Will Ford build a plugin hybrid ECOSport?

My wife and I love our 2013 C Max hybrid and will need a new vehicle in maybe 2 years and hopes Ford will build our next car/Cuv. We like the semi higher seating position of a Cuv compared to a car even though the MPG is not quiet as good, we are retired and ingress/egress is much easier.

Almost all Ford SUVs will have 'hybrid' versions available in the next 2-3 years, will be interesting to see if they go to a PHEV. Right now the PHEV SUV market is pricey with luxury brands like Volvo, BMW, and Mercedes-Benz, except for the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV.

Op, the best guess right now is that the smallest CUV that will be hybrid and/or PIH is the new product announced last Thursday that will slot below the Bronco. This vehicle will be close in size to the C-Max. I have a C-Max Energi and like it for the same reason as you - among other reasons. It's been a really good vehicle.

• Like 1

The south American version of Ecosport also includes a diesel AWD set up and I suspect

that path preservation may preclude larger battery pack for a PHEV but perhaps a smaller

under floor battery pack might make a hybrid possible..

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

There won't be a PHEV EcoSport. The best you can hope for to replace C-Max is probably Escape hybrid, which has been confirmed.

Although I'd suggest also that you wait and see what kind of range Ford will bring to the table with their electric CUV that is also coming out around the same time.