microchip shortage, interrupted plant schedules, etc. Don't include what you may have seen about orders for other vehicle lines as each vehicle line's scheduling and production is independent of any other. The number of retail customer orders has increased tremendously in the past year and has made the whole process much more involved as Ford continues to deal with the order logistics and related production issues.

Ford makes every effort to produce scheduled vehicles but there are no guarantees that a vehicle will be produced based on microchip, supplier, commodity and other factors affecting manufacturers in today's market.   

My build week comes from an email received from Ford.  The orders I'm referencing are mustang orders, in fact, they're almost exact same build as ours.  And yes, I understand from this forum that dealers have access to Vehicle Visibility system, but to your point made on here multiple times the dealers are either clueless or unhelpful to their customers.

B9D5202E-2D65-4ABD-9189-2A033EB1183E.jpeg

Edited by BabyPanza
Add email

25 minutes ago, BabyPanza said:

My build week comes from an email received from Ford.  The orders I'm referencing are mustang orders, in fact, they're almost exact same build as ours.  And yes, I understand from this forum that dealers have access to Vehicle Visibility system, but to your point made on here multiple times the dealers are either clueless or unhelpful to their customers.

B9D5202E-2D65-4ABD-9189-2A033EB1183E.jpeg

Thanks for the reply. The whole retail order system is a mess these days and there just doesn't seem to be a reason why Ford's e-mail is reporting a December production week. Have you talked to your Dealer or seen a copy of the Vehicle Visibility report with the most recent schedule information? I don't remember seeing reports of other Mustang orders with similar production dates but I look at so much information that it's difficult to keep track! 

On 6/10/2021 at 8:33 AM, ice-capades said:

Your Dealer is the best source for detailed information via the Vehicle Visibility system which is now displaying notices for produced vehicles being held due to the microchip shortage. They can provide you with a copy of the report showing the notice for your vehicle. Ford is doing everything they can to address the microchip shortage for vehicles being held but there's little if anything that can be done at the dealership level other than providing you with the latest information available from Ford. 

What could hold up a truck "in production" if there are no holds for parts?  Just showing "produced" for 3 weeks

29 minutes ago, mpd510 said:

What could hold up a truck "in production" if there are no holds for parts?  Just showing "produced" for 3 weeks

The first suggestion is to contact your Dealer. They can contact the appropriate regional representative at Ford that has the resources to find out what the reason for the holdup is. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The first suggestion is to contact your Dealer. They can contact the appropriate regional representative at Ford that has the resources to find out what the reason for the holdup is. 

Yea, I tried that.  That's where I got the info about it being produced and unfortunately, the GM at the dealership won't allow them to contact the REP for tracking unless it's 8 weeks.  Thanks, ICE!!

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Thanks for the reply. The whole retail order system is a mess these days and there just doesn't seem to be a reason why Ford's e-mail is reporting a December production week. Have you talked to your Dealer or seen a copy of the Vehicle Visibility report with the most recent schedule information? I don't remember seeing reports of other Mustang orders with similar production dates but I look at so much information that it's difficult to keep track! 

So I just checked with my dealer who verified through Vehicle Visibility that my new build week is 11/29 and it was verified through Ford as well and that 2021 production was pushed out to December for MY2021 Mustangs.  So much differing info out and about right now so guess I'll see.  Thanks Ice!

'22 Model Information from Twin Turbo, moderator on Mustang6G:

1. Job 1 is supposed to be January 3, 2022
  2. 2021MY ordering ends October 1, 2021.
  3. 2022MY Ordering opens October 11, 2021
  4. 2021MY Production ends on December 23, 2021
  5. 2022MY deliveries should be next February, reaching possibly up to March 2022.

• 4 weeks later...

