Ford to reveal future product plans on Thursday (Bronco under cover and a baby Bronco!)

I think we are all aware of the name Maverick. I kind like that idea, except for Fords tradition of useing E names on SUVs/CUVs. Maverick is a good name and has precedent in Europe where the first generation Escape went by that name.

Edited by Jqa1824
  • Like 1

I 'd like to see them call the baby Bronco : "Maverick"

How about 'Nokota'

Nokota HORSE PROFILE

Profile: Nokota horses are some of the last descendants of the wild horses of North Dakota. These hardy, smart horses lived on the open rangeland among other bands of horses in the western North Dakota badlands.

Characteristics: The Nokota is a sound, athletic, handy, agile and hardy horse with great stamina. Nokota horses have a square, angular frame with prominent withers, distinctly sloped croup, low-set tail and strong bone/legs/hooves. Many have feathered fetlocks, and often their ears are slightly hooked at the tips. Nokota horses tend to mature slowly.

These go-anywhere, do-anything horses are brave and reliable, and they are intrinsic problem solvers. Belying their wild past, they tend to be kind and form very strong bonds with humans who treat them with trust and respect.

http://www.horsechannel.com/horse-breeds/profiles/nokota-horse-breed.aspx

Dodge might complain encroachment on "Dakota"

Edited by Kev-Mo

This presentation was for U.S. product. It would be neat to see the same type of reveal for Europe and China. Yes, there is some product overlap, but particularly with China, much more (presumably) in the pipeline that was not revealed yesterday. In the case of a presentation for Europe, we might get a better idea of the sedan part of the equation (Mondeo/Fusion, Focus, Fiesta, KA, etc.).

I would love to see the Maverick name used again in the US.

Being an old guy who was around back then, the Maverick car was nothing special. It was a basic, nondescript, econo-car based on the 1960 Falcon. When I think Maverick, I think cheap. To me, there are better names for Ford to use, if they want to revisit the past.

• Like 1

LS...why not? or is it just it wont fit in to the numbers of vehicles hinted at?...Lincstang is CD6 correct ?....no reason Ford cant do a version to revamp the T Bird nameplate as a potential up market Taurus replacement...seems almost no brainer...

Edited by Deanh

Being an old guy who was around back then, the Maverick car was nothing special. It was a basic, nondescript, econo-car based on the 1960 Falcon. When I think Maverick, I think cheap. To me, there are better names for Ford to use, if they want to revisit the past.

Does FCA still own the Colt name? If not, that's your baby Bronco right there.
  • Like 1

LS...why not? or is it just it wont fit in to the numbers of vehicles hinted at?...Lincstang is CD6 correct ?....no reason Ford cant do a version to revamp the T Bird nameplate as a potential up market Taurus replacement...seems almost no brainer...

Yes, the numbers game.

T-bird and Lincstang = 2 new nameplates.

Edited by 03 LS
  • Like 1