CCD Suspension -- wheel options?

star-art

I'm finding it difficult to get an answer for this question. 2015+ Limited and Platinum Expeditions have a rather rare option, the Continuously-Controlled Dampening suspension (CCD) that is more commonly found on the Lincoln Navigator. This option is always packaged with huge 22-inch wheels. Unfortunately, getting good snow tires for such large rims is not very practical. Can smaller 20-inch wheels be installed on an Expedition with the CCD suspension option? I'm guessing this would also improve the ride quality.

22-inch wheels come from the factory with 285/45R22 tires while 20-inch wheels come with 275/55R20 tires, so overall diameter is pretty close. . .

Edited by star-art

I'm finding it difficult to get an answer for this question. 2015+ Limited and Platinum Expeditions have a rather rare option, the Continuously-Controlled Dampening suspension (CCD) that is more commonly found on the Lincoln Navigator. This option is always packaged with huge 22-inch wheels. Unfortunately, getting good snow tires for such large rims is not very practical. Can smaller 20-inch wheels be installed on an Expedition with the CCD suspension option? I'm guessing this would also improve the ride quality.

22-inch wheels come from the factory with 285/45R22 tires while 20-inch wheels come with 275/55R20 tires, so overall diameter is pretty close. . .

According to Ford, the 22 inch wheels are specially tuned to work with this system.

Expedition is the first Ford model to offer the Continuously Controlled Damping (CCD) System with specially designed and tuned 22-inch polished aluminum wheels. A suite of electronic sensors continuously monitors 46 unique suspension, steering, braking and body motions, processing data hundreds of times per second. The damping system responds in milliseconds to help keep you confidently in control. Choose from three settings – comfort, normal or sport – for the performance feel you prefer. CCD is standard on Expedition Platinum and optional on the Limited and King Ranch® models.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...