No heat on drivers side

buck121

I didn't see this question posted any where else , so I figured I would post it here

I have a 2007 Ford Edge , I don't have dual climate controls , just the single control for both sides. I had the heater core cleaned and flushed out 3 years ago , after having no heat , now I have heat only on the passenger side , I was told by my local Ford dealer that the Heater core needed to be removed and cleaned out , I could see this if I had no heat on either side , bit with normal heat on passenger side , I don't see how this is possible ,am I correct on this ?

it is manual control , the mechanic is saying that the blend door on the drivers side is not opening to let the heat from the heater core in , so you only get the outside air , so I'm not sure what is going on, this mechanic replaced the heater core two years ago , so he claims it is not plugged.

I knew it expired but I thought there would be some pretty good information. Its so old I dont think theyll do anything for you unfortunately. It may be worth paying a dealership to do that procedure or a reputable independent. It could save you money in the long run because if you replace it again and if you still have contamination youll be in the same boat.

Edited by fordtech1

Thanks for the info ,I have to call around to get a quote on this procedure ,like you say its so old that Ford wont pay for it , its kind of odd that this is showing up now after ten years and 125,000 miles, but it was slow to plug and I had the core replaced two years ago , but if I have the system flushed out the heater core probably wont get anymore plugged then it is now.if I don't do anything it will eventually plug completely and then no heat at all

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...