Ford Motor Company November 2017 Sales Figures

Actually, not as much as you would think. Nobody wants a manual outside of the performance models so there's not any extra value there.

The issue being that it's a 5-speed and tied to the 2.0 DI, elsewhere you get the 1.5 EB and either a 6-speed manual or 6F auto.

Those being available on (SE) Trend, (SEL) Sport and Titanium... the S (Ambiente) being axed a few years ago, maybe still in Asia.

Edited by jpd80

The issue being that it's a 5-speed and tied to the 2.0 DI, elsewhere you get the 1.5 EB and either a 6-speed manual or 6F auto.

Those being available on (SE) Trend, (SEL) Sport and Titanium... the S (Ambiente) being axed a few years ago, maybe still in Asia.

Perspective. There may still be decent demand for a three pedal manual in Australia but here in the land of the fat, Stupid and lazy not very many people want a three pedal manual. Even the Mustang sells more automatics anymore.

Perspective. There may still be decent demand for a three pedal manual in Australia but here in the land of the fat, Stupid and lazy not very many people want a three pedal manual. Even the Mustang sells more automatics anymore.

You're right of course, the two markets are substantially different but that little 1.5 EB is just so inviting...

and conversely, I also concede that an auto Focus ST could have given Ford another sales weapon.......

• Like 1

Correct, it's more like GM's Retail dumping where better trimmed vehicles aimed at retail buyers are then given generous incentives.

When Ford is offering up to $5K off an $18K MSRP car than you know that something is really up.

Rental fleet sales percentage across all Ford vehicles is around 10% so there ill be some sales bleed

to fleet but not the blood nose some suspect, it's all heavily discounted retail sales so make of that what

you will but when GM pushes retail sales using incentives, that somehow makes it far more acceptable...

Speaking of GM retail dumping, over the weekend I saw GM ads that "employee pricing for everybody" is back for December! Wonder if this is a MI local thing, or a nationwide campaign.

• 4 weeks later...

It's going to be very interesting to see what the December sales figures turn out to be. Compared to previous years when Ford made big incentive changes for the end of the month, this year they made minimal changes and appear to be relying on their 0% APR 72 month financing. From what I'm seeing, this is the worst December I've seen in years. Sales dropped early in the month and the end-of-month traffic and sales are horrible and the weather hasn't been a factor until the past few days... bitter cold but little snow. This December is like what January is usually like sales wise.

It's going to be very interesting to see what the December sales figures turn out to be. Compared to previous years when Ford made big incentive changes for the end of the month, this year they made minimal changes and appear to be relying on their 0% APR 72 month financing. From what I'm seeing, this is the worst December I've seen in years. Sales dropped early in the month and the end-of-month traffic and sales are horrible and the weather hasn't been a factor until the past few days... bitter cold but little snow. This December is like what January is usually like sales wise.

We picked up my wife's 2018 Escape tonight. The finance lady at the dealership said they have been pretty busy this month.

Edited by Pioneer

The Northeast almost never or rarely does as well as the rest of the country or other sales regions.

For the past two years, Ford Brand December sales have been around 227K-228K but with what you're seeing

with fewer seasonal incentives, I suspect Ford will simply replicate November's sales at around 201K or maybe 204K

but even that would be a huge drop year on year of about 10 to 13% and about 60K down on 2016 year total..- 2.4%?

Edited by jpd80