Jim Hackett's big moment: CEO's vision for Ford will become clearer this week

Wall Street wasn't too impressed, said the presentation lacked specifics. Wasn't that the problem with Fields?

Yes sir. This is worrisome. A lot of investors and analysts had higher expectations of Hackett. Hopefully more details and clarity about Hackett's strategy will come out soon.

Yes sir. This is worrisome. A lot of investors and analysts had higher expectations of Hackett. Hopefully more details and clarity about Hackett's strategy will come out soon.

Yadda you expect from a furniture sales person....zilch auto experience or heavy manufacturing..hardest decision the guy ever had is what paint for fall file cabinet colors....i hope i am wrong

Wall Street wasn't too impressed, said the presentation lacked specifics. Wasn't that the problem with Fields?

Wall Street wouldn't have been impressed even if he had spelled out specifics. Then it would've been "he was too specific! He's giving away all their secrets, he should've been less candid in reporting their plans. We don't think they can adhere to this timeline, blah blah blah!!"

• Like 1

Yadda you expect from a furniture sales person....zilch auto experience or heavy manufacturing..hardest decision the guy ever had is what paint for fall file cabinet colors....i hope i am wrong

Hackett recognizes Ford's survival is at stake. Without new strategies, Ford as a company will die. Hackett mentioned this in the presentation. Even though there was less meat to Ford's presentation than what everyone was expecting, Hackett's talks about Ford's mandate to compete, spending cuts, and better operations management are good starting points. I still think Hackett is the right man for Ford CEO.

Oh, he has a new excuse--"production bottlenecks." Apparently that's why they've produced 260 Model 3s instead of the 1,500 they had promised for Q3...

Anyone remember before the ModelS when Tesla was rumored to be using the CD3 platform?

Interesting they show their car future being dependent on "value partnerships". Wonder what they have in mind?

Hmm.

My Focus also chirps the tires when I am making a turn from a stop (like making a turn onto a road). I'm not even goosing the throttle, it is kinda embarrassing sometimes. I feel like a kid trying to show off, but it just does it. Mind you the tires only have about 5k on them and I don't experience any bad traction otherwise. Weird.

I've been thinking about global platforms and in the past, the originators for C1, CD4, Fiesta, have all prioritized that car variant

which got the lion's share of product development and then the Utility derivatives were developed as incremental product.

What I see Hackett doing is reversing those roles, project costs wil go mainly onto the utilities while cars will get less

financial load and importance.... It's just shifting amounts from column A to Column B.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

I've been thinking about global platforms and in the past, the originators for C1, CD4, Fiesta, have all prioritized that car variant

which got the lion's share of product development and then the Utility derivatives were developed as incremental product.

What I see Hackett doing is reversing those roles, project costs wil go mainly onto the utilities while cars will get less

financial load and importance.... It's just shifting amounts from column A to Column B.

This makes sense. It's probably why Explorer is likely the first CD6 product to come out.