2019 MKC first look

Didn't that system debuted with the MKX for 2016?

Yes, but even the lower Revel system was still a standalone option on even the Reserve and Black Label trims (with the higher Revel one being a further upgrade option bundled with LED headlights).

Now they're finally adding the lower Revel system as standard equipment on the mid and top trims. That's what he was getting at.

• 1 month later...

There is no indication from these reports of a hybrid or plug-in hybrid version of the MKC for the 2019 model but there is lots of speculation online about that. Anyone have any idea what, if anything, is likely to happen on that topic?

That will be the next gen MKC. 2019 is just a refresh on the current platform.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Why is the 2019 Hidden in the Lincoln site ; its not under future vehicles nor the MKC page?

Doesnt make sense this didnt get a name I dont see any worst than the MKx refresh

I figure because it's so close to a full redesign (presumably for 2020 or 2021), whereas MKX/Nautilus will be around for 3 years before a redesign. That said, I was surprised that they gave MKX a new name for the refresh. I thought they would've waited for a redesign for a new name. But I guess they're trying to allow it to jump on the Navigator and Aviator bandwagons "hey look at our new models with names. We have the new Conit, the new Navi, andnow we have Nautilus with the coming Aviator! Come check them out!"

They did have the 2019 MKC and Nautilus at the Fort Lauderdale Auto Show (a smaller show).

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...