Ford Vehicle Ordering & Scheduling Process

23 minutes ago, jflottawa said:

The dealer can't go greater than 10, right?

I got mine upgraded to a 10 last week, but now from what I understand it's time to wait to see when Ford schedules next!

If you mean numerically lower that’s correct - only the zone rep can do priority 1 or 2.

• Like 1

So I ordered an F450 Platinum on 11/30 with priority of 16.  Any suggestions how to convince the dealer to lower it?  I have asked the salesman and the sales manager and both told me the priority 10 to 19 mean nothing.  That as long as it is 19 or under they are treated the same.  Sounds like dealer BS to me but any info I can use in the argument?  Thanks for any help!

maybe because the priority code is relevant to orders within the same dealer and maybe because you're one of the few that has ordered an F450 from this dealership?

My (lamens) understanding is that the priority code 10-19 is for within the allocations of the specific dealer. When your dealer's turn comes up for scheduling F450s - if they had tons of F450s on order then the priority code would matter to get you ahead of other F450 customers - again only for this dealership...

Wow, that was a ramble - but that's how murky it is in my mind too! 

56 minutes ago, TJAldridge said:

So I ordered an F450 Platinum on 11/30 with priority of 16.  Any suggestions how to convince the dealer to lower it?  I have asked the salesman and the sales manager and both told me the priority 10 to 19 mean nothing.  That as long as it is 19 or under they are treated the same.  Sounds like dealer BS to me but any info I can use in the argument?  Thanks for any help!

It’s BS but may not be a problem.  If there are no other orders below 16 then you’re first in line.  

Thanks akirby and Jflottawa!  I have been told, the only other 450 ordered before me is being delivered in a week or two.  That guy ordered about four weeks before I did.  My hope is mine comes in mid-May so I can put some miles on before a June camping trip.  Fingers crossed it works out that way.  I may still have another conversation with the sales manager to see if they can do anything for me.  Who would have thought things would be this rocky.  My friend ordered a 450 last June 1 and received it Oct 10, but that was from a different dealer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TJAldridge said:

Thanks akirby and Jflottawa!  I have been told, the only other 450 ordered before me is being delivered in a week or two.  That guy ordered about four weeks before I did.  My hope is mine comes in mid-May so I can put some miles on before a June camping trip.  Fingers crossed it works out that way.  I may still have another conversation with the sales manager to see if they can do anything for me.  Who would have thought things would be this rocky.  My friend ordered a 450 last June 1 and received it Oct 10, but that was from a different dealer.

Your friend was very lucky, or had a real basic F-450, as many F-450 orders from July/Aug/Sept are just being built now. My F-450 KRU was ordered in August and should be built Friday. Hoping for delivery by mid-May.

Good luck getting scheduled.

On 4/6/2022 at 10:47 AM, Rangers09 said:

Your friend was very lucky, or had a real basic F-450, as many F-450 orders from July/Aug/Sept are just being built now. My F-450 KRU was ordered in August and should be built Friday. Hoping for delivery by mid-May.

Good luck getting scheduled.

When he ordered, he planned on not getting it until sometime Jan-Feb.  He ordered a Lariat Ultimate with the sunroof, no ad steering, no ad cruise, no bed liner, but all other options.  So I guess he got very fortunate.  Oh well I guess I will get mine at some point in the future...   

Maybe this has been addressed but I have not come across it. What happens at the factory when they don't schedule builds for 3 weeks like the explorer plant in Chicago, are they still building, getting caught up on units that were not complete, or just not producing anything? Thanks!

32 minutes ago, tntlars said:

Maybe this has been addressed but I have not come across it. What happens at the factory when they don't schedule builds for 3 weeks like the explorer plant in Chicago, are they still building, getting caught up on units that were not complete, or just not producing anything? Thanks!

Scheduling and production are independent of each other. Just because orders may not be scheduled one week doesn't interrupt production at the plant that was planned and scheduled previously. Order scheduling varies depending on several factors and scheduling often includes several weeks, sometimes up to 5-6 weeks of production.  

• 2 weeks later...

I've been reading through this forum looking for answers but I am confused about one thing. I ordered my Escape Hybrid through my local dealer. It is a smaller dealership. I received an email from Ford confirming my order and then three subsequent emails from Ford regarding my production week, which keeps getting pushed to the next following week in each email. I also have a VIN number. Does this mean the dealer verification process has occurred? I put down a deposit, but I do not remember providing my driver's license. It seems Ford sees my order as legitimate, since they are continuing to communicate with me directly. Sorry if the subject has been beaten to death. It's a lot to take in.

3 hours ago, MyGreatEscape said:

I've been reading through this forum looking for answers but I am confused about one thing. I ordered my Escape Hybrid through my local dealer. It is a smaller dealership. I received an email from Ford confirming my order and then three subsequent emails from Ford regarding my production week, which keeps getting pushed to the next following week in each email. I also have a VIN number. Does this mean the dealer verification process has occurred? I put down a deposit, but I do not remember providing my driver's license. It seems Ford sees my order as legitimate, since they are continuing to communicate with me directly. Sorry if the subject has been beaten to death. It's a lot to take in.

