Ford Vehicle Ordering & Scheduling Process

54 minutes ago, ShelbyKR said:

I have a question in regards to why my order has not received a Vin# after being in the USOB for 5 months.

Called my dealer today to add a option since the order has not been assigned a vin# and see what could be

done to get the vin assigned by the end of the year.  Dealer informed me that is out of their control.

I have read here on BlueOval the vin# is assigned at placement of order by dealership.

My order was placed 6/11/21.

F250 Tremor Lariat/ 6.7 Diesel

Sales code F41409

Order code H611

I am a little confused is the dealer not doing something correctly?

Negative, the VIN is assigned by Ford when your order is selected for scheduling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShelbyKR said:

I have a question in regards to why my order has not received a Vin# after being in the USOB for 5 months.

Called my dealer today to add a option since the order has not been assigned a vin# and see what could be

done to get the vin assigned by the end of the year.  Dealer informed me that is out of their control.

I have read here on BlueOval the vin# is assigned at placement of order by dealership.

My order was placed 6/11/21.

F250 Tremor Lariat/ 6.7 Diesel

Sales code F41409

Order code H611

I am a little confused is the dealer not doing something correctly?

The VIN number and production week are assigned at the time the order is scheduled. Submitting the order via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system only places it in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) so that it's available for scheduling subject to commodity restraints.  

Just want to give everyone an update after I had some conversation with my dealer. First of all I had them add a option to my order so when they do this do they

re enter the order or does it hold its place in the unscheduled order bank.  They changed the priority code from 19 to 11. The order was originally placed on 6/11/21. 

The new order form has todays date. I guess it doesn't matter if I get a Vin# established soon and a build date.  Received my first email from Ford today that the vehicle

order is placed. Just a little frustrated with the dealer I am using that it took five months to get this far.  Thanks everyone for your input!

28 minutes ago, ShelbyKR said:

Just want to give everyone an update after I had some conversation with my dealer. First of all I had them add a option to my order so when they do this do they

re enter the order or does it hold its place in the unscheduled order bank.  They changed the priority code from 19 to 11. The order was originally placed on 6/11/21. 

The new order form has todays date. I guess it doesn't matter if I get a Vin# established soon and a build date.  Received my first email from Ford today that the vehicle

order is placed. Just a little frustrated with the dealer I am using that it took five months to get this far.  Thanks everyone for your input!

Getting that change in riiiiiight before the price increase—well played!

8 hours ago, ShelbyKR said:

Adding an option to an unscheduled order does not require the Dealer to re-enter the order. They simply add the additional option. Your original order date stays the same but the WBDO displays the current date and Price Level Code for when the revised vehicle specifications were viewed and/or printed.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Adding an option to an unscheduled order does not require the Dealer to re-enter the order. They simply add the additional option. Your original order date stays the same but the WBDO displays the current date and Price Level Code for when the revised vehicle specifications were viewed and/or printed.  

Ice, does the converse work the same way?

When I have my Dealer remove an option, the original order date and price remains as it was? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, marinerjoe said:

Ice, does the converse work the same way?

When I have my Dealer remove an option, the original order date and price remains as it was? 

Yes. The retail order is price protected to the original order date. When the Dealer Invoice is created the invoice is generated at the Price Level Code in effect at the time the vehicle was actually produced. The Dealer then files a claim for the price protection adjustment back to the original Price Level Code in effect on the original order date. 

• Like 3

Hi first time poster here!

I placed an order with my dealer for a 2022 Ford Explorer ST back on 8/21. The order didn't actually go in until 10/6. I got an email from Ford saying it would be built on 12/13, but then I checked the site one day and it said it was in production and the window sticker appeared with a blend date of 11/23 and expected delivery date of 12/17. Since then, the tracker has been stuck at the 11/23 production date and then after a couple of weeks, the window sticker disappeared. I contacted my dealer to see if the delivery date was correct and they said they did expect it then, but had no other information. 

