Ford Vehicle Ordering & Scheduling Process

So I got a update on my GT500 today I was told by my dealership its scheduled to be built the week of Oct.19th. I asked them if there was any way to make a change to the order this lateand they weren't sure. I ordered it with Recaros but didn't know if I could go back to the base seats and order the Recaro separate? Does anyone know when it's too late to make a change to my order ? Its not a huge deal but I would change it if I could. 

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Once it is scheduled you can't change the order. 

Agreed. I've never had a Shelby GT350/GT500 customer try to change their scheduled order but the scheduling is done by the regional offices and there are commodity restrictions in place for many dealers. FYI... only the larger Shelby dealers can order the painted racing stripes on a GT500. All other dealers are restricted to the vinyl stripes. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2020 at 7:00 AM, Froggie said:

Thank you ?

Everything is not fixed but I hope it will be soon.

Here is the review I wrote on the Lincoln Survey :

This is the worst experience I had in a long time. After waiting 4 months my Aviator GT I finally received a call from the Sales manager (I never had answers to my questions during the wait, I received all the information about my car thru the blueoval forum from the Ford guys, those people are amazing and this forum is a big help). This Thursday the Sales Manager told me that my car had scratches from the transport and asked me to come on Monday. Monday noon I was here , nothing has been done. Seeing that I was angry he told me to come back at four. Before that we had to do the paperwork. I signed a lot of documents plus a credit application, I was surprised because I paid cash, they wanted my incomes and bank information, I was puzzled and asked why, at the end they say : "ok write down your name and sign, that's it".
Then I went to the financial department where a lady asked a lot of signatures and offered me a lot of options. The first one was an 995$ alarm , I asked many times if the car had an alarm, nobody was able to answer me, so I accepted the alarm, the lady told me that I will be contacted in the next 2 days and somebody will show up to my place to do the installation. It's now 10 days and I saw nothing coming , no need to say that I tried to contact the lady and left message but as always no answer. I discovered after that the car has an alarm with indoor and outdoor sensors.  After that I returned to my hotel to be prepared for the 4pm delivery. At 4 I discovered the most crappy job ever, they put some paint on the scratches , horrible. Seeing me so horrified the Sales Manager asked me to bring back the car for two days. The round trip to the dealer is 5 hours plus two hotel nights, I asked him if the Lincoln dealer near my home could do the painting, he said yes. Another thing : when I built my car on the Lincoln site I chose an accessory (front and rear dash cams), during the four months waiting for my car I asked who was doing the installation, I never had an answer. So when I had the Sales Manger on the phone the Thursday I asked him the same question , he had to tell me something, he said that he asked the workshop and the cost could be 750$, I said OK. BUT on Monday he said something different : first he didn't have the accessory and second I would be a guinea pig because nobody did the installation before and he didn't recommend it !!!! just FYI I found near my home a garage who is doing a lot of modifications  on cars and charge 300$ to do the installation with no visible cables. Now probably you would ask why I chose Lincoln La Mesa so far away from my place ? I checked with a lot of dealers and they offered me a very good discount (5000$ difference with the Palm Springs dealer). I understand now but maybe I am wrong why they did that. I received the discount from the Witt family and they sold the dealership to Penske Jr, just assuming not sure.
But now I deeply regret no to have chosen the Palm Springs dealer because the people there are very helpful and nice, they first tried to join Penske Lincoln with no success (of course) and left messages because they needed the paper from the carrier to do the paint job. The next day they call me that everything was OK. Right now the car is in their body shop.
So this an awful experience, and I'm just thinking maybe it's because I'm French and they don't like European , I don't know, I hope not and maybe it's because I'm not American and I see thing differently, BUT my American friend was with me and she was horrified by the situation and I had to calm her.
Now the car will be fixed but what about the alarm ? I sent a text asking if this alarm was really a big improvement and in that case I confirmed my order , if not I asked for a refund. It's now 4 days and no answer, what can I do ?
Just to finish this I know that the name Penske is very prestigious so I am really surprised to find their people so incompetent , something has to be done but for now stay away from that dealer.
And the Aviator GT ? : a blessing , I love that car and it is giving me all I was waiting for. I had a Porsche in France and that brand is a must but really with the Aviator, Lincoln did really good. 
Sorry to be so long but I hope that you People, at Lincoln could do something to avoid this kind of situation in the future.

