Zetec Style Grille Install (2012 - 14)

Anthony

I just received my new (Ebay bought) Zetec Style Grille. I was cheap, so I figured what do I have to lose?

I never liked the look of the solid plastic ribbed grille on the 2012 - 2014 Foci, but thought the opening could look better. Overseas, they offered the Focus with a Zetec package which gave it a honeycomb style grille. This replacement grille is basically a copy of that.

Here's an example (not my car):

18111111120113601600x1060.jpg

I'll be installing this in the coming week and try to document it. Here's what I got:

KdbsGRR.jpg

Edited by Anthony
  • Like 2

Started on this today, got the bumper cover off and the new grilles installed in the bumper cover, I'll re-install the whole chimichanga tomorrow.

Front bumper comes off pretty easy. About 50,145 bolts and retainers.

yfaRZVv.jpg

Kinda Mad Max meets very ugly.

Bj3qSzM.jpg

Removed the old boring grille inserts.

RUIfSz4.jpg

Snapped in the new grille inserts. I like the piano black better then the dull matte finish of the old inserts.

T6Cj2bN.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
9 minutes ago, Tmlfan said:

Hey is there any trick to remove the grille inserts .I need to get at the horn but Im having a hard time getting the insert out, I don't want to break it lol 

Thanks

I did it the hard way (by taking the entire front bumper cover off).  It was necessary because for the above swap you also had to cut some of the bumper supports for the new grille to fit.

PS:  I got rid of that car almost 2 years ago for my Ranger.  :)

1 hour ago, Tmlfan said:

Hey is there any trick to remove the grille inserts .I need to get at the horn but Im having a hard time getting the insert out, I don't want to break it lol 

Thanks

You do not need to remove the bumper cover, there are two far easier ways to access. Both start with removal of the under engine cover.

The way I prefer: Take the right (passenger's) fender liner out. It's right there and can be easily changed.

The WSM: Take the black plastic piece that covers the bottom of the cooling module off the bumper.

Make sure that the wiring isn't chewed up. We get rabbits all the time that hide there and get bored and chew.