Well I had to stop by my dealership last weekend for another matter and asked while I was there if the date was still the same. They said they thought so, but would get back to me on Monday. I didn't hear back and finally contacted the Ford chat on Thursday and the agent I was chatting with, said it was delivered, but couldn't see dates in her system. I called my dealer and they said they hadn't seen it that day, but would let us know either way. 

My dealer contacted me yesterday and they still hadn't received my car. Since the Ford tracking website has been down, I haven't been able to check on it, but this morning I checked one of the other carrier sites and noticed that my car was delivered on the Cassens transport website. When I pulled up the delivery receipt, it shows it was delivered to the Auto Auction in Chicago. I'm new to the ordering process so I wasn't sure if they did something for Ford after production or not. Wanted to see maybe if anyone had any insight? I'm really excited for my car and I definitely don't want it going to someone else.

1 hour ago, racergirl12 said:

I placed an order with my dealer for a 2022 Ford Explorer ST back on 8/21. The order didn't actually go in until 10/6. I got an email from Ford saying it would be built on 12/13, but then I checked the site one day and it said it was in production and the window sticker appeared with a blend date of 11/23 and expected delivery date of 12/17. Since then, the tracker has been stuck at the 11/23 production date and then after a couple of weeks, the window sticker disappeared. I contacted my dealer to see if the delivery date was correct and they said they did expect it then, but had no other information. 

Well I had to stop by my dealership last weekend for another matter and asked while I was there if the date was still the same. They said they thought so, but would get back to me on Monday. I didn't hear back and finally contacted the Ford chat on Thursday and the agent I was chatting with, said it was delivered, but couldn't see dates in her system. I called my dealer and they said they hadn't seen it that day, but would let us know either way. 

My dealer contacted me yesterday and they still hadn't received my car. Since the Ford tracking website has been down, I haven't been able to check on it, but this morning I checked one of the other carrier sites and noticed that my car was delivered on the Cassens transport website. When I pulled up the delivery receipt, it shows it was delivered to the Auto Auction in Chicago. I'm new to the ordering process so I wasn't sure if they did something for Ford after production or not. Wanted to see maybe if anyone had any insight? I'm really excited for my car and I definitely don't want it going to someone else.

The 2022 Explorer USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opened on 07/30/2021, you placed your order on 08/21, scheduling started on 09/23 and your Dealer didn't submit your order until 10/06/2021? Now that's incompetence at a whole new level!

Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility reporting system that includes the complete order history including order, scheduling, production and shipping status updates up to and including delivery to the dealership. If the vehicle was delivered, the dealership would also have the Bill of Lading (BOL) signed by the car carrier driver if it was delivered after hours or Subject to Inspection (STI). If it was delivered during business hours and received by dealership personnel that inspected the vehicle, the BOL would also include a dealership representative's signature accepting the vehicle. If this was a retail factory order, it certainly shouldn't have been delivered to an auction site! There are times when a vehicle gets delivered to the wrong location but that's very rare. If your Dealer doesn't have the vehicle, they should certainly contact the auction to see if it's there based on what you've posted.  

On 11/21/2021 at 1:48 PM, Ford Username said:

Aren't the 2022 XLT SDs supposed to have 8" LCD Screens.  I only have SYNC 3.  My window sticker doesn't say anything about the screen size but the Ford build states it is a 8" screen but when I go to the Ford Order tracking tool it says 4.2"?

Screenshot_20211121-104334_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f482aa976d810f0edc0cca2abb4c6e46.jpgScreenshot_20211121-104334_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f482aa976d810f0edc0cca2abb4c6e46.jpgScreenshot_20211121-104446_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ac6700a5c21ed5ec5d93254745c092d4.jpg

Screenshot_20211121-104420_Chrome.jpg

Isn't the 4.2" screen in the instrument cluster.  Separate from the sync screen

On 12/12/2021 at 9:34 AM, racergirl12 said:

Frustrating the tracking site is down. How were you able to find information from a transport website?

