Lincoln Debut at LA Auto Show? (2019 Lincoln Nautilus aka MKX)

I'll be in the market next summer for a replacement to my '16 X. To be honest, I was hoping for more improvements to the interior (more wood!) than new stalks, frameless rearview and the digital cluster. Biggest letdown (not confirmed of course!) is that the rear badging doesn't say 3.0T.

Edit.. I might be wrong about the rear view.

No HUD either it seems. But it does look like both front and rear cams get washers - something that's been sorely needed for a while now.

What is the button on the left side of the steering wheel denoting a little steering wheel between two lines?

Edited by Professor1234

Why rename a refresh? Chrysler did that with the Sebring/200 and people saw right through that....

Well, they saw through it and bought it in much greater numbers.

post-6726-0-66623400-1511891362.png

You make a car better looking, it may sell more...regardless of the name. In the case of the Sebring / 200, it worked. I can see it working with the Nautlilus.

post-6726-0-66623400-1511891362_thumb.png

Edited by Anthony
  • Like 1

Why rename a refresh? Chrysler did that with the Sebring/200 and people saw right through that....

Why not? its just marketing...FFS they stole the marketing speak for the MKT for it too!

Its more of a branding effort then anything else..the MKC is still new or they aren't planning on changing the name. The MKX has sold decently for what it is.

But the timing fits with what Lincoln has been doing the last several years. Show a "concept" (which is near production ready) 18 months to 2 years before launch, show the production models 6-12 months before production.

Right. I agree with the timing. But what I've been saying for months now - and this launch of both the MKC and MKX at a single event proves it - is that we'll see both MKC and MKX launch here, with the Aviator concept debuting on its own at a later show (NAIAS perhaps).

Slightly disappointed that its not the Aviator, but I think we'll have a good chance of seeing that in at the NYIAS in April of next year.

Love the name, and I guess the MKC and MKZ are next. Mariner sounds alright for the MKC...though I wonder if they'll do something else.

I think we'll see Aviator at its own show this year.

I think we'll see Aviator at its own show this year.

I think it will be Concept this year, showing it as a Hybrid/Plugin vehicle. Lincoln normally does NYIAS so might be there. The Aviator concept will probably show what Ford has planned for the the Explorer as well as CD6.

Detroit will probably show the Ranger, Bronco concept and Edge update, I also could see the Electric SUV showing up to show that Ford is actually in the process of getting it to market -- even if it isn't going to be out for 2 years they need something to show the public they are in the electric game still.

I think it will be Concept this year, showing it as a Hybrid/Plugin vehicle. Lincoln normally does NYIAS so might be there. The Aviator concept will probably show what Ford has planned for the the Explorer as well as CD6.

Detroit will probably show the Ranger, Bronco concept and Edge update, I also could see the Electric SUV showing up to show that Ford is actually in the process of getting it to market -- even if it isn't going to be out for 2 years they need something to show the public they are in the electric game still.

Yup, I meant an Aviator concept if that wasn't clear.

That's a good point, Ford may want to keep NAIAS to themselves with those potential showings.

That's a good point, Ford may want to keep NAIAS to themselves with those potential showings.

NAIAS might not be big enough for Ford to show off everything-I'd expect the following:

Ranger Production model

Mustang GT500/Mach1/whatever

Focus (Though that depends on its EU release)

Concepts:

Bronco

NG Explorer

Model E or Gen Z CUV (smaller variant of the Escape)

I'm sure I'm missing some stuff-If you think about it, Ford has alot of new product (thankfully) coming in the next 24 months or so

NAIAS might not be big enough for Ford to show off everything-I'd expect the following:

Ranger Production model

Concepts:

Bronco

NG Explorer

I'm sure I'm missing some stuff-If you think about it, Ford has alot of new product (thankfully) coming in the next 24 months or so

Yeah, I wasn't even thinking about the Ford side of it when I threw out NAIAS. My point was that this debut here (to me) proves that we'll see an Aviator concept this season.....otherwise, why waste your two debuts at a single show?

Ranger Production model

Concepts:

Bronco

NG Explorer

Don't expect Focus at NAIAS, they won't show the US version until after the Euro debut which should be in Paris.

I'm not so sure about the GT500/whatever they call it. Based on what little I know about it it's not quite ready for showtime yet.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

Don't expect Focus at NAIAS, they won't show the US version until after the Euro debut which should be in Paris.

I'm not so sure about the GT500/whatever they call it. Based on what little I know about it it's not quite ready for showtime yet.

Maybe the Bullitt to tide things over?