Ford Mulls Everest Raptor, Performance SUVs

But Everest is already in production and could be brought out much sooner than Bronco (in ROW of course).

True, but the opportunity is there for a better Raptor SUV with a brand new Bronco than what the Everest could offer at this point in its cycle. And thats not factoring in the legendary off road history of the Bronco that the Everest doesnt have. That alone is worth something I think.

Explorer is changing platforms and going from FWD to RWD. And I think that CAP is close to being maxed out. They were cutting Taurus production to make more Explorers.

Everest is already on T6 and will stay on T6. It shares the current platform with the current Ranger Raptor. There is no reason to wait for the new version of T6 - it’s already Raptor compatible and most of the work was already done with Ranger Raptor.

Explorer already has a Sport version which has the bigger engine already but not all the suspension work of a true ST. Not worth the effort to make a ST now.

Explorer is changing platforms and going from FWD to RWD. And I think that CAP is close to being maxed out. They were cutting Taurus production to make more Explorers.

Explorer already has a Sport version which has the bigger engine already but not all the suspension work of a true ST. Not worth the effort to make a ST now.

Well yeah, all things being equal though ST just fills the same hole sat the Sport currently does. Seems thats what theyre banking on for the Edge ST.

Side note, I sometimes wish they moved the Taurus out of CAP to

Oakville years ago, that way they wouldnt be so handcuffed by capacity there.

Everest is already on T6 and will stay on T6. It shares the current platform with the current Ranger Raptor. There is no reason to wait for the new version of T6 - its already Raptor compatible and most of the work was already done with Ranger Raptor.

Right, but based on the quotes in the article theres some questions with the rear end of the Everest, presumably due to the added weight of the enclosed body vs. the pickup bed. Since its assumed the Bronco is coming before NG Everest, it makes more sense to use the Bronco first (its nearly a clean sheet after all) and use the lessons learned there to apply on a NG Everest Raptor.

I agree if were talking about next gen, sure. But there is no reason they cant put the current Ranger Raptor components on the current Everest in ROW if they wanted to.

This pretty much sums it up why they could do the Everest right now. And why not, more options for customers.

• Like 1