2018 Navigator adaptive headlamps.

11 minutes ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi vipers. If there are no owner adjustments available, then you will need to bring it to the attention of your Dealers Service Department. They will need to check if they are aimed correctly, and if not, correct the issue.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

No, you can adjust the vertical aim but not the horizontal. 

38 minutes ago, Black Label said:

No, you can adjust the vertical aim but not the horizontal. 

Hi BL. I will certainly take your word for it. And yes, that is also the case for the Adaptive Headlamps in my MKZ. I just did not want to argue with "vipers" if he said his manual states no adjustments.

It really comes down to 3 main possibilities: If there are adjustments available and explained in the Owners Manual, then try that. If those don't work, bring it to the attention of the Dealership. Or...if there are no owner available adjustments, then bring it to the attention of the Dealership.

In other words (saying it in a joking manner)...There are no "double secret probation", hidden adjustments that mooks like us can spill the beans on. ?

Another thing I noticed in the Owners Manual images you and vipers posted, was where it states words to the effect that the Adaptive Headlamps will adjust illumination for speed and steering wheel angle. So if "vipers" took the photo while sitting still, the illumination distance/throw would be shorter than if the was driving.

EDIT - I just checked the  PDF version of the 2018 Owners Manual (3rd printing), and the instructions for adjusting the vertical aim of the headlights are on page 276-278. And as you stated, "vipers" can check the Index under "Adjusting the Headlights" if his copy is different. And if there are no adjustments on his Navigator, then the Dealer will need to address it.

Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530
Add Owners Manual info and correct typos.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, vipersinu2 said:

bbf2530,

Where did u get the Idea I was stopped?

If you were to LOOK at the HUD I was going 19 mph.

There is nothing in my manual about adjusting the lights.

I downloaded the PDF for 2019 navigator.

I never opend the manul in the glovebox yet.

It's on page 381 in your manual. 

1 hour ago, vipersinu2 said:

bbf2530,

Where did u get the Idea I was stopped?

If you were to LOOK at the HUD I was going 19 mph.

There is nothing in my manual about adjusting the lights.

I downloaded the PDF for 2019 navigator.

I never opend the manul in the glovebox yet.

Hi vipers. If you reread my reply, I clearly stated, "So if "vipers" took the photo while sitting still". 

"If" only means "if". I missed the very blurry speedometer reading, and you did not properly read my reply. We are trying to help you. So please be polite and skip the sarcasm and all caps.

On the subject of the photo being taken at 19 mph: According to the Adaptive Headlight information in the Owners Manual, the forward light illumination may be minimal at 19 mph, since the adaptive system adjusts forward and lateral illumination according to vehicle speed and steering wheel angle. So a photo taken at 19 mph may not show a long throw of illumination,  while a photo taken at 65 may have a longer throw of illumination. I do not know the answer. I am simply giving a possibility, according to the information in the Owners Manual.

I am not saying you have done anything wrong. And I am making no judgement over the Internet as to what is or is not wrong with your headlights. I am not in a position to do that. I simply stated that "It really comes down to 3 main possibilities: If there are adjustments available and explained in the Owners Manual, then try that. If those don't work, bring it to the attention of the Dealership. Or...if there are no owner available adjustments, then bring it to the attention of the Dealership."

So if your vehicle has no headlight adjustments and you feel the headlights are too low, it will need to be addressed by your Lincoln Dealer. Getting mad at the people honestly trying to help you will not help.

Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530
Typos, as usual. lol
  • Like 1