2019 Ram 1500

Anthony

Wow suddenly the F150 seems a tad stale. They upped their game and have done a very impressive job of the overall product and then breaking down each model. I love the variation of the trim packages and details. They even change the IP between models and those rear seats look sweet. I think they pay attention to many small details-like the center rear arm rest, glove boxes, storage box and even the lower center console. Not sure if you guys have been in a Ram recently but even that interior is damn nice. I love the rubber center mount for the smart phone-small detail-but it shows somebody is paying attention.

I think even the new Silverado looks way better than their current version, but this would definitely be my next truck.

Pretty damn impressive. My mates all drive RAM's and the new interiors are very good. UConnect is a very good system so if are used to a smartphone, this new iteration will be easy to use. The shifter takes some getting used to but again, it's pretty easy. My concern is the buttons for the 4WD Lo/Hi settings. Again, nothing muscle memory won't cure.

Good Job FCA!

Is it a variation of the GM trademarked plan?

1) Import Opels

2) ???

3) Profit

except it's:

1) call it a hybrid

2) ???

3) extra boost!

If memory serves, GM called it a hybrid first (heightening expectations) before rebranding it eAssist. Ram seems to have skipped out on branding it as a hybrid system, so there's less chance for customer disappointment.

I'm a Ford guy. 3rd generation Ford employee. I've only owned one vehicle, other than the jeep lease my wife came into the marriage, that wasn't a Ford product.

I hate to say it, but if I was looking for a truck at the end of this year, I'd be shopping for a Ram.

• Like 1

Whats the over/under odds on the RAM beating the Silverado for the number 2 spot this year?

I think it depends on when these trucks hit the lots. There are quite a few GM faithful waiting for their new truck since the last iterations have been ho-hum. If the Chevy comes later and the Ram earlier, I think Ram overtakes Chevy, otherwise, I don't think it will happen.

Edited by fordmantpw

I think it depends on when these trucks hit the lots. There are quite a few GM faithful waiting for their new truck since the last iterations have been ho-hum. If the Chevy comes later and the Ram earlier, I think Ram overtakes Chevy, otherwise, I don't think it will happen.

Production on the 2019 Ram 1500 started 2 weeks ago. Should hits lots by end of next month.

Seriously? Wow, didn't realize that (I didn't read the full press release). I wouldn't be surprised to see Ram overtake Chevy for second place this year.

The new Jeep Wrangler is already at some dealers too! FCA usually waits until the last minute to show a vehicle so its still fresh in the minds of consumers.

Outside of the way the fender wraps around under the headlights and the badges on the hood, I like it! Well, the grille could be toned down a bit, but then it wouldn't be a RAM.

Some good, stiff competition for the F150 with this and the Silverado. I think Ford's going to have to up their game on the FX4 package with a small lift and more off-road worthiness for something a bit milder than the Raptor.

No more EcoDiesel? Ford and GM bring one to the plate and Ram shuts theirs down?

Between the new Chevy and Ram, the one area I see them trumping the F150 is the FX4 package. I think Ford has been pretty weak on this option package considering it pretty much is some skid plates and off-road tuned shocks, which I have never been able discern the difference between standard shocks. I applaud Chevy and Ram for bringing out some decent off-road packages slotted below the Raptor. There is plenty of opportunity for sales with that kind of package since there are people who dont want or need all the capabilities of the Raptor and considering Ford pushed the price of the Raptor up quite a bit.

It would be easy enough for Ford to respond to these new packages by adding a couple of inches of suspension lift with some longer struts and shocks, and adding the electronic locker from the Raptor. Hopefully they will respond.

It is a head scratcher about no mention of the EcoDiesel.

• Like 2

Between the new Chevy and Ram, the one area I see them trumping the F150 is the FX4 package. I think Ford has been pretty weak on this option package considering it pretty much is some skid plates and off-road tuned shocks, which I have never been able discern the difference between standard shocks. I applaud Chevy and Ram for bringing out some decent off-road packages slotted below the Raptor. There is plenty of opportunity for sales with that kind of package since there are people who dont want or need all the capabilities of the Raptor and considering Ford pushed the price of the Raptor up quite a bit.

It would be easy enough for Ford to respond to these new packages by adding a couple of inches of suspension lift with some longer struts and shocks, and adding the electronic locker from the Raptor. Hopefully they will respond.

It is a head scratcher about no mention of the EcoDiesel.

During the presentation, Manley mentioned it was coming out later in 2019 and would "reclaim all the claims". (if it does not start at the right time, go to 12:45 for a quick blurb about the EcoDiesel)

https://youtu.be/CB6i68yZAhQ?t=12m45s

Edited by Anthony

Whats the over/under odds on the RAM beating the Silverado for the number 2 spot this year?

I think if anyone should be concerned about being overtaken in sales I think it is Chevy. Rams have been pretty competent trucks for a while and their interiors have been pretty good outside of a fair amount of hard plastics, which they have all had.

Fords full redesign should hit the showroom in the latter part of 2019, so they should be able to respond pretty quickly to these challenges. I dont think Ford will respond to the Rams center stack, which I think is their most interesting feature until the next generation.

Ford is going to have to add more tie downs. Widen the cargo bed eventually. And make the rear seats recline.

Rear reclining seats would be a plus. Does have to be a lot but a few degrees would help. But dont make the cab ugly

Like the ram max or whatever that ram is that looks like an old town car with the quarter glass covered with a landau top and says congressional series . Really just make The current rear seats slide forward a little when the back is reclined. F150 have a limo like back seat area.

Rear reclining seats would be a plus. Does have to be a lot but a few degrees would help. But dont make the cab ugly

Like the ram max or whatever that ram is that looks like an old town car with the quarter glass covered with a landau top and says congressional series . Really just make The current rear seats slide forward a little when the back is reclined. F150 have a limo like back seat area.

Nobody has ever complained about riding in the backseat of my trucks, but it would be a nice addition. There is enough room in the current cab size if they are able to slide the seat forward enough to accommodate the recline.

Wow suddenly the F150 seems a tad stale. They upped their game and have done a very impressive job of the overall product and then breaking down each model. I love the variation of the trim packages and details. They even change the IP between models and those rear seats look sweet. I think they pay attention to many small details-like the center rear arm rest, glove boxes, storage box and even the lower center console. Not sure if you guys have been in a Ram recently but even that interior is damn nice. I love the rubber center mount for the smart phone-small detail-but it shows somebody is paying attention.

I think even the new Silverado looks way better than their current version, but this would definitely be my next truck.

The one with red and black interior looks really nice. That's one area Ford needs to work on. With the exception of the Lariat with Special Edition package are rather plain.