2019 Ranger Rumors

One thing that needs to be considered is the fact that Ford may choose to use the same basic cab configurations for all markets meaning they could share the sheet metal from the windshield back between all four manufacturing plants (South Africa, Thailand, Argentina and MAP). They have already stated that the North American versions will get unique front clips but that does not mean the rest of the cab(s) could not be shared which opens up a lot of possibilities.

GM went a different route with the Colorado as it does not share as many body parts between the various markets/plants. Advantage: Ford.

Having said that, if you look at Ford's official 2019 Ranger web page, it still seems to be pushing the Ranger as a lifestyle vehicle, not a work truck. From that perspective, they seem to be following the Colorado game plan. Not sure how well a reg cab shortbed 2wd mid-size truck would fit that mold.

Then again, that web page hasn't been touched since January. Management teams and their plans can change pretty severely over that amount of time, as we have seen...

Hmm. That one slipped by me somehow. Honestly I've mostly written off the 04-14 trucks. They're just too heavy. They weigh as much or more than a 3/4 ton from a decade prior.

The numbers for the 2015+ trucks look a lot better. However the aluminum is new tech and I like to wait a min of 10 years before embracing new tech. That way all the issues are already known by the time I have to deal with them. So maybe by 2025 I'll have a completely informed opinion about the 2015+ trucks.

Posted by blksn882

One thing that needs to be considered is the fact that Ford may choose to use the same basic cab configurations for all markets meaning they could share the sheet metal from the windshield back between all four manufacturing plants (South Africa, Thailand, Argentina and MAP). They have already stated that the North American versions will get unique front clips but that does not mean the rest of the cab(s) could not be shared which opens up a lot of possibilities.

GM went a different route with the Colorado as it does not share as many body parts between the various markets/plants. Advantage: Ford.

Having said that, if you look at Ford's official 2019 Ranger web page, it still seems to be pushing the Ranger as a lifestyle vehicle, not a work truck. From that perspective, they seem to be following the Colorado game plan. Not sure how well a reg cab shortbed 2wd mid-size truck would fit that mold.

Then again, that web page hasn't been touched since January. Management teams and their plans can change pretty severely over that amount of time, as we have seen...

Quick recap, US Colorado was a major reworking of the global Colorado to turn it into a much better truck,

GM only basically "caught up" with T6 Ranger in the the last year oir so and yeah, the global Colorado was that bad.

Originally, Ford had planned to include all regions on T6 but the US opted out because at the time they wanted

a much smaller truck that couldn't be made fit under the proposed product envelope. Now that FNA's view has

changed, T6 Ranger is right on the money as original design included enough engineering preservation to

allow future inclusion.

Edited by jpd80

Hmm. That one slipped by me somehow. Honestly I've mostly written off the 04-14 trucks. They're just too heavy. They weigh as much or more than a 3/4 ton from a decade prior.

The numbers for the 2015+ trucks look a lot better. However the aluminum is new tech and I like to wait a min of 10 years before embracing new tech. That way all the issues are already known by the time I have to deal with them. So maybe by 2025 I'll have a completely informed opinion about the 2015+ trucks.

My LS's had numerous aluminum body panels, (had a 00, 03, and 05) I will tell you my 2005 still looks amazing without any issues body panel wise (hood, trunk, fenders, roof). My 97 Mark8, had aluminum panels, such as the hood and roof. No issues either. Aluminum usage isn't new though, maybe NOT as intense as the F150, but my LS just had steal doors and you can't tell the difference...well unless you have a friend who wants to slap some Magnet on your trunk and it doesn't stick...

The 2014 tremor was the most recent single cab/5.5 ft bed f150.

No, it had the 6.5' bed.

Regular Cab has never had anything smaller than 6.5'.

The Super Cab could be had with the 5.5' bed from '04 through '08 (I think that was the last year) except for the Raptor which is still available with the 5.5' bed in a Super Cab.

No, it had the 6.5' bed.

Regular Cab has never had anything smaller than 6.5'.

The Super Cab could be had with the 5.5' bed from '04 through '08 (I think that was the last year) except for the Raptor which is still available with the 5.5' bed in a Super Cab.

'09 was the last year for the 5.5' extended cab bed, 2010 became the Raptor excuse length.

Some reviews of the Tremor said it had 5.5' bed but it was on the 126" Wheelbase F-150, shortest one available with a 6 1/2 ft bed.