2018 Lincoln MKX Order

rmcclain

I ordered a 2018 Lincoln MKX on August 1, 2017 and was wondering if anyone could help me with getting a update. I have received my VIN and have the scheduled build date and that is about it. I would really like to track my MKX through the building process.

2LMPJ8LR1JBL13482

Build date: 10/16/2017

Thank you,

Rick

• 4 weeks later...

rmcclain, congrats on your MKX order. I am getting close to placing mine, met with my sales manager Saturday and tried to get an AWD Reserve, White Platinum/Hazelnut out of Mesa AZ but it was ordered for a customer. So will place an order next week, just need to decide on an engine. Would you mind telling me which engine you chose and why. For me the pro for the 3.7L is port fuel injection, no carbon build up. The 2.7L GTDI pro is the power at the lower RPM range but the con is direct injection and the carbon issue.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

I had the same dilemma in deciding which engine to select. I currently have a MKC with a 2.3L Eco boost and love the power it has. I decided the only way to figure it out was to test drive each engine. We have a place in Scottsdale so when we were down we decided to see if we could test drive each vehicle. We went to Fiesta Lincoln in Mesa and they were very helpful in letting us test drive each vehicle. We felt after our test drive on the freeway and around town the 3.7L had adequate power. The 2.7 L GTDI engine was very nice but, after driving both the 3.7L engine provided adequate power for what we needed. I ordered a White Platinum/Cappuccino AWD Reserve and I am excited to get it. Please let me know if you have more questions.

Rick

We have a MKX with the 3.7L and I have a Fusion with the 2.0LEB. I much prefer the acceleration of the Fusion from a dead stop or low speed. My wife thinks if you press the accelerator past halfway the car will explode so she has no problems with the 3.7L. The sooty tailpipes are just a minor inconvenience. Long term internal buildup is still a bit of an unknown.

Drive the 3.7L. If you like the acceleration stop there. If it feels sluggish, get the 2.7L.

• Like 1

Thanks Rick and akirby. I drove the 2.7L down here in Las Cruces and the 3.7L in Draper UT, liked both engines. I'm not a speed demon like I use to be but still like to blow out the exhaust every now and then. A lot of my miles are short 2 mile drives and I'm thinking that will be harder on the turbo then the NA engine. About every two or three weeks I do a 120 mile round trip to Las Cruces, 75mph "to keep the battery charged". :)

Thanks,

Steve

• Like 1

Hello Fuzzymoomoo!

Checking in to see if the scheduled to date 10/19 is still a go.

2LMPJ8LR1JBL13482

Thank you for checking!

Rick

In Production

Sent to Plant Ford Oakville Assembly, ON

Oct-11-2017

Not sure what they mean by "Sent To Plant" but I'm going to go ahead and say that it should be rolling off the line by the 19th or sooner.

Edit to say ETA unchanged

Edited by fuzzymoomoo