For the people on the forum : I will keep you posted if I receive a reaction from Lincoln.

On 9/23/2020 at 5:14 PM, Froggie said:

Everything is not fixed but I hope it will be soon.

Here is the review I wrote on the Lincoln Survey :

This is the worst experience I had in a long time. After waiting 4 months my Aviator GT I finally received a call from the Sales manager (I never had answers to my questions during the wait, I received all the information about my car thru the blueoval forum from the Ford guys, those people are amazing and this forum is a big help). This Thursday the Sales Manager told me that my car had scratches from the transport and asked me to come on Monday. Monday noon I was here , nothing has been done. Seeing that I was angry he told me to come back at four. Before that we had to do the paperwork. I signed a lot of documents plus a credit application, I was surprised because I paid cash, they wanted my incomes and bank information, I was puzzled and asked why, at the end they say : "ok write down your name and sign, that's it".
Then I went to the financial department where a lady asked a lot of signatures and offered me a lot of options. The first one was an 995$ alarm , I asked many times if the car had an alarm, nobody was able to answer me, so I accepted the alarm, the lady told me that I will be contacted in the next 2 days and somebody will show up to my place to do the installation. It's now 10 days and I saw nothing coming , no need to say that I tried to contact the lady and left message but as always no answer. I discovered after that the car has an alarm with indoor and outdoor sensors.  After that I returned to my hotel to be prepared for the 4pm delivery. At 4 I discovered the most crappy job ever, they put some paint on the scratches , horrible. Seeing me so horrified the Sales Manager asked me to bring back the car for two days. The round trip to the dealer is 5 hours plus two hotel nights, I asked him if the Lincoln dealer near my home could do the painting, he said yes. Another thing : when I built my car on the Lincoln site I chose an accessory (front and rear dash cams), during the four months waiting for my car I asked who was doing the installation, I never had an answer. So when I had the Sales Manger on the phone the Thursday I asked him the same question , he had to tell me something, he said that he asked the workshop and the cost could be 750$, I said OK. BUT on Monday he said something different : first he didn't have the accessory and second I would be a guinea pig because nobody did the installation before and he didn't recommend it !!!! just FYI I found near my home a garage who is doing a lot of modifications  on cars and charge 300$ to do the installation with no visible cables. Now probably you would ask why I chose Lincoln La Mesa so far away from my place ? I checked with a lot of dealers and they offered me a very good discount (5000$ difference with the Palm Springs dealer). I understand now but maybe I am wrong why they did that. I received the discount from the Witt family and they sold the dealership to Penske Jr, just assuming not sure.
But now I deeply regret no to have chosen the Palm Springs dealer because the people there are very helpful and nice, they first tried to join Penske Lincoln with no success (of course) and left messages because they needed the paper from the carrier to do the paint job. The next day they call me that everything was OK. Right now the car is in their body shop.
So this an awful experience, and I'm just thinking maybe it's because I'm French and they don't like European , I don't know, I hope not and maybe it's because I'm not American and I see thing differently, BUT my American friend was with me and she was horrified by the situation and I had to calm her.
Now the car will be fixed but what about the alarm ? I sent a text asking if this alarm was really a big improvement and in that case I confirmed my order , if not I asked for a refund. It's now 4 days and no answer, what can I do ?
Just to finish this I know that the name Penske is very prestigious so I am really surprised to find their people so incompetent , something has to be done but for now stay away from that dealer.
And the Aviator GT ? : a blessing , I love that car and it is giving me all I was waiting for. I had a Porsche in France and that brand is a must but really with the Aviator, Lincoln did really good. 
Sorry to be so long but I hope that you People, at Lincoln could do something to avoid this kind of situation in the future.

For the people on the forum : I will keep you posted if I receive a reaction from Lincoln.

My GT has been fixed beautifully by the Palm Springs Dealer. I regret the choice I made when I ordered the car. Money is not everything.

I want now enjoy my car and forget about the miserable experience I had with Penske Lincoln La Mesa. 

I will be wiser in the future. 

• Like 1

My truck (dealer ordered) has supposedly sitting in the rail yard in Toronto since Sept. 10. According to my dealer there is no method of determining when it will actually land on his lot. I sold my 2010 privately for $2000 more than the dealer offered on trade, but now I have been truckless for what seems like a very long time. My Fusion wasn't built for some of the stuff I have been hauling in it. Is there no way of expediting the process?

