Offical 2019 Ranger thread

Autoblog has some new pics of an xlt supercab with chrome package. Looks pretty good in the magnetic color.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/01/16/2019-ford-ranger-vs-tacoma-colorado-frontier/

Thank you T-dubz sir! The Ranger XLT Supercab interior is very nice. The simple and functional design is a nice contrast to the gaudy interiors in many full size luxo barge pickups.

13-2019-ford-ranger-detroit-1.jpg

14-2019-ford-ranger-detroit-1.jpg

akirby......used, because the prices of anything new with an 7-8foot bed are too much for the people targeted. First thing I would do ( if theres no chassis ) remove the bed add a small stakebed with tubular tool holders and market a small landscaping truck under $27k...now try that with an F150 or 250..

How about doing it with a supercab Ranger? It’s not THAT much different than a regular cab.

that's possible, but that makes the stakebed basically 2 feet shorter AND adds $1500 - 2 grand in overall costs for something that may not be needed and like I said, regular cab could be made with a payload package. And without seeing the ordering guide I would guess theres a bunch of STD equip on an XL that these types of buyers would deem in-necessary....more I think about it, the more I think Ford most likely observed the Global Ranger overseas....heck, my Uncle has a huge Dairy Farm in NZ, he uses a Ranger stakebed to take Hay etc to his livestock..loves it..

Because you can't put a 7'-8' bed on a supercab Ranger. Why waste an extra 18" of chassis length when the buyer has no use for back seats and would prefer the extra bed length? Not to mention the automakers generally want an extra $1500 at least for the supercabs (using 2011 Ranger as an example).

Edited by Sevensecondsuv

Like I mentioned, not a fan of the steering wheel button combo that Ford uses and this as bad as i've seen recently.

IMHO the big-complex-shape sync/cruise multi-control levers on my C-Max (and the Focus) are my favorite steering wheel controls of any I've seen on any car, any make, ever. No fumbling or taking eyes off the road for the right button.

CAFE-everything is getting bigger so its easier to meet requirements.

If the size of full sized pickups was such an issue, why do people have no problems driving around /buying ginormous Super Crew cab configurations?

The price of full sized Pickups is why the medium range market can exist now- A Ranger will start around $25K and top out at 40K or so-where as the F-150 will start a little more but go up to 60K or higher.

When I purchased my 14 F150 SCrew sticker was over $40k but the rebates/incentives brought it down to $33k. This was less then what you could purchase a Tacoma for, so people buy the full size because of final cost and they are the only thing out there. You literally have hundreds of F150's/Silverado's ect vs a hand full of Tacoma's at least in rural America available for purchase. I for one did have a problem driving around a 6000 lb vehicle just to get a quite and smooth riding vehicle. I did enjoy the F150, never had a problem except a little taxing on the old back because of step in height and egress.

My point is, do we need a mid-size truck that's almost as large as a full size? Most will not use anywhere near the max hauling or towing capacity of the new Ranger so should Ford offer something closer to the original Ranger. Perhaps when the Hyundai Santa Cruz is released we will have our answer.

T Hawker...in a nutshell yes we need it...it slots in price wise where the F-150 vacated a while ago. The F-150 has slotted into where the Superduties were, and the Superduties have become the Rich boys toy. And I don't have dimensions for direct comparison, but my bet is the Ranger will actually fit in a standard Garage ( once all the dust ridden Weider workout equipment and Hoarding crap is removed )

IMHO the big-complex-shape sync/cruise multi-control levers on my C-Max (and the Focus) are my favorite steering wheel controls of any I've seen on any car, any make, ever. No fumbling or taking eyes off the road for the right button.

I hate that theres no button to pause usb and Bluetooth on my 15 Focus. I can on my 08.

all black would close that interior in big time......heck, do they even make anything with dark headliners anymore...they want everything to look open and airy...that said....I DESPISE two tone seats...they have RUINED several interiors going that route...

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 1

all black would close that interior in big time......heck, do they even make anything with dark headliners anymore...they want everything to look open and airy...that said....I DESPISE two tone seats...they have RUINED several interiors going that route...

Focus ST is all black.