2018 remote start not working

lvmcpa

I bought a 2018 Expedition Max today and when I got in it at the dealership it was already started. I drove it home and got out and turned it off. When I went to remote start it and go some where the remote start would not work. I tried several times and check everything. Then I took it to my local dealer and they could not get it to work either. Their only answer was to bring it up there Tuesday when the service department opens back up. Does anyone have any ideas? The lock, unlock, rear gate open and close and panic buttons on the remote all work like they are supposed to on both remotes. I have opened and closed the hood just to make sure. I can't find anything about how to program the remote to the vehicle or the remote start feature either.

I will start with the obvious. Did you press the lock button first and then press the remote start button twice (that's the procedure for my 15 - I would imagine the 18 is the same).

Does the horn sound when the car doesn't start?

EDIT: Here's the owner's manual section on remote start: Link

Edited by HofstraJet

• 10 months later...

I had to sync the key and module under the dash. Dealer didn’t know what was wrong. I found it on YouTube and gave it a shot. I have heard others say the dealer told them they had an aftermarket remote start that must have been installed “at the dock” in addition to the remote start that came with their truck. The last time I took it to the dealer they said mine was aftermarket too but I never had anything added and I have the regular ford keys. Who knows right now I have been sitting at the dealer for 2 hrs now while they try to figure out what is wrong with my sync 3, crazy mirrors and lack of air from the ceiling vents in the second row. ??‍♀️

• 9 months later...