On 10/1/2020 at 3:56 PM, Froggie said:

My GT has been fixed beautifully by the Palm Springs Dealer. I regret the choice I made when I ordered the car. Money is not everything.

I want now enjoy my car and forget about the miserable experience I had with Penske Lincoln La Mesa. 

I will be wiser in the future. 

I purchased my BL Nautilus from Witt, they had been sold to Penske but had not moved to La Mesa yet.  They had a week to prep the Nautilus for delivery but did nothing, interior dirty, grease smudges so my BL experience no different then a second rate used car dealer.

34 minutes ago, Bushwhacker1 said:

My truck (dealer ordered) has supposedly sitting in the rail yard in Toronto since Sept. 10. According to my dealer there is no method of determining when it will actually land on his lot. I sold my 2010 privately for $2000 more than the dealer offered on trade, but now I have been truckless for what seems like a very long time. My Fusion wasn't built for some of the stuff I have been hauling in it. Is there no way of expediting the process?

If the Toronto rail yard is the final destination by rail, your Dealer would know which car carrier will deliver it to the dealership. The Dealer should already have contacted them or their Ford manager to expedite delivery.  

6 hours ago, T hawker said:

I purchased my BL Nautilus from Witt, they had been sold to Penske but had not moved to La Mesa yet.  They had a week to prep the Nautilus for delivery but did nothing, interior dirty, grease smudges so my BL experience no different then a second rate used car dealer.

Same thing for me. Ordered from Witt. then nothing. The new guy in charge Matthew doesn't answer your questions (call, text or Email). For a 90,000.00$ car nobody explains anything, not even a little drive for the basics. Warning in the financial department you have a lady Kathy who try to sell you a lot of options. She sold me an alarm for 995$, I asked her if the car had already one, she didn't know. Now I ask for refund because the GT has an alarm with outdoor and indoor sensors, but no answer. Last thing you can do : call the Lincoln concierge. Very bad experience. But the Aviator GT is nice.

My truck arrived over the weekend and I pick it up on Thursday. My dealer HAD been in touch with the manager. He thinks that because it was originally ordered for stock, that it would have a "stock" sticker on it and the shippers would see that and pass by.

Anyway, all is good, thanks for the information, now if it only hadn't been too late to change the colour to Red when I decided to buy it. My wife will like the Iconic Silver better.

39 minutes ago, Bushwhacker1 said:

My truck arrived over the weekend and I pick it up on Thursday. My dealer HAD been in touch with the manager. He thinks that because it was originally ordered for stock, that it would have a "stock" sticker on it and the shippers would see that and pass by.

Anyway, all is good, thanks for the information, now if it only hadn't been too late to change the colour to Red when I decided to buy it. My wife will like the Iconic Silver better.

If you bought it before it was scheduled, they could have changed the order type and priority code. For several years now, retail orders are shipped with green Window Stickers for easy identification in the shipping process. Otherwise, all your Dealer had to do was contact the car carrier and give then the VIN number and the carrier would have "hot listed" the vehicle for expedited delivery to the dealership.  

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know of any issues currently at FRAP? I ordered a new Mustang Convertible in September, received my VIN and have been tracking through Alumzilla. Info i had showed the car was built Oct 28 and originally had an eta to arrive in Calgary December 1. Since then the date has now changed to December 26. After chasing my dealer they finally told me that "there are current delays at that plant". Today the status has now gone back to "In Production" with no change in the dates. 

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

10 hours ago, Steve74 said:

Does anyone know of any issues currently at FRAP? I ordered a new Mustang Convertible in September, received my VIN and have been tracking through Alumzilla. Info i had showed the car was built Oct 28 and originally had an eta to arrive in Calgary December 1. Since then the date has now changed to December 26. After chasing my dealer they finally told me that "there are current delays at that plant". Today the status has now gone back to "In Production" with no change in the dates. 

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

I'm not aware of any issues at FRAP. If the vehicle was actually built October 28th and released it shouldn't be showing "In Production" status. You should be talking to management at the dealership, if you're not already, about the delay and they should be contacting their Ford representative that can look into it further after all this time. Yes, there are times when there are shipping delays out of Flat Rock and I'd expect some delays for vehicles going to Canada because of the lower volume of vehicles going there.