Why Did Transit Sales Drop Almost 70% In July

bdegrand

I was looking at Transit Sales last month and wondered why they dropped so much. The Dodge ProMaster Competitor sold about the same as the Transit...which usually outsells it by 5000 to 6000 more each month.

I believer there was a recall on the Transit, necessitating a "hold" order from Ford, not allowing them to be sold. I'm not sure if it has been lifted yet or not.

• Like 1

I believer there was a recall on the Transit, necessitating a "hold" order from Ford, not allowing them to be sold. I'm not sure if it has been lifted yet or not.

New Transits are available for sale but I think they're still repairing the older ones.

• Like 1

While the Dodge Promaster has been getting all the USPS business, I did see a new Transit in USPS service the other day.

I didn't realize how Dodge Promaster has captured the USPS business. Over 12,000 units and additional 3500 from last September. I wonder why Ford didn't compete...or maybe they did. Either way, Promasters are the van of choice! (I just love that beautiful front fascia)

http://www.autonews.com/article/20150214/OEM/302169967/postal-services-next-gen-van-carries-a-%246-billion-prize#

Edited by bdegrand