2019 Fusion Production Information

ice-capades

After I posted, my dealer came back with pricing for the 2019, but of course incentives are unknown. Price is lower than what we ordered due to several options now standard, which is what I expected because if they're in every car they should cost less. But 2018 has $10,250 rebate (leasing), so that difference has to be figured out.

He has been in touch with his rep, that's where the comment in quotes came from.

Was mainly interested in learning when the incentives for the 2019s would be released, and if when a 2019 would be scheduled if ordered now, i.e. "should be made mid-August".

After I posted, my dealer came back with pricing for the 2019, but of course incentives are unknown. Price is lower than what we ordered due to several options now standard, which is what I expected because if they're in every car they should cost less. But 2018 has $10,250 rebate (leasing), so that difference has to be figured out.

He has been in touch with his rep, that's where the comment in quotes came from.

Was mainly interested in learning when the incentives for the 2019s would be released, and if when a 2019 would be scheduled if ordered now, i.e. "should be made mid-August".

There's no way of knowing when 2019MY Fusion incentives will be announced but I wouldn't expect anything for a while as scheduling doesn't start until 06/21/2018 and the Job #1 Date is 08/14/2018. And Dealers won't start to see 2019MY Fusions until September depending on how soon the "OK to Buy" status is achieved and the shipping release issued.

Thanks, appreciate the info. I would expect that given the relative minor changes in the Fusion for 2019 that things wouldn't be held up too long, but who knows.

One would think that with only minor changes it would take no more than 5-7 days. But you never know.

• Like 1

We did our "wholesale" allocation meeting with our Ford Zone Manager yesterday morning for August production. At least for the New York Region, the only allocation for August production and probably several months afterwards will be for 2019 Fusion Hybrid & 2019 Fusion Energi models only. Fusion gas models will be available only for retail orders! Their position is that the Hybrid and Energi models will present a better value and marketing opportunity with gas prices being high right now. Ford expects gas prices to stay at current levels or go even higher. Right now, regular gas (87) is at $3.25/gallon here.

Is that what you're seeing with sales right now?

Not at all. The 2019 Fusion has a whole new level of standard equipment and a new simplified ordering system. But the only 2019 Fusions a Dealer will be able to order for stock are Hybrids & Energi models. A customer that comes in wanting to look at, drive and/or purchase any gas model 2019 Fusion will be out of luck as there will be no gas Fusion S (price leader), SE, SEL, Titanium or Sport models available. It recently took nearly 2 months just to get a 2018 Fusion Sport AWD scheduled to balance out our 2018MY Fusion inventory. I learned earlier this morning that this new inventory plan is in effect for the New York, Boston & Philadelphia Regions and is planned for the entire 2019 Model Year. This is going to be a disaster! Who's going to want to place a retail order for a model they can't even look at?

The initial damage was done with Ford's announcement about dropping all the car models with the exception of the Mustang and the new Focus Active, which won't be available for 18 months. Ford's been telling Dealers since the announcement that the Fusion will be available for 3-4 more years but with this new inventory restriction, the end of the Fusion may come sooner as a self fulfilling prophesy!

I'll provide more information about the 2019 Fusion inventory plan, etc. later tonight if possible. In the meantime I have some dealership inventory and marketing projects to work on along with a 2 hour Microsoft update to do.

• Like 1

Here's the updated information available for the 2018/2019MY Fusion production schedule from Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin).

• 05/04/2018 - 2018MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 05/24/2018 - 2018MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 08/13/2018 - 2018MY Job Last Date

05/21/2018 - 2019MY Order Bank Open DAte

• 06/21/2018 - 2019MY Scheduling Begins
  • 08/14/2018 - 2019MY Job #1 Date

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's the updated information available for the 2018/2019MY Fusion production schedule from Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin).

• 05/04/2018 - 2018MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 05/24/2018 - 2018MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 08/20/2018 - 2018MY Job Last Date

05/21/2018 - 2019MY Order Bank Open Date

• 06/21/2018 - 2019MY Scheduling Begins
  • 08/21/2018 - 2019MY Job #1 Date

09/11/2018 - 2019MY Job #1 Date (Police VSO)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay... Here's some information that's sure to generate a "healthy" discussion regarding the new ordering process and restrictions for 2019MY Fusion ordering. As I mentioned is a previous post, Dealers in a number of Northeast Regions are restricted to ordering 2019MY Fusion Hybrid & 2019MY Fusion Energi models ONLY. The only way to get gas model 2019MY Fusions scheduled is via retail customer orders.

