Why is it taking so long for the Bronco to come out?

Is it just me (probably) but does anyone else think that concept has not aged well enough to be the basis for the real deal?

Im hoping It will be different enough to really be just inspired by as opposed to a close version of.

Id like something fresh but recognizable, just like the current Mustang. Instantly recognized as a Mustang but a damn fine looking sports car too. Im hoping they do not go that route of that concept.

• Like 1

Is it just me (probably) but does anyone else think that concept has not aged well enough to be the basis for the real deal?

Im hoping It will be different enough to really be just inspired by as opposed to a close version of.

Id like something fresh but recognizable, just like the current Mustang. Instantly recognized as a Mustang but a damn fine looking sports car too. Im hoping they do not go that route of that concept.

I think the exterior has aged far better than the interior, which definitely has an early 2000s cheap look to it on top of it just being plain/boring.

I don't think it'll be a copy, but I think the new model will certainly pull elements from that concept.

I don't think it'll be toooo far off from that though, otherwise, why would Ford pull it out and use it in that new Rock movie (I don't recall what movie it is).

The Ranger's interior looks nice, I don't think any of us disagree there. Our point is just that if you're going to go through the effort of having a heritage-inspired exterior, why would you give up and put an out-of-place (with that heritage styling) interior in the thing? That would be very disappointing to see them cheap out like that.

The ROW Ranger has the car dash (or, at least, instrument panel), but I would expect the US version to have something closer to the F150/Expedition. Personally, I think that's fine for a Bronco, too.

The ROW Ranger has the car dash (or, at least, instrument panel), but I would expect the US version to have something closer to the F150/Expedition. Personally, I think that's fine for a Bronco, too.

I remember words to the effect of the steering wheel being borrowed form Focus and probably find that the dash is a variation too.

It's sems likely that some sort of supply sharing with either trucks or utilities is inevitable to gain both scales of economy

and the similarity or is that familiarity US buyers expect to see. and if we're talking a more rugged Bronco, then the odds

on F150 dash and interior styling just became shorter.

Edited by jpd80

I doubt many here will agree with me on this, but -

Please give us the option to keep it simple! I'll take my Bronco with:

Manual locking hubs

Manual transmission

Manual roll up and down windows - yes I am serious.

Minimal door panels - keep it raw and easy to maintain. Like the 2004 concept.

Old School Manual 4x4 shifter with 4h and 4L

Decent towing- Pop-up, or Small RV - in the Rocky Mountain West, up the steep passes.

Mounts for racks - skis, bikes, outdoor gear.

Lots of power points and an AC Inverter - Heavy duty electrical system to go with that.

A thick rubber floor - like in a gym weight room - easy to clean. No carpet to stain and get full of spilled coffee, dog hair, mud, and road salt, from using the vehicle for activities in the snow and dirt

NO LEATHER! A nice hi-tech waterproof, easy to maintain synthetic material for the seats, that can stand up to dog paws, won't crack in cold weather, and won't split at the seams from baking in the hot sun.

I will take a decent sound system that accepts a smartphone/Ipod. But I really don't need a big screen to tell me it's Steely Dan, Aerosmith or Van Halen that I am listening to - I've got that covered.

I don't mind if they offer one all decked out for the customers that have to have it. But it would be great if they gave some of us the option to keep it simple. I would like to buy a toy truck, I already have a living room, computer, an entertainment center with a big screen, and a bunch of digital stuff that is supposed to make my life easier, but in the end makes it more complex. I can read mile markers, I don't need to ask some weird digital Siri or Alexa where the hell I am going or where to get something to eat. There are already many choices for over-priced and over-equipped SUVs for the carpool line.

Edited by Kev-Mo
  • Like 4

I doubt many here will agree with me on this, but -

Manual locking hubs

Manual transmission

Decent towing- Pop-up, or Small RV - in the Rocky Mountain West, up the steep passes.

Lots of power points and an AC Inverter - Heavy duty electrical system to go with that.

