Ford Products Timeline

Seems like this really isn't Ford official...they are blending MY/CY together.

Example:

2019 Ranger Debut-its a 2019 MY, but that truck will be on dealer lots by the end of next year

Other examples:

C-Segment Crossover/Model E- they won't launch till 2019 and will be most likely 2020 products. Heck they haven't broke ground at Flat Rock to start making the Model E there yet..and we are 3 months out from 2018.

Mustang-2021 MY

Expedition Hybrid before the F-150? I don't think so.

2019 Ranger Debut-its a 2019 MY, but that truck will be on dealer lots by the end of next year

that might be a stretch depending on when Job 1 officially lands.

Heck they haven't broke ground at Flat Rock to start making the Model E there yet..and we are 3 months out from 2018.

They broke ground on something (kinda strange there wasn't any hoopla about it) not long ago. I just noticed it last week when I drove by the side of the plant I don't normally drive by.

Mustang-2021 MY

?

Expedition Hybrid before the F-150? I don't think so.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA yeah no I agree

If the plant goes down in May, I don't see any reason why they can't get trucks to for sale by December.

Well

If what the launch team guy told me is accurate, the actual retooling work will take 6 weeks, then who knows how long after that they are planning on having everything up and running enough to begin production. I've heard September and I've heard November for Job 1

The same issue of Auto News article shows a list that includes/reports "another hybrid police vehicle (besides Fusion) timing unknown", and immediately after that on the list is "2 more electrified vehicles timing unknown". I want to believe this means the next Explorer and the Aviator will get hybrid variants (PIH?), and perhaps the PIU will move to the new Explorer chassis at that time.

that would make more sense if they were built in the same plant

I mean piloting as in getting the powertrain out there, not as in preparing for production. Given the need for electrification to meet CAFE standards and the platform similarities between F150 and Expedition, I would expect that what's done to the Expedition line to accommodate the hybrid powertrain would also have to be done at DTP and/or KCAP (or vice versa), so it should be able to work either way.

I mean piloting as in getting the powertrain out there, not as in preparing for production. Given the need for electrification to meet CAFE standards and the platform similarities between F150 and Expedition, I would expect that what's done to the Expedition line to accommodate the hybrid powertrain would also have to be done at DTP and/or KCAP (or vice versa), so it should be able to work either way.

Not to mention you don't want a major problem to surface on your flagship product.

Well

If what the launch team guy told me is accurate, the actual retooling work will take 6 weeks, then who knows how long after that they are planning on having everything up and running enough to begin production. I've heard September and I've heard November for Job 1

How long after Job 1 does it usually take before vehicles go on sale? Not having had a car payment for the past seven years means I need to start planning now...

How long after Job 1 does it usually take before vehicles go on sale? Not having had a car payment for the past seven years means I need to start planning now...

They have to go 5 consecutive days with no build errors after job 1 before the ok to buy is given - at that point retail (sold) vehicles are scheduled and vehicles that come off the assembly line are shipped immediately. Prior to OK to buy they only build dealer stock and they are held for inspection and repair before shipping. I would expect to see dealer stock show up around 4-6 weeks after job 1 but in some cases it could be 2-3 months.

I said almost nothing. As in, there was a lot of blank space in those columns.

No, that wasn't directed at you. More at them - as in Expedition and Navigator are all new in 2018 for the first time since 2003, yet they show the minor refresh Explorer and completely-unchanged-for-2018 Continental on their new product launch chart.

Here's an article from them too:

http://www.autonews.com/article/20170828/OEM04/170829799/ford-will-ease-into-evs

Their timeline for Escape/MKC doesn't make sense. They're saying Escape and MKC will get hybrids/Plug ins for 2019. While we have seen next-gen Escape mules already, MKC is looking like just a refresh for 2019, so not sure how they'd be adding those to the MKC lineup. Next-gen models for sure, but not the current ones.