Attached are 3 documents released to Dealers as part of the wholesale allocation meetings and 2019MY Fusion order commitments, etc. now in place.

Along with the simplified, streamlined ordering process for the 2019MY Fusion, Ford representatives are notifying Dealers that this new ordering process will be initiated across all, or nearly all, model lines within the next 2 years!

As I've written many times about the problems getting vehicles scheduled for production due to the constantly changing commodity issues and Ford forcing Dealers to take higher content models, this new change has Ford adopting the longstanding import model. Ford will determine what vehicle content it will build and schedule because Ford knows better than its Dealers what the Market wants.

Ford_2019MY Fusion_WOS_Launch_2018-08.pdf

Ford_2019MY Fusion_Order to Delivery Fitness Pilot_2018-08-01.pdf

Ford_2019MY Fusion_OME_Ordering Made Easy.pdf

Okay... Here's some information that's sure to generate a "healthy" discussion regarding the new ordering process and restrictions for 2019MY Fusion ordering. As I mentioned is a previous post, Dealers in a number of Northeast Regions are restricted to ordering 2019MY Fusion Hybrid & 2019MY Fusion Energi models ONLY. The only way to get gas model 2019MY Fusions scheduled is via retail customer orders.

Attached are 3 documents released to Dealers as part of the wholesale allocation meetings and 2019MY Fusion order commitments, etc. now in place.

Along with the simplified, streamlined ordering process for the 2019MY Fusion, Ford representatives are notifying Dealers that this new ordering process will be initiated across all, or nearly all, model lines within the next 2 years!

As I've written many times about the problems getting vehicles scheduled for production due to the constantly changing commodity issues and Ford forcing Dealers to take higher content models, this new change has Ford adopting the longstanding import model. Ford will determine what vehicle content it will build and schedule because Ford knows better than its Dealers what the Market wants.

Interesting. We ordered a 2018 Fusion Energi in May. In late June we were told it may not be made, in July we were told it wouldn't be made. We had thought regional rep was finding open order availability elsewhere in the country, and getting that for us, then learned that he was simply trying to find matching order elsewhere (which was unlikely).

A 2019 order was put in for us, then the dealer put in a matching dealer order, because they were told that dealer orders were being made first, held, then released when ready to ship, then retail orders would be made. Now this says that all dealer orders are being cancelled and have to be reordered.

Our 2018 Energi would have had $11,007 in incentives upon delivery. Zero information on 2019 incentives from dealer or his rep. At this point, available stock elsewhere is very limited, so we're pretty hosed. Very disappointed at how this is transpiring.

Interesting. We ordered a 2018 Fusion Energi in May. In late June we were told it may not be made, in July we were told it wouldn't be made. We had thought regional rep was finding open order availability elsewhere in the country, and getting that for us, then learned that he was simply trying to find matching order elsewhere (which was unlikely).

A 2019 order was put in for us, then the dealer put in a matching dealer order, because they were told that dealer orders were being made first, held, then released when ready to ship, then retail orders would be made. Now this says that all dealer orders are being cancelled and have to be reordered.

Our 2018 Energi would have had $11,007 in incentives upon delivery. Zero information on 2019 incentives from dealer or his rep. At this point, available stock elsewhere is very limited, so we're pretty hosed. Very disappointed at how this is transpiring.

FYI... The Ford regional representative could only have tried to get allocation from another Dealer in the same region. Dearborn determines the total allocation available ant then breaks it down to Regional allocation which is then set at the Zone and Dealer level.

I surmised that. We were basically mislead and now are hosed. Sold our 2nd vehicle (which this was replacing) within 8 days (having no idea what was going to transpire). Since we ordered before the model year end, we were told we were fine - not...

It amazes me that Ford had a valid customer order, which they could have made, and chose not to.

Edited by Rickoval

• 1 month later...

Any insight on how the 2019 production is going? Our 2019 Fusion Energi is slated to be built on 9/10 and shipped "expedited". It is now showing in Cotus with that info also. Are we past the "hold dealer orders for quality check" period? Any insight is appreciated.

Today the 2019 incentives started to appear, so we're not as bad off (losing the 2018 they never made) as we had feared.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

can anyone verify for me, that the 19 fusion energi no longer has the front and side sensors that display on the sync 3 screen when pulling into the garage or parking too close to a pole or something? that is one thing we love  and hate to get a 19 if its missing it.