Ford Mulls Everest Raptor, Performance SUVs

Just to be clear I was referring to Everest for ROW not US. Everest could be built at MAP and exported.

I think there is a small market for Everest here in between Bronco and Explorer for folks who want comfort and off road capability, but it’s pretty small. The only good reason to do it here would be to fill out factory capacity.

• Like 1

I agree, I think it would be great to make it available. However, if we get a 4-door Bronco, it may be redundant.

A 2 and a 4-door bronco is all you need...but if the bronco going to be a targeted wrangler competitor, there might be room for Everest.

But at the same time... if they do make the bronco a "Comfy Wrangler".... that again makes the Everest sound unnecessary.

A 2 and a 4-door bronco is all you need...but if the bronco going to be a targeted wrangler competitor, there might be room for Everest.

But at the same time... if they do make the bronco a "Comfy Wrangler".... that again makes the Everest sound unnecessary.

If the Bronco is a true hard-core off-roader, then there would be room for an Everest between Explorer in Bronco.

• Like 1

I dont think the Bronco buyer and the Everest buyer are the same people. I think there is room for the Everest as long as the Bronco can go open top. If it cant, then Everest would be redundant.

If it can help with factory utilization, and they wont lose money on them, why not. More options for customers.

Regarding the Everest name, I dont mind it and it already has some recognition. I dont get peoples dislike for the name.

I dont think the Bronco buyer and the Everest buyer are the same people. I think there is room for the Everest as long as the Bronco can go open top. If it cant, then Everest would be redundant.

If it can help with factory utilization, and they wont lose money on them, why not. More options for customers...

:thumb: gc-smiley-sign-i-agree.gif

...Regarding the Everest name, I dont mind it and it already has some recognition. I dont get peoples dislike for the name.

because it's THERE

ange003.gif

While there is probably a good case for having all three - Ranger, Everest and Bronco in North America

the feeling is that Bronco is a North America only vehicle (LHD only) and Everest will remain ROW.

If true, I think that's a shame because there's room for both chunky and smooth styled vehicle.

• Like 1

If it can help with factory utilization, and they wont lose money on them, why not. More options for customers.

Regarding the Everest name, I dont mind it and it already has some recognition. I dont get peoples dislike for the name.

for one Everest seats 7 and Bronco probably seats 5

While there is probably a good case for having all three - Ranger, Everest and Bronco in North America

the feeling is that Bronco is a North America only vehicle (LHD only) and Everest will remain ROW.

If true, I think that's a shame because there's room for both chunky and smooth styled vehicle.

Bronco is going global, they said that when they announced its return

Ford has said that Bronco is a global product intended for sale outside US. Although no mention of RHD, I would assume that it is part of the program. After all, Ranger and Everest are LHD / RHD so no reason to think Bronco will be different.

Ford can definitely sell Bronco and Everest side by side in any market where it makes sense... after all, one is going to be 5 seats and the other has 7 seats. Toyota sells Fortuner and 4Runner or Fortuner and Prado (and in a few places, all three) side by side in most places.

Edited by bzcat

Ford has said that Bronco is a global product intended for sale outside US. Although no mention of RHD, I would assume that it is part of the program. After all, Ranger and Everest are LHD / RHD so no reason to think Bronco will be different.

Ford can definitely sell Bronco and Everest side by side in any market where it makes sense... after all, one is going to be 5 seats and the other has 7 seats. Toyota sells Fortuner and 4Runner or Fortuner and Prado (and in a few places, all three) side by side in most places.

Thats the point I was trying to make

I think only pickups should be Raptors and another performance name should be used for SUC/CUVs. Maybe... Maverick?

But Raptor is not a truck modification. Its the transformation of a vehicle into a desert runner, so therefore it can be applied to suvs too, at least thats the current use of the name. Ill agree that it cant be plastered on every model, though. And I believe it would only be appropriate on certain SUVs....such as Bronco and Everest.