Hey all - I'm at 175 days since the order for my F-350 was submitted back in June. I got the VIN a month or so later, but the build was pushed 6 times. The truck finally went into "In Production" status last Thursday, 12/9/2021, according to the info I got from the dealer.  Fast forward --- Went to the dealer today to get a status update since it's been a week and rumor has it that it should be built by now. The dealer gives me the Navy Airman Salute and says it's still in production and I can't tell you anything else.  I do not buy it. Sorry. Not being a jerk about it but there has to be some kind of status update I can get from somewhere. Can someone tell me how to get a current status on the build of my truck? I have heard the plant in KY shuts down for 2 or 3 weeks later this month and if the truck is not built and on the rails headed to me before they shut down that I will be waiting well into January for the truck.  I need to make plans based on when I can reasonably expect the truck to show up.

Thanks - a retired Navy Chief just looking for answers...

16 hours ago, bhidalgo63 said:

Hey all - I'm at 175 days since the order for my F-350 was submitted back in June. I got the VIN a month or so later, but the build was pushed 6 times. The truck finally went into "In Production" status last Thursday, 12/9/2021, according to the info I got from the dealer.  Fast forward --- Went to the dealer today to get a status update since it's been a week and rumor has it that it should be built by now. The dealer gives me the Navy Airman Salute and says it's still in production and I can't tell you anything else.  I do not buy it. Sorry. Not being a jerk about it but there has to be some kind of status update I can get from somewhere. Can someone tell me how to get a current status on the build of my truck? I have heard the plant in KY shuts down for 2 or 3 weeks later this month and if the truck is not built and on the rails headed to me before they shut down that I will be waiting well into January for the truck.  I need to make plans based on when I can reasonably expect the truck to show up.

Thanks - a retired Navy Chief just looking for answers...

You're dealer appears to not give a shit.  

Go in and as for a copy of your VVR (Vehicle Visibility Report) - The dealer can see up-to-date status on your rig.  ie., my tracker shows "In Production" with a date of 12/11/21 - My dealer pulls my VVR once a week for me and as of yesterday it showed my truck was "BUILD" and "MOVED OFF SITE" - I assume for the 5th Wheel Prep package and POSSIBLY the mudflaps.  

So YES - your dealer does have more information if they chose to take the time to actually look. 

This is just my 2¢

On 12/13/2021 at 5:31 PM, RPD said:

Frustrating the tracking site is down. How were you able to find information from a transport website?

My car on the site still shows in production since 11/23, but I know it's already built. Went to the dealer last Monday night after finding out it got delivered to an Auto Auction House outside Chicago. They said they were aware of the issue and had a truck on the way to get it. It has now been a week and I haven't heard a damn thing from them other than its not here yet.

I was on the dealer site Friday night and noticed my car showed up as "IN STOCK", but when I called up there, it still wasn't there. I've looked at all the tracking sites, talked to reps at Ford who say they can only see that it was delivered to the first location and nothing from the dealer. I understand waiting is the hardest part, but this has been nothing more than a pain. I just want my car and not the freaking run around. 

8 hours ago, bhidalgo63 said:

Received word that the truck shipped out on a train headed to me here in Florida.

How do I find out shipping info so that I can track movement as it heads down here to me?

Thanks.

Your Dealer has the rail carrier and rail car number information in the Vehicle Visibility report that they can access 24/7. The default report view is only one line showing the current status. They may have to look at the "Full Table" view to see the rail information, etc. 

THanks. I will get with them about that tomorrow.

9 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Your Dealer has the rail carrier and rail car number information in the Vehicle Visibility report that they can access 24/7. The default report view is only one line showing the current status. They may have to look at the "Full Table" view to see the rail information, etc. 

Thanks. I will get with them on that tomorrow. 

On 12/15 I received a confirmation email from Ford that my F150 has been built and the estimate for delivery from DTP to my dealer is between 12/21 and 12/27. Palsapp still show it pending. With the factory being shut down for the next week, does that mean trucks awaiting shipping are delayed too, or do they still ship during the shutdown?