Ford is selling $90,000 Lincoln SUVs faster than it can make them

Can we put this in the right forum? Oh, it is.....carry on.

---

This isn't surprising news at all, and a good problem to have. If only the demand could spread to the rest of the lineup. Hopefully long term, Navigator will have a trickle down affect, helping to pull Lincoln's image upward ("well, I can't afford a Navigator, but look at that Nautilus, or look at that Aviator!").

• Like 3

Funny story. I know nobody will believe it, but I'll tell it anyway.

An LL at my plant was going on and on about the company car he ordered for his wife. Was really excited about it. I don't know exactly what he ordered, but it was a Navigator that topped out at over $85k sticker. So, the day comes and his order finally came in and him and his wife go and pick it up. She hates it. He has to keep it for a year so his teenage daughter is driving it while she drives her old MkS.

• Like 2

An LL at my plant was going on and on about the company car he ordered for his wife. Was really excited about it. I don't know exactly what he ordered, but it was a Navigator that topped out at over $85k sticker. So, the day comes and his order finally came in and him and his wife go and pick it up. She hates it. He has to keep it for a year so his teenage daughter is driving it while she drives her old MkS.

The new one or the old one?

LOL! Glad Im not paying insurance for a teenager driving a brand new $85k vehicle!

And why would someone spend that much money for a car for their wife without showing them first? Geez! Idiots!

• Like 1

LOL! Glad Im not paying insurance for a teenager driving a brand new $85k vehicle!

And why would someone spend that much money for a car for their wife without showing them first? Geez! Idiots!

Insurance is included in the lease payment. When I was in high school I could only drive the lease, I wasnt on my parents insurance it was way cheaper for them. Its actually pretty common around Detroit to see really nice cars that teens drive from FCA, GM and Ford for this reason.

• Like 1

Insurance is included in the lease payment. When I was in high school I could only drive the lease, I wasnt on my parents insurance it was way cheaper for them. Its actually pretty common around Detroit to see really nice cars that teens drive from FCA, GM and Ford for this reason.

Huh? Maybe that is part of the lease deal on the company car (he did say he had to keep it a year)? I've never heard of that before though.

Insurance is included in the lease payment? I once leased a 99 Cougar and was not offered that option. Could be common to include GAP coverage on a lease, but I highly doubt leases include auto insurance (liability, collision, etc).

Insurance is not included in the lease payment, at least not in the US.

Oh come on akriby, play along. At any rate, at leastt Volvo offers a subscription service that includes incsurance for the XC40 (which btw looks spectacular).

Subscriptions, yes but this wasn’t a subscription arrangement.

Sorry, should have clarified more with Ford Company LL with these leases insurance is included -- mileage is also unlimited, though they used to want them turned in if you got over 15K and pull up your next one. I think LL6 usually get 1 lease LL4 get 2 and 1 when they retire.

The vehicles used to be sold on the B-lot in Dearborn rather than the auction, Ford closed the B-lot about 10 years ago as it cost $$ to operate and the Ford dealers around Metro Detroit HATED it.

Edited by jasonj80