2019 GMC Sierra Revealed

rmc523

No higher than a Ford F-150 Platinum, Limited or KR. And the Ford has more engine options and features.

The Fords don't offer HUD, carbon fiber bed, multifunction tailgate, rear camera mirror, dynamic fuel management/cylinder deactivation technology, or open pore wood trim.

Price, features, and prestige make the highline GMC Sierras true luxury vehicles. These reasons are also why they will appeal to owners of sedans and crossovers from the leading luxury auto brands. Premium LD full size pickups in general can easily match or surpass the cost of luxury sedans like Mercedes-Benz E400 and Jaguar XF 3.5t, and the trucks offer similar amenities. Plus, expensive pickup trucks are big time status symbols nowadays. All the manufacturers of these trucks are targeting wealthy people living in large metropolitan areas. These customers may not ever tow anything or carry heavy loads with these trucks, but instead they use them for commuting and family travel. When GMC uses the phrase "Professional Grade" for their target audience, they're not referring to farmers, ranchers, or carpenters!

Sierra Denali has been the benchmark for the premium pickup truck segment since it came out in 2001. The 2019 version sets the bar even higher.

You mean like all the Platinum, Limited and Raptor models Ford offers? Gotcha. This truck is no different/better than any of those.

The Fords don't offer HUD, carbon fiber bed, multifunction tailgate, rear camera mirror, dynamic fuel management/cylinder deactivation technology, or open pore wood trim.

Wow, so the brand new shown off 5 hours ago truck has a few OPTIONS that the truck that was last redesigned for 2015, with a refresh for '18 doesn't? Who would've thought? Open pore trim does come on the top trims. The multifunction tailgate is a response to Ford's step that it's had since what? 2009? Only took 10 years...

Where's the panoramic moonroof? Trailer backup assist, etc. etc.?

Edited by rmc523

Its not worth arguing. GM good, Ford bad. Must be all those fleet sales....

Makes me wonder why are you here? Several members I ask that all time. Its so bad I end up putting them on ignore. I dont go to the GM or Toyota forums and mention how I dislike their products. I just dont care or want to put any energy into something I have no interest in.

• Like 3

Where's the panoramic moonroof? Trailer backup assist, etc. etc.?

Panoramic moonroof is an option on 2019 GMC Sierra SLT and Denali. Upper trims of 2019 Chevy Silverado also offer it.

GM's ProGrade Trailering System with Trailering smartphone app is standard on 2019 Sierra SLT and Denali. Hitch Guidance is also available. http://media.gmc.com/media/us/en/gmc/home.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2018/mar/0301-2019-sierra.html. Below is a description.

The 2019 Sierra offers a more confident towing experience thanks to GMC’s new ProGrade Trailering System, standard on Denali and SLT. The trailering system includes an all-new Trailering App featuring a Pre-Departure checklist, Maintenance Reminders, Trailer Light Test, Trailer Electrical Diagnostics and Trailer Tire Pressure and Temperature Monitoring.

Many of the Trailering App’s functions, including the lighting test and pre-departure checklist, are also available with the MyGMC app on compatible Android and iOS smartphones, a feature that offers great convenience when outside the truck or trailer.
The next generation Sierra also offers Hitch Guidance with Hitch View and Auto Electric Park Brake to help with perfect positioning when hitching. The available side view cameras and a trailer-mounted HD camera provide additional assistance when driving down the road or in reverse. With exclusive Trailer Theft Detection, owners can receive text and mobile alerts from OnStar when the trailer has been detached from the truck without permission.

Makes me wonder why are you here? Several members I ask that all time. Its so bad I end up putting them on ignore. I dont go to the GM or Toyota forums and mention how I dislike their products. I just dont care or want to put any energy into something I have no interest in.

I hope that was directed at rperez not me.

• Like 1

Panoramic moonroof is an option on 2019 GMC Sierra SLT and Denali. Upper trims of 2019 Chevy Silverado also offer it.