You have a VIN and a build date - at this point it doesn’t matter if it was COVP or not.  You’re just waiting on parts.

Is CVOP required for Mach-e Orders,, if ordered online?  The dealer I ordered with said nothing further is required, but I have read that others were required to submit their ID for verification. Just want to make sure everything was done correctly, since I have yet to receive a build date. 

On 3/20/2022 at 10:38 AM, Denwen said:

@ice-capades the last plant downtime shows 3 weeks downtime in June in Kansas City for the Transits, but it references the 2023 Transit. Last week it still talked about 2022 Transit. Would this indicate that MY22 Transit orders not built by June will not be built?

@ice-capades Question about the same downtime schedule: one file (last updated a month or so ago) still says KC downtime 6/20, 6/27 and 7/4, but from what you posted today, Transits are being scheduled next week for 6/20?

14 hours ago, Denwen said:

@ice-capades Question about the same downtime schedule: one file (last updated a month or so ago) still says KC downtime 6/20, 6/27 and 7/4, but from what you posted today, Transits are being scheduled next week for 6/20?

The Job #1 Date for the 2023 Transit isn't until 08/22/2022. Scheduled plant down time can be used for any number of reasons besides Model Year changeover. 

31 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The Job #1 Date for the 2023 Transit isn't until 08/22/2022. Scheduled plant down time can be used for any number of reasons besides Model Year changeover. 

To piggyback on this. Since model year changeover isn't always a long process like the old days (not usually many, if any body changes on a year to year basis like there used to be) usually shutdown periods are used for maintenance and upgrades on plant equipment. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Sorry, i wasn't clear, but the updates you made already answered my question so no issue. 

What i was referring to was that this post showed 3 weeks downtime starting on 6/20 

But this post showed scheduling for the Transits for week of 6/20. 

but i see that the downtime was moved a week to 6/27. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the production numbers for the Transits, Ford is significantly below 2021.

https://fordauthority.com/fmc/ford-motor-company-sales-numbers/ford-sales-numbers/ford-transit-sales-numbers/

And with MY23 production starting on 8/22, there are only 4 more scheduling weeks left.

Is there any info out there about how many orders are still "unscheduled - clean"? Or more importantly, how many orders will be cancelled/balanced out?

@ice-capades do you have any insights?

Edited by Denwen

10 hours ago, Denwen said:

Looking at the production numbers for the Transits, Ford is significantly below 2021.

https://fordauthority.com/fmc/ford-motor-company-sales-numbers/ford-sales-numbers/ford-transit-sales-numbers/

And with MY23 production starting on 8/22, there are only 4 more scheduling weeks left.

Is there any info out there about how many orders are still "unscheduled - clean"? Or more importantly, how many orders will be cancelled/balanced out?

@ice-capades do you have any insights?

Ford does not normally state how many orders are in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) unless the information benefits Ford as a marketing tool. Any information regarding the number of unscheduled 2022MY Transit retail orders that could be cancelled is proprietary to Ford and not released. Any related discussion is premature and just speculation unless Ford issues a statement at a future date.    

Ordered an Escape PHEV here in Canada mid April. Last Friday I noticed on my dealers website a vehicle show up matching my order, so I tried it's VIN and my order number on the Ford Canada order tracking site. The combo worked and It showed the order as confirmed, but no estimated production date yet.

If I understand the process right, since there is a VIN now, it's been scheduled? And would that most likely be in the last two weeks of August that just got scheduled that Friday?

4 hours ago, Gorthek said:

Ordered an Escape PHEV here in Canada mid April. Last Friday I noticed on my dealers website a vehicle show up matching my order, so I tried it's VIN and my order number on the Ford Canada order tracking site. The combo worked and It showed the order as confirmed, but no estimated production date yet.

If I understand the process right, since there is a VIN now, it's been scheduled? And would that most likely be in the last two weeks of August that just got scheduled that Friday?

Yes. The VIN numbers and initial scheduled production week are assigned at the time the order is scheduled. Your Dealer can tell you the actual assigned production week. 

On 5/17/2022 at 5:56 AM, ice-capades said:

Yes. The VIN numbers and initial scheduled production week are assigned at the time the order is scheduled. Your Dealer can tell you the actual assigned production week. 

yeah..... um....  NO!   I got a VIN in January and a build date of early March (it's so long ago I forget the exact date).   Guess where my truck is now?......  here is a hint....  not started yet...  now it will (supposedly, according to Ford) be built starting June 9th....   

still waiting on a KRU, SRW, LB, 4x4 with ALL options....    I'm thinking that waiting for a ride to the moon would be more promising.....