Is it possible to switch dealers after an order is placed.... from everything I've seen I am pretty sure that it can't be done. I'm definitely not happy with the level of service and communication from the Sales rep I placed the order with.... he didn't even know how to do the order.... I basically had to take the keyboard from him and make the order myself... he seemed very green so to speak. Not very impressed with the sales manager either. I am too far in the process to cancel and wish there was a way to switch dealers. Hopefully I'm missing something though, but from everything I seen it is not a possibility. 

11 hours ago, PhoenixOdin77 said:

Is it possible to switch dealers after an order is placed.... from everything I've seen I am pretty sure that it can't be done. I'm definitely not happy with the level of service and communication from the Sales rep I placed the order with.... he didn't even know how to do the order.... I basically had to take the keyboard from him and make the order myself... he seemed very green so to speak. Not very impressed with the sales manager either. I am too far in the process to cancel and wish there was a way to switch dealers. Hopefully I'm missing something though, but from everything I seen it is not a possibility. 

No. The order banks are exclusive to each dealership and independent from any other dealership. You'd have to place a new order with a different Dealer. 

• 2 weeks later...

Curious if there's a ballpark estimate on how backed up the 2022 Escape PHEV orders are. I put an order in on 10/3 and I believe Ford was going to start production on the 2022s on 11/2.

Basically, do I have a reason to hope I'll be taking delivery by the end of 2021?

I placed an order for a super duty on 10/4 and I have received zero e-mails from Ford.  I called the marketing line and was told the order is in the system and the e-mails are 'glitchy'.  Give this, am I in the dark now for the duration of this process or will I get an email at some point when the truck gets scheduled?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Forderorder said:

Is it true that A/X/Z plan orders are prioritized before regular retail orders?  If so, how does this relate to the 10-19 priority codes?  And how can I confirm that my order was properly submitted with plan priority?  Thanks. 

Not true.  Everything goes by priority.

• Like 1

I have followup questions regarding priority.

Can a dealer charge the priority of an existing order?

Does an orders priority compare only to other orders from that same dealership? In other words does an order with priority 10 from Dealership A, trump an order with priority 19 from Dealership B down the street?

The reason I ask is my dealer (3rd order from this dealership) placed my order with Priority Code 19. When I asked if they would bump it, the response was; since mine was the only order for a 2022 Expedition I am the highest priority. Note, this is a small rural dealership and I may remain the only order for the 2022 Expedition.

Thanks

Dennis

41 minutes ago, dennis48755 said:

I have followup questions regarding priority.

Can a dealer charge the priority of an existing order?

Does an orders priority compare only to other orders from that same dealership? In other words does an order with priority 10 from Dealership A, trump an order with priority 19 from Dealership B down the street?

The reason I ask is my dealer (3rd order from this dealership) placed my order with Priority Code 19. When I asked if they would bump it, the response was; since mine was the only order for a 2022 Expedition I am the highest priority. Note, this is a small rural dealership and I may remain the only order for the 2022 Expedition.

Thanks

Dennis

Your dealer is correct.  It only matters within the dealership’s current orders.  You should get the very next allocation to that dealer assuming there isn’t some parts issue.

On 10/16/2021 at 5:18 PM, jblas16 said:

Curious if there's a ballpark estimate on how backed up the 2022 Escape PHEV orders are. I put an order in on 10/3 and I believe Ford was going to start production on the 2022s on 11/2.

Basically, do I have a reason to hope I'll be taking delivery by the end of 2021?

jblas, out of curiosity have you received your VIN yet?  I ordered a 2022 Corsair PHEV on 10/9, also made in Louisville so presumably our vehicles would generally be on a similar production timeline.  Haven't gotten a VIN or production date yet.  Thanks and good luck with your order!

4 hours ago, voidoid said:

jblas, out of curiosity have you received your VIN yet?  I ordered a 2022 Corsair PHEV on 10/9, also made in Louisville so presumably our vehicles would generally be on a similar production timeline.  Haven't gotten a VIN or production date yet.  Thanks and good luck with your order!

Hi, no, I haven't. I actually requested that my order be cancelled and the dealer is still playing games with me on this. Hoping you have better luck with your order!