GM's ProGrade Trailering System with Trailering smartphone app is standard on 2019 Sierra SLT and Denali. Hitch Guidance is also available. http://media.gmc.com/media/us/en/gmc/home.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2018/mar/0301-2019-sierra.html. Below is a description.

Call me when you can back up a trailer with a knob on the dash.

F-150 has had all that since 2015.

And no, neither Silverado nor Sierra offer a full roof panoramic moonroof like F-150/Super Duty and the new RAM.

Call me when you can back up a trailer with a knob on the dash.

That's what I was referring to in my earlier post.

I try to be objective, I really do. Ford just hasnt given me very many reasons to be positive lately.

Ok, here is the girls perspective.................... OMG the front of that thing is hideous. There are WAY too many things going on there. Too many angles and cut outs for the sake of angles an cut outs. There is such a thing as too much surfacing, and too many details, and this is the poster child for that. I guess they couldn't decide if they wanted round or square wheel wells................ so they did both.

Why is the interior exactly the same as the Chevy??

I will say this, for once, the Chevy and the GMC look completely different on the outside. Now they are both ugly. I hate those tiny little headlights on the Silverado, with that giant expanse of flat tall grill.................. and I dislike this just as much with how horribly busy it is. I can't even imagine trying to clean that front end. Imagine going through a bunch of bees, and having to clean it (have had it happen multiple times with the Explorer and the Super Duty). You would want to kill people.

Anyway, it will sell fine. It finally has actual features, although it still falls short in some. I'm not sure about the transformer tailgate yet. I will have to play with it. GM will accomplish what they needed to accomplish with this redesign. They will bring current GM truck owners in to buy another................. and that is the point.

• Like 3

I try to be objective, I really do. Ford just hasnt given me very many reasons to be positive lately.

I understand that completely. Current times are not exactly uplifting at Ford. Especially if you work for corporate or a dealer. I believe they are in transition. That said, my post, which I should have worded differently, was basically saying why come to a ford enthusiast site and cheerlead for a different manufacturer over and over. Why waste the time and energy? I like to hear different perspectives but damn dont be a real people commercial on here. Thats dumb.

• Like 1

I understand that completely. Current times are not exactly uplifting at Ford. Especially if you work for corporate or a dealer. I believe they are in transition. That said, my post, which I should have worded differently, was basically saying why come to a ford enthusiast site and cheerlead for a different manufacturer over and over. Why waste the time and energy? I like to hear different perspectives but damn dont be a real people commercial on here. Thats dumb.

theyre definitely in transition. I just wish they werent so agonizingly vague about it. I understand being vague so the competition doesnt get a jump on you but when investors are bitching out the CEO during conference calls for being vague thats a little too much. Edited by fuzzymoomoo

I wonder about some features being GMC specific and only on high end models. Seems like when they do this the take on it is low so it gets dropped fast. Like the GMC envoy with the retractable roof. Also, wasnt 4 wheel steering available only on Sierra? So I wonder if carbon fiber bed and trick tailgate will make it long?

GM would have been smart to make a Buick a Chinese only name brand and gotten rid of GMC and move the higher end models to Chevy-but no....Chevy gets treated like a white trash/el cheapo brand.

There is really no need for Buick or GMC-all it is extra money spent to make them look different and market them differently then Chevy or Caddy

Somehow they’re convinced that GMC truck buyers won’t buy the exact same features on a Chevy with the same grille which I think is ridiculous. They said the same thing about Ford killing Mercury.

I think the bigger problem though was dealerships.

Somehow they’re convinced that GMC truck buyers won’t buy the exact same features on a Chevy with the same grille which I think is ridiculous. They said the same thing about Ford killing Mercury.

Right-get rid of Buick and that issue would go away. Your basically supporting two extra brands that don't have a huge upsell over Chevy. Its not like the difference between Ford and Lincoln.

Give Chevy the GMC look, and I'd think a lot more of the brand. The GMCs always look so much better/classier than the Chevys.

Agree that the dealership network was the problem, though.