2019 Ranger Production Information

ice-capades

Just heard from the local dealership that they have 2 allocations, and should be able to put my name on one of them. They were thinking they would see them around April, but hopefully sooner.

Retail orders won't start to schedule until after the "OK to Buy" status is achieved which may not happen until sometime in January. There's also a Retail Order Verification Program in place which requires dealers to upload retail documents (signed Buyer's Order, Driver's License, etc.) for verification before the order will be eligible for scheduling.

1 hour ago, kepfordj said:

Ford must  be doing something different, my retail order has been scheduled for the week of Jan. 7th and I have the VIN number.  1FTER4FHXKLA03988

That is strange. I wonder if Ford reworked their process because they did something similar with the 2019 Mustang. 

Im wondering if any A/X/Z plan orders (and retail in general for that matter) are going to be built but not shipped until the OK TO BUY is given, then those units will be reinspected no matter what before shipping. 

I looked into it a bit, and found this:

Until the okay to buy has been achieved, retail orders will not be selected for scheduling. Only retails that have been verified through the Retail Order Verification Program will be selected for scheduling.

I guess yours was verified, and thus selected for scheduling.

Overall we were impressed, we have a 2010 Sport-Trac limited 4x4 v-8 the Ranger had as much if not more power. It reminds me a lot of the Sport-Trac size and looks, Ranger is way ahead with interior comfort and technology. I think we will be very happy with our new Ranger, do not have a production date yet but my dealer says it's in line to be built.

2 hours ago, dbeck72130 said:

Overall we were impressed, we have a 2010 Sport-Trac limited 4x4 v-8 the Ranger had as much if not more power. It reminds me a lot of the Sport-Trac size and looks, Ranger is way ahead with interior comfort and technology. I think we will be very happy with our new Ranger, do not have a production date yet but my dealer says it's in line to be built.

It’s good to hear opinions from those that have seen it in person. It is sounding like this should be a nice truck for Ford. 

• 3 weeks later...

Ford is generating invoices for Ranger's in production but has posted a notice that Window Stickers will not be generated until fuel economy testing is completed and the final MPG ratings are available.

FORD STATEMENT

The availability of the 2019 Ford Ranger online Monroney Label has temporarily been disabled to allow for the final Fuel Economy data to be correctly represented on all documents. We anticipate that access to these online window stickers will continue to be disabled through December 10, 2018. This will impact access through both the Vehicle Locator application and the links provided to your Dealer web sites.

Our team will provide updates regarding the availability of these online window stickers as information regarding their release is received.

• Thanks 1

It appears the $750 Preorder Cash Bonus cannot be combined with private/commercial offers such as Farm Bureau offers.  Any inkling that Ford may offer up some other incentives (low financing or otherwise) before retail orders start arriving?

36 minutes ago, hared said:

It appears the $750 Preorder Cash Bonus cannot be combined with private/commercial offers such as Farm Bureau offers.  Any inkling that Ford may offer up some other incentives (low financing or otherwise) before retail orders start arriving?

Doubtful given the initial expected popularity.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2018 at 6:41 AM, ice-capades said:

Production for Dealer stock orders has started but customer retail orders will not start to schedule until the "OK to Buy" status has been achieved which is not expected until sometime in January. 

My dealer screwed my preorder up and ordered an XLT instead of the Lariat I signed for in my buyers order (we had gone back and forth before settling on the lariat). They've been cool about it since I have an email chain that backs me up and it's clear as day on the buyers order, but they had to order my Lariat as a retail order. They put it in as priority 12 but now I've worried it will be delayed as they tell me Ford only pulls retail orders once a month for scheduling.  My dealer is one of the larger ones in the area the deals in volume so I am hoping they have allocation. I have the VIN on the preorder and it's scheduled for delivery in 55 days! Anyone have any info on when they usually pull the retail orders, just looking for a VIN so I can track it on my own?

BTW, thanks to everyone on here; this thread has let me speak with my dealer like a pro :)  

• Like 1