A thick rubber floor - like in a gym weight room - easy to clean. No carpet to stain and get full of spilled coffee, dog hair, mud, and road salt, from using the vehicle for activities in the snow and dirt

NO LEATHER! A nice hi-tech waterproof, easy to maintain synthetic material for the seats, that can stand up to dog paws, won't crack in cold weather, and won't split at the seams from baking in the hot sun.

I will take a decent sound system that accepts a smartphone/Ipod. But I really don't need a big screen to tell me it's Steely Dan, Aerosmith or Van Halen that I am listening to - I've got that covered.

I don't mind if they offer one all decked out for the customers that have to have it. But it would be great if they gave some of us the option to keep it simple. I would like to buy a toy truck, I already have a living room, computer, an entertainment center with a big screen, and a bunch of digital stuff that is supposed to make my life easier, but in the end makes it more complex. I can read mile markers, I don't need to ask some weird digital Siri or Alexa where the hell I am going or where to get something to eat. There are already many choices for over-priced and over-equipped SUVs for the carpool line.

Ditto! Exactly!!

If Ford doesn't get this right, it will be a terrible failure and last just a few model years. If they get it right, and I'm hoping they do, the market and aftermarket will respond and the Bronco will continue the legend, and continue for many, many years to come.

• Like 3

I still believe there is some hesitation inside ford in regards to the bronc...kinda eagerly waiting for a current rendition of the bronc...no way something from 5 plus years ago has any chance of success..

Because they're just going to take that concept (which was almost 14 years ago, not 5) and copy it directly. Good grief.

• Like 1

I still believe there is some hesitation inside ford in regards to the bronc...kinda eagerly waiting for a current rendition of the bronc...no way something from 5 plus years ago has any chance of success..

Not so much hesitation but think of the engineering load on FAPA T6 team, they have new Ranger almost complete and ready to go,

then there's the MCE to complete on the ROW Everest and Bronco is on top of that...Remember, development is outside Nth America.

Think more like Hummer H3 than Troller T4 everyone was looking at a while back.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

Not so much hesitation but think of the engineering load on FAPA T6 team, they have new Ranger almost complete and ready to go,

then there's the MCE to complete on the ROW Everest and Bronco is on top of that...Remember, development is outside Nth America.

Think more like Hummer H3 than Troller T4 everyone was looking at a while back.

I would rather have a Troller T4 than a Hummer H3.

• Like 1

Manual locking hubs

Manual transmission

I striked through the things that are never going to happen-There is no way there is going to be two different sets windows control- its downright stupid to have two different ways of opening windows when power windows are the default for just about everything on the market.

Manual transmission has a chance of about 10-20% happening-it gets higher if the Ranger has it. No way Ford spends the money to do another calibration with the EPA for emissions unless its demanded (manual with the Mustang) or engineering is easier (ST/RS models of FWD products)

Rest of it is doable IMO

• Like 1

If the Bronco is ANYTHING like a Hummer it will fail

Nobody wants a gigantic lumbering SUV that only seats 4 and is useless off road

No, the smaller later Hummer that was based on Mid Sized Truck

Not saying that Bronco is a direct copy, that would be stupid but the styling will be more SUV like

and less like a traditional Jeep type vehicle (Troller) maybe a bit like later Jeeps.

Remembering that this will be a lifestyle vehicle, Ford will be retracing it routes with Bronco and early Explorer.

Hummer-H3-3.jpg

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 2

I striked through the things that are never going to happen-There is no way there is going to be two different sets windows control- its downright stupid to have two different ways of opening windows when power windows are the default for just about everything on the market.

Manual transmission has a chance of about 10-20% happening-it gets higher if the Ranger has it. No way Ford spends the money to do another calibration with the EPA for emissions unless its demanded (manual with the Mustang) or engineering is easier (ST/RS models of FWD products)

Rest of it is doable IMO

FYI, the base model Focus has